Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2004, 02:05   #1

Why FIAT is not adding Petra on their web site?

What could be the reason? Earlier I was thinking that they are waiting for Diesel Petra to roll out but even after it is launched, no sign of Petra on their web site.

I don’t think they are waiting for a clearance from Italy. Cost ?It would cost far less than a single newspaper advertisement. Are the afraid that once on the web site there will be a sudden demand (?) that they won’t be able to handle?

Or is it that they are about to introduce a new look Petra or *a different mid sizer ? (which means current Petra is only to get rid of old Siena inventory).

What do you think?

Babalipk
Old 26th October 2004, 02:49   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

well they are going to launch a newer facelifted petra sometime in 2005 but the reason for not promoting it on their website is mysterious.........
Old 26th October 2004, 15:10   #3
BHPian

I had a thought that Petra at its current price is not very profitable for Fiat, but they are selling it anyway to keep the inventory down, keep the factories running and have a presence in that market segment while they figure things out. My guess would be that they would keep Petra for somemore time but would introduce a car in the premium segment with a lot of fanfare soon to regain market confidence and then slowly start revising the price of Petra upwards.
Thus they do not want more Petras to be sold than the minimum numbers that keep coming off the assembly line.
Old 26th October 2004, 15:35   #4
Team-BHP Support

Do a google on Fiat Albea and you will see why!
Old 27th October 2004, 01:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Maybe cuz some oversmart guy in the company told the management that Indians don't use the Internet to do research on the car's they plan to buy, so no point bothering about the internet.
hmmmmmmmm...come to think about it, that line of thought isn't far from the truth, isn't it?
Old 27th October 2004, 07:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

And bout Fiat,i guess they have just started advertising in the newspapers recently.So its goin to take some time before they find their way on the internet.But its really unprofessional on thier part of not publicising this car on their website.It might help quite a few and would definately get them some potential buyers in the market.They should follow-up on thier website more often.

X
Old 27th October 2004, 07:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Oct. 26 2004,23:44)]Maybe cuz some oversmart guy in the company told the management that Indians don't use the Internet to do research on the car's they plan to buy, so no point bothering about the internet.
hmmmmmmmm...come to think about it, that line of thought isn't far from the truth, isn't it?
I partly agree with you on this Amit.They are a few serious buyers who definately do their review search on the car they purchase.They want to know each and every minor bit of information bout it.
But if u talkin bout a lay man with no access to the internet in the 21st century,i agree with u on this.
And come to think bout it,Internet it the only sensible education we got.Aint we???
Just my thought.

X
Old 27th October 2004, 10:14   #8
Team-BHP Support

on the other hanf, Ford already has teasers of the Fusion on its website
Old 27th October 2004, 11:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

fiat albea looks just like sienna/petra.
i read somewhere that fiat is planning to introduce albea sometime next year. my guess is, petra is just a stop-gap arrangement that they r planning to do b4 pumping in albea in india, so there is no petra on their website.
Old 28th October 2004, 01:58   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]fiat albea looks just like sienna/petra.
i read somewhere that fiat is planning to introduce albea sometime next year. my guess is, petra is just a stop-gap arrangement that they r planning to do b4 pumping in albea in india, so there is no petra on their website.
From what i Know, Albea is the Siena/Petra! how many re-badging's are fiat gonna do of the same car?!?!
Old 28th October 2004, 12:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (amit @ Oct. 28 2004,00:28)]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]fiat albea looks just like sienna/petra.
From what i Know, Albea is the Siena/Petra! how many re-badging's are fiat gonna do of the same car?!?!
yes. i probed further and found that albea is produced only in countries like polland and turkey. i also learnt that it is essentially the sienna which is rebadged. this again brings one question: why did fiat not introduce albea in india when they saw that sienna/petra/whatever didn't make any impact? instead of calling sienna petra, they shud have called it albea.
Old 28th October 2004, 14:36   #12
Team-BHP Support

Actually, they plan to relaunch as the Fiat wotsmyname
Old 29th October 2004, 04:48   #13
BHPian

I also think the same. FIAT is in a mess as on today and they are just buying some time while they are on their so called restructuring program. But at the same time they can not keep the factory closed so now dumping the old Siena stock (under different name ) at a throw away price.

FIAT has nothing much to offer in 3 box mid sizer at present than Siena platform. And I doubt how long they will continue with this rebadging game. This (Petra) will continue for another six months or so and then after they will concentrate only on B/B+ segment with (face lifted) Palio and new introductions such as Panda and Idea.

Vipul
Old 29th October 2004, 11:38   #14
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Its just another example of a company thats used to living in yesterday. The Internet is beyond a necessity now. Its more than that!!

Silly Italian incumbents. I can only imagine how the engineers must be fuming at the marketing/mgmt for not managing to get the recognition these cars deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]

Actually, they plan to relaunch as the Fiat wotsmyname
Old 29th October 2004, 14:47   #15
BHPian

Along with HM, FIat is one of the oldest auto companies in india. I'm sure a LOT of dinasaurs are still not extinct in there..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks