Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2004, 17:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

SO the Marina is finally here.

Just watched a snippet on the launch of the Marina, slated for tomorrow on Star News. The car is to be officially launched tomorrow at Pune by Ratan Tata.

The car seems to have space on the inside. What i don't like though is that the struts as usual have intruded into the luggage compartment reducing effective space. There also seems to be an improvement on the quality side as well.

The rumoured price seems to start at a figure less than Rs. 6 lakh.

IMO, estates seem to have died down in India. No matter what the other three manufacturers have done, its turned out to be a limited volume segment. Its possible the same could happen with Tata as well.

Here's wishing them luck and waiting for Mr. Stratos to pick one up.

Revvmaster
Old 14th September 2004, 17:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

The Marina is the third vehicle based on the Indica platform after the Indica of course. Like Revv says Estates really dont have a market and we have seen that through the likes of the wagon versions of the Corsa, Siena and the Altura. The only OK selling wagon was the Tata Estate which later died.

Personally I dont feel the Marina will really succeed as much as its other siblings and at 6 lakh plus... its quite pricey. I had expected a launch soon after I had caught it on road 2 weeks ago .

See the pictures here

Well all the best to Tata and Stratos your next car is already hitting the market so head to the showroom pal

Dippy
Old 14th September 2004, 20:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

hahaha!!! Well... i dont mind it as a next <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q...;car</a>... cauz frankly.. if u keep those accelaration and bhp figures aside....the Indica, Indigo and the Indigo Marina... have everything that a common Indian man needs and at a very very good price!!(Quality is improving ok!! *)
Well Indica gave a run for the money to its competetiors.. same with the Indigo... cant say abt the Indigo Marina..cauz, station wagon class fits the needs and likings of a very small amount of the population!!!
I too wish them best of luck!!! Hope to see the small segment emerge!!

Old 22nd September 2004, 19:00   #4
Team-BHP Support

Have you guys seen the Marina's pricing! Starting at just 4.11 Lakhs ex-showroom, thats an amazing price if you ask me! They say it tops out at about 5.2 lakhs.

I don't think you can find more space for your money anywhere!

I was skeptical at first, but I think at this price, the Marina will sell pretty well. I applaud TATA for sticking to their word about giving more car per car to Indians.

Rt
Old 22nd September 2004, 19:09   #5
Senior - BHPian

That is a vfm package!! 4.11 to 5.2. that is awesome!
Old 22nd September 2004, 19:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

wow!!!!

wonder when is the offical release in hyd, cant wait to check this wagon out!!!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks