Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2024, 11:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross to get new, higher-spec petrol non-hybrid trim

Toyota will soon launch a new higher-spec petrol non-hybrid variant of the Innova Hycross. The new GX (O) trim will be positioned above the existing GX variant.

Toyota Innova Hycross to get new, higher-spec petrol non-hybrid trim-2022toyotainnovahycross01-1.jpg

The Innova Hycross GX (O) will be offered in 7 and 8-seater configurations. Being the top-of-the-line trim, it will come equipped with all the bells and whistles, including a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, automatic climate control, a 360-degree camera, rear sunshade, front parking sensors, LED fog lamps and more.

The Innova Hycross GX (O) non-hybrid will be powered by the 2.0-litre petrol engine paired with a CVT. This unit puts out 173 BHP and 209 Nm.

Prices for the new GX (O) variant will be announced soon.

Link to Team-BHP news

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th March 2024 at 09:37. Reason: A word.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 11:47   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota Innova Hycross to get new, higher-spec petrol non-hybrid trim

Better price it well, Toyota. There is an opportunity. I know a lot of people who would otherwise never consider the regular petrol Innova Hycross (because it's a guzzler), but once they saw the BIG price difference to the hybrid, they made peace with the non-hybrid variant. Guzzler yes, but those with lesser running are okay with saving up a couple of lakhs. The hybrid is fantastic, but it's also expensive & I believe has longer waiting periods.

Just watch out for the resale of the non-hybrid petrol. It'll be a depreciation disaster.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 12:07   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I believe there will be an independent market of people who buy the petrol only HyCross and then have it converted to CNG aftermarket for 50-75k. An attractive proposition for lower running costs without spending 5-6L extra for hybrid.

More importantly, the non hybrid GX(o) is perfect for the large family which wants the feel good features but does not have the budget/running to make the case for the hybrid VX(o) or ZX(o)

The hybrid premium is frankly too much to be justified practically, unless you are running 25-30k km every year. Which private customers rarely do.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 14:35   #4

For individuals searching for a Hycross but not wanting to shell out a lot of cash for hybrids, this is a great choice. As the GTO said, this will be just as disastrous to resell as the petrol Crysta.

On the other hand, I got an amazing offer for the entry-level Invicto. Almost 2.5L off on MY 2023.

If the taxes on hybrids are going to come down, they might even stop top-end non-hybrid ones.

Last edited by Autonaut : 26th March 2024 at 14:36.
Autonaut is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 15:07   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The Innova Hycross GX (O) will be offered in 7 and 8-seater configurations. Being the top-of-the-line trim, it will come equipped with all the bells and whistles, including a 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, automatic climate control, a 360-degree camera, rear sunshade, front parking sensors, LED fog lamps and more.

Link to Team-BHP news
Where's the cruise control? That's an absolute nowadays for every automatic!
Also has anyone successfully linked CNG with your hycross petrol?
Rohan1511 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 19:47   #6
BHPian

Innova commands massive demand in its segment, and if it is able to pull buyers at 30-35L price they why there is a need for a lower variant. I have an unpopular opinion here, they should get rid of petrol only variants. New Innova is a generational jump over Crysta in all aspects and despite the crazy pricing there are takers willing to wait for months. Focusing on a low AOV variant at this point will only dilute the Hycross brand.

Infact they should split the segment with Crysta based variants catering to 18-25L and the premium Hycross focusing on 30-40L
Asoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 07:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross to get new, higher-spec petrol non-hybrid trim

They should bring back the torque converter AT in the Crysta. This would automatically reduce the waiting periods on the Hycross.
longhorn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 07:23   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

This variant makes a lot of sense for people whose use case is less like me. My primary car is a small car for city use and highway runs are not that much. If I need a 7/8 seater, this would definitely fit the bill. The only missing feature I would have loved to have is cruise control. Other than that, everything is there in it. Attaching the updated spec sheet for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf e-brochure-hycross-spec (7).pdf (223.1 KB, 48 views)
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 09:10   #9
BHPian

Wouldn't Kia Carens make more sense.
I have a Comet EV for city use and use an S-Cross for my highway trips. I am still looking for a replacement and this new addition from Toyota is interesting.
If Toyota's Hycross petrol is not a good option from re-sale perspective, would I not be better off with a fully loaded Kia Carens.
RROD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 12:56   #10
BHPian

I had visited a dealer to enquire about the Hycross last week, but there was no mention of this new variant coming in to the market. As GTO said the price difference between Petrol top end and Hybrid top end is a whopping 13-14 Lakhs in Mumbai.
What also caught me by surprise is that the mention of total discontinuation of Crysta.
I always felt that Crysta was a better vehicle than the Hycross and was interested to have a look at the Crysta pricing. Any walked away from the dealer, for some reason the salesperson was pushing the 5 seater Urban Cruiser when I had clearly mentioned that my requirement is of 6-7 seater. Do you guys think the Ford re-entry is a possibility , I am willing to wait for the Endeavour if there is some news of their coming back in the Indian Market.
Old 27th March 2024, 14:19   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseltuned View Post
for some reason the salesperson was pushing the 5 seater Urban Cruiser when I had clearly mentioned that my requirement is of 6-7 seater.
Intersting you say that. I had gone for a TD of both the Hyrider and Hycross and the salesman was pushing the Hyrider more. Maybe they are clearing old stock?
Jaguar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 14:56   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Better price it well, Toyota. There is an opportunity. I know a lot of people who would otherwise never consider the regular petrol Innova Hycross (because it's a guzzler), but once they saw the BIG price difference to the hybrid, they made peace with the non-hybrid variant. Guzzler yes, but those with lesser running are okay with saving up a couple of lakhs. The hybrid is fantastic, but it's also expensive & I believe has longer waiting periods.

Just watch out for the resale of the non-hybrid petrol. It'll be a depreciation disaster.
Count on me, I am one of them. The massive difference in price between Non Hybrid and Hybrid isn't worth it. Technologically yes, the hybrid is superior but a small 1.6 KW Battery would only able to move this mammoth piece for say 2-3 kms. Passenger load, ever rising temperatures and never ending traffic would eventually make the car work with petrol engine more. On highways, the engine will power most of the times hence lower efficiency figures compared to city.

I drove both versions back to back, apart from added boost from motor, the drive experience was more or less same. Hence have given up on hybrid version. Non Hybrid made more sense to me, hence have ended up booking one.
CarguyNish is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 15:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Toyota India has launched a new petrol variant for the Innova Hycross named the GX(O).

Toyota Innova Hycross to get new, higher-spec petrol non-hybrid trim-20240415_152448.jpg

It is priced at Rs 20.99 lakh for the eight-seat version and Rs 21.13 lakh for the seven-seat version. (All prices, ex-showroom).

Link

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks