Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2024, 14:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

2024 Kia Carens launched; gets new Diesel MT & 6-seater trims

Kia has updated the Carens or the 2024 model year. The carmaker has introduced 7 new trims, including diesel manual and 6-seater variants.

2024 Kia Carens launched; gets new Diesel MT & 6-seater trims-image-kia-carens-new-colour-pewter-olive.jpg

Prices for the 2024 Carens start at Rs 10.52 lakh, while the new variants are priced from Rs 12.12 lakh (ex-showroom). The top-spec X-Line variant has also been updated and now costs Rs 19.67 lakh (ex-showroom).

The 1.5-litre diesel engine is now available with a 6-speed manual gearbox. The Carens Diesel MT is available in both 6 and 7-seat configurations with prices starting at Rs 12.67 lakh (ex-showroom).

2024 Kia Carens launched; gets new Diesel MT & 6-seater trims-screenshot-20240402-143506.jpg

The Prestige+ (O) variant in 7DCT and 6AT now gets an electric sunroof, an LED map lamp and a room lamp. Additionally, the Prestige (O) variant offers the choice of 6 or 7 seating capacity, a leatherette-wrapped gear knob, a smart key with push-button start, an LED Rear Combination lamp, LED DRLs and a positioning lamp.

The Premium (O) trim gets new features such as keyless entry, an 8-inch infotainment system, a shark fin antenna, a steering-mounted remote control, a burglar alarm, and more. All variants now get a 180W charger.

The Carens X-Line gets additional features like a dashcam and auto up/down for all windows with voice commands. The X-Line variant is also available in a 7-seat configuration.

The Kia Carens is now available in the Pewter Olive exterior colour.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd April 2024 at 14:37.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:05   #2
BHPian

Re: 2024 Kia Carens launched; gets new Diesel MT & 6-seater trims

Does this get the structural strengthening that Creta received?
TorquePull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2024, 19:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

The Prestige+ (O) variant in 7DCT and 6AT now gets an electric sunroof, an LED map lamp and a room lamp. Additionally, the Prestige (O) variant offers the choice of 6 or 7 seating capacity, a leatherette-wrapped gear knob, a smart key with push-button start, an LED Rear Combination lamp, LED DRLs and a positioning lamp.
The Prestige+ (O) variant in 7DCT and 6AT now seems to be super VFM with these additional features. The ones looking for a sunroof and automatic may need not go for the higher variants now.
Old 3rd April 2024, 00:12   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePull View Post
Does this get the structural strengthening that Creta received?
I guess that could only come with a facelift, which isn't due until 2025 at least.
bettertwitter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2024, 09:17   #5

Now all the variants are available in all colors, which were previously not (as per the website).

Seems like the Olive color introducted in the Seltos has also made it to Carens.
Attached Thumbnails
2024 Kia Carens launched; gets new Diesel MT & 6-seater trims-carens-colors.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 3rd April 2024 at 09:32. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:11   #6
BHPian

Carens is indeed very capable car with good highway manners. During my recent long distance trip to north in my Hector, I frequently saw Carens overtaking or keeping pace with my Hector in quite stable manner throughout the highways at triple digits.

Diesel lovers should lap it up before it’s discontinued.
Old 3rd April 2024, 11:22   #7

Much needed change. Carens have most weird Trim management. Earlier, K1.5 and D1.5 were not available in pure MT, were available in iMT only. Few people can not adopt iMT. Now atleast D1.5 is available in MT and K1.5 still in iMT only. Still they should introduce G1.5 IVT in prestige+ option, which could be perfect option for those who drives more in city and less on highway.

Earlier, Price difference between Prestige and Prestige + was roughly 1.50 Lakhs (Now it is 1.30 Lakhs) and what you get extra is ACC, Rear defogger & wiper, Push start Button, Rear Glass curtain. I believe the price difference is not justified.

Now they have added (O) models in Premium, Prestige & Prestige+. So now people have more choices.
Old 3rd April 2024, 12:51   #8
BHPian

The re-introduction of diesel MT trims is a great move.

I live near a couple of large tech parks in Bangalore, and I've noticed that the Kia Carens in diesel guise (especially after the death of the Maruti Ertiga Diesel, the Mahindra Xylo, the ever-increasing prices of the Toyota Innova Crysta and the slow reception towards the Mahindra Marazzo) seems to be the new fleet favourite.

However, these were all diesel iMTs. The diesel MT variant should see it quickly gaining popularity here.
Old 3rd April 2024, 13:04   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasKinger View Post
However, these were all diesel iMTs. The diesel MT variant should see it quickly gaining popularity here.
Cabbies might still prefer the iMT.

My regular taxi operator drives a Carens iMT and is one happy guy. Due to knee problems, he was looking for an automatic and this iMT works well for him.

His other cars are a Ciaz diesel and a recent Ciaz petrol. While the former is frugal to run but has a heavy clutch, the latter is a expensive to run and still a manual. Per him, Carens is the best of both worlds for him. His only concern is slightly higher expense when overhauling the clutch system.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2024, 12:49   #10
BHPian

So does this mean no facelift for Carens this year? I am planning to buy a 6/7 seater this year and was hoping to see a facelifted Carens. Variants rejig is welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks