Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2024, 12:41   #1
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun prices slashed by up to Rs 1.10 lakh

Volkswagen has reduced the prices of the Taigun by up to Rs 1.10 lakh. It is a limited-period offer and is valid on select variants.

Volkswagen Taigun prices slashed by up to Rs 1.10 lakh-2021vwtaigun05.jpg

The price of the Comfortline 1.0L MT variant has been reduced from Rs 11.70 lakh to Rs 11 lakh. The prices of the GT Plus Chrome DSG and GT Plus Chrome DSG with new features have been slashed by Rs 75,000 and Rs 1.05 lakh, respectively.

The prices of the 1.5 GT Plus DSG Deep Black Pearl and GT Plus DSG Deep Black Pearl with new features have been reduced by Rs 74,000 and Rs 1.04 lakh, respectively, while the corresponding Carbon Steel Grey Matte variants now cost up to Rs 1.10 lakh less.

Volkswagen Taigun revised ex-showroom prices:

• Comfortline 1.0 MT – Rs 11 lakh
  • GT Plus Chrome 1.5 DSG – Rs 18.69 lakh
  • GT Plus Chrome 1.5 DSG with new features – Rs 18.69 lakh
  • GT Plus 1.5 DSG Deep Black Pearl – Rs 18.90 lakh
  • GT Plus 1.5 DSG Deep Black Pearl with new features – Rs 18.90 lakh
  • GT Plus 1.5 DSG Carbon Steel Grey Matte – Rs 18.90 lakh
  • GT Plus 1.5 DSG Carbon Steel Grey Matte with new features – Rs 18.90 lakh

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 13th April 2024 at 12:42.
TusharK is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 14:17   #2
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun prices slashed by up to Rs 1.10 lakh

Skoda had almost a clearance sale on Kushaq and Slavia models around Holi, that was on MY 2023 models though. Some models went upto 2.5 lacs off. Seems like this discount is irrespective of MY 2023/24.

High time VW group gives a significant midlife update to these cars. Discounts won't help keep them the numbers against the Koreans.

Question to the experts: is this a group specific softening of demand or early signs of slowdown (even Maruti giving discounts on few models)?
Shobhitsaxena is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 14:25   #3
BHPian

Is this an official price correction or merely consumer discount passed on by the OEM for limited time/stock? If so, then it may not be apt to term it as “price slash”.

Industry overall is grappling with high inventory for most OEMs, hence the sudden surge in discounts last couple of months. Particularly required to move the last of 2023 stocks.
Motormania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 20:11   #4
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the 1.0 MT Comfortline. Any idea if any further discounts would be possible in Mumbai?
Lalvaz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 11:18   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting. We are well into April'24, so I'm presuming these are not related with stock clearance of 2023 MY cars. But then - I wonder what prompts this.

Would it be too wrong to guess that they are testing the market response for a potential price adjustment / correction to make room for the Skoda sub4M crossover coming up in near future?
Old 15th April 2024, 14:32   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Interesting. We are well into April'24, so I'm presuming these are not related with stock clearance of 2023 MY cars. But then - I wonder what prompts this.
I think they’re facing serious competition from Hyundai & Kia. Im guessing VW will offer the same kind of discounts for Virtus as well. They may be planning additional features like ADAS & 360 Camera to both the vehicles and will launch right before the festive season. Probably VW will call it a ‘ADAS Edition’ or ‘Radar Edition’
LionX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 15:30   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Volkswagen has reduced the prices of the Taigun by up to Rs 1.10 lakh. It is a limited-period offer and is valid on select variants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shobhitsaxena View Post

Question to the experts: is this a group specific softening of demand or early signs of slowdown (even Maruti giving discounts on few models)?
You might have seen related news coming from all the manufacturers, recently Toyota Hycross and Mahindra XUV700 also were in news stating waiting periods have reduced. It seems Indian automotive sales high is crossed and we are in a down cycle. Soon discounts should be coming for GV and Hyryder too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Is this an official price correction or merely consumer discount passed on by the OEM for limited time/stock? If so, then it may not be apt to term it as “price slash”.
The news states, limited period offer on select variants, seems like a stock clearance before a minor upgrade is launched. Could be partly driven due to stiff competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Looking at the 1.0 MT Comfortline. Any idea if any further discounts would be possible in Mumbai?
Yes, if you are open to 2023 stock, then VW are known for deep discounting to clear off old inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Would it be too wrong to guess that they are testing the market response for a potential price adjustment / correction to make room for the Skoda sub4M crossover coming up in near future?
Skoda sub4 is in a lower segment, they should have increased the price to make room for it, not sure how slashing the price is going to work. Also, the cost to manufacture Taigun vs the Kylaq/Kyroq may be similar, it’s just the taxes advantage. Note: other than enthusiasts, the masses believe Skoda and VW are different brands so not sure if adjusting prices is really the motive here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
They may be planning additional features like ADAS & 360 Camera to both the vehicles and will launch right before the festive season.
ADAS is definitely useful on highways, at the minimum adaptive cruise control and blind spot detection, everything else remains unused in Indian conditions. 360 cam is very useful for navigating tight parking, traffic jams etc. Lack of ADAS was one of the reasons why Taigun/Kushaq went out of our shortlist!
sapien is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2024, 15:40   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapien View Post
Skoda sub4 is in a lower segment, they should have increased the price to make room for it, not sure how slashing the price is going to work. Also, the cost to manufacture Taigun vs the Kylaq/Kyroq may be similar, it’s just the taxes advantage. Note: other than enthusiasts, the masses believe Skoda and VW are different brands so not sure if adjusting prices is really the motive here.
Yeah - I knew I should have worded it better the moment it exited the edit window .

What I meant was - since the sub4M car is going to be dropped bang in the hotly contested space - they'll not have any room to price it at a premium. If that happens - that would put a HUGE gap between the sub4M and the Taigun/Kushaq - putting the larger ones at a big disadvantage on either side of the sales spectrum. Especially given the heat they are already facing from the Creta/Seltos on the other side - I suspect lowering the price of these 2 will give them sufficient fighting chance to keep the customer within the same showroom and keep cross-shopping customers with options for the sub4M and the Kushaq. Because eventually - the Kushaq & Taigun can also not have much of a price difference.

Anyway - lets see .
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 11:10   #9
BHPian

Went to see the Virtus over the weekend, was immediately offered 1.35 lakh off on the topline 1.0 variant and 0.85 lakh off on the GT variant. The pricing already seems aggressive given the competition in sedans, it looks like a classical case of increase the price and then give a discount so the customer thinks he is a winner.

Was put off by the quality of interiors, AC vents are flimsy(reminds of Maruti ecco) and cup holders can probably only hold Rs 20 cola cans. However small these issues since i went to get a car for wife, she said an outright no.
Old 16th April 2024, 12:06   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
Went to see the Virtus over the weekend, was immediately offered 1.35 lakh off on the topline 1.0 variant and 0.85 lakh off on the GT variant. The pricing already seems aggressive given the competition in sedans, it looks like a classical case of increase the price and then give a discount so the customer thinks he is a winner.

Was put off by the quality of interiors, AC vents are flimsy(reminds of Maruti ecco) and cup holders can probably only hold Rs 20 cola cans. However small these issues since i went to get a car for wife, she said an outright no.
Are they offering 1.35L on Topline 1.0 AT MY23 or MY24 version?

Asking coz I'm considering Virtus/Slavia 1.0 AT as the replacement for my 10 year old City iDTEC, which has run more than 180k Kms.
car_guy1998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 12:15   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The prices of the 1.5 GT Plus DSG Deep Black Pearl and GT Plus DSG Deep Black Pearl with new features have been reduced by Rs 74,000 and Rs 1.04 lakh, respectively, while the corresponding Carbon Steel Grey Matte variants now cost up to Rs 1.10 lakh less.
I literally purchased a Taigun 1.5 GT PLUS DSG less than 3 weeks ago and now the prices dropped
(The only solace i have is that i don't like the grill of the new Taigun and the "GTLine" badging also looks bad to me)
BrakHorseBarhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 12:16   #12
BHPian

Quote:
You are not alone. Several people at my workplace have rejected these fantastic cars for the same reasons.

I wonder what stops VW/Skoda from making interiors that look acceptable - perhaps L&K trim with leatherette clad dashboard, glovbox-lid and some other touchpoints. Learn from what Jeep did with Compass.

Last edited by Su-47 : 16th April 2024 at 12:17.
Su-47 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 16:59   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Are they offering 1.35L on Topline 1.0 AT MY23 or MY24 version?

Asking coz I'm considering Virtus/Slavia 1.0 AT as the replacement for my 10 year old City iDTEC, which has run more than 180k Kms.
They are offering 1.35 lakh on MY 24 cars, for MY 23 the cherry colour they have offered for 1 lakh additional discount(2.35 lakh discount), its cheaper also since MY 23 is without electric seats and MY 24 comes with electric seats.

I took a detailed test drive today, the car drives well, it has a surprising great pickup thanks to the Turbo, insurance in long term will be lower cost given the 1000cc engine, my dad found the interior way better than Astor contrary to my opinion, dad given he is 65 with knees replaced also found the ingress/degress very comfortable.

Given your driving distance you can also consider the MG ZS EV, i have booked the excite pro model which costs Rs 20.8 lakhs on road. In my case though the maths to put additional money was not making sense hence i was contemplating the Astor CVT. We found the drive of CVT to be very boring and hence tried the Virtus.
M.Dua is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2024, 17:08   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
You are not alone. Several people at my workplace have rejected these fantastic cars for the same reasons.

I wonder what stops VW/Skoda from making interiors that look acceptable - perhaps L&K trim with leatherette clad dashboard, glovbox-lid and some other touchpoints. Learn from what Jeep did with Compass.
Some change of plans for me, wife drove the Astor CVT and did not like it, pushed (read faught) very hard for her to test drive before she decided. She liked the Virtus drive better, also explained her the better mileage and better suspension setup. The badging is premium and also the discounts are sweet.

I am going to try the Slavia soon, a friend owns one and i found the interior to be better than Virtus. I am in a tough spot as i like the exterior look of Virtus better and interior look of Slavia better.

With the discounts on offer i am curious that a price cut might be up on cards for Virtus also very soon. That will reduce the registration charges and insurance costs as well.
Old 16th April 2024, 18:14   #15
agm
BHPian

Quote:
Went to see the Virtus over the weekend, was immediately offered 1.35 lakh off on the topline 1.0 variant and 0.85 lakh off on the GT variant.
Hey can you please give us more details on this? I have booked Virtus GT plus 1.5 DSG and awaiting delivery. Have not got any discounts, other than them slashing the insurance price to literally half.

They dont have any MY23(not that I would’ve gone with that) nor any MY24 in white in their inventory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks