Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 19:43   #16
BHPian

True, it really hurts the owner of the car when a company stops the production of the model and change a few things and claim it to be a new car... Esteem is the best example of this. Still the same old car but these days people call it TYPE 4
Old 28th August 2007, 15:45   #17
BHPian

even toyota and honda do that on regular basis, once a dealer told me they do it because after certain time the discount demand from the buyers starts growing, because compititor is offering discount.

so they do the facelift and start all over, and they dont offer much discount also.

i was not completly convinced with the statement but if does make little bit of sense.

and it also enhance product life cycle, say M-800, WagorR, Santro Indica, camry changes every 8 month.
Old 28th August 2007, 23:27   #18
BHPian

i know changes are part of the business but does it make sense to completely change the car and say ""THIS IS A NEW MODEL""
cosmetic changes doesnot matter that much ..but how the owner of a car who has spent his hard earned money feel when he/she gets to know that the production of their model has been STOPPED???
Old 29th August 2007, 01:25   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
..but how the owner of a car who has spent his hard earned money feel when he/she gets to know that the production of their model has been STOPPED???
The should feel happy that there won't be too many people driving similar cars
Change is part of life dude, if not for change we would still be driving first generation Amby and Maruti 800's.
Old 29th August 2007, 10:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayavi View Post
if not for change we would still be driving first generation Amby and Maruti 800's.

i m not talking abt 800,s and amby`s .......talking abt the recent model changes be it the honda city,baleno/SX4,zen,and may be the wagonr,santro etc
Old 29th August 2007, 16:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post
i m not talking abt 800,s and amby`s .......talking abt the recent model changes be it the honda city,baleno/SX4,zen,and may be the wagonr,santro etc
well it does hurt a lot and when your one month old suddenly becomes old model.

smart thing to do is that try to keep an eye on when they( the car companies )are making the next change and get a big discount from the company.

i did it with toyota when i bought camry for my office.

so keep each other informed about this if you hear anything..
Old 29th August 2007, 21:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

If companies want to change models, let them but it shouldnot be a hiden secret, buyers should be aware of it. Some buyers do get a good oppurtunity due to change of models, like when the Accord was phased out to make way for the new one, the Accord's were available for 12Lacs.
Old 30th August 2007, 09:51   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
If companies want to change models, let them but it shouldnot be a hiden secret, buyers should be aware of it. Some buyers do get a good oppurtunity due to change of models, like when the Accord was phased out to make way for the new one, the Accord's were available for 12Lacs.
that is true busa but if they let the people before the stocks will not clear at the dealers end. so 2 days before the launch they offer major discounts on the cars remaining in the stocks.
Old 30th August 2007, 13:34   #24
BHPian

when a new model/replacement has to be launched the stock clearing process starts 6 -8 months before ......and most nos of cars are sold in this period which offers great discounts ...also if they start telling customers that ""we are offering you discount because there is new model planned for replacemnt"" NOBODY WILL BUY THE CAR AT THAT POINT OF TIME..and wait for some more time or shift to another car companies ..so a customer who doesnot knw abt the car market (new launches/replacement ) will suffer the most in such a case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks