Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2007, 12:27   #1
BHPian

the interiors do matter

First class seating even in some coach cars

By Carol Traeger
The real reason air travelers prefer first class over coach isn’t the free cocktails, attentive service, superior food or unlimited movies. It’s the seats. Sitting with our legs out-stretched versus pressed into our chins can mean the difference between arriving at our destination happy and relaxed or grumpy and disheveled.The same holds true for car travel. No matter how great a car looks on the outside, if the seats aren’t comfortable, we’re not going to be happy with that vehicle for long.

full article here : Lou Ann Hammond on carlist.com - Lou Ann Hammond provides timely poignant insight for MSNBC, CNBC and WABC radio on advanced alternative energy technologies specifically hybrid, hydrogen fuel cells, bio and synthetic fuels related to automotive and t
Old 6th September 2007, 12:48   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

That could explain the popularity of cars like the Indigo, Logan and NHC. At the price, they are very comfortable cars to be in.

On the other hand, my major grouse with the Vtec is its unsupportive seats. 3 years of driving and I still cant find the perfect driving position.
Old 6th September 2007, 12:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That could explain the popularity of cars like the Indigo, Logan and NHC. At the price, they are very comfortable cars to be in.

On the other hand, my major grouse with the Vtec is its unsupportive seats. 3 years of driving and I still cant find the perfect driving position.

not sure whether in India ppl are buying the above cars purely for the rear legroom....indigo and logan defenetly for the price and mileage, NHC for the brand...

bcos, the failure cars like U/VA, GETZ with good rear room seems to make me think so......

wonder how many INDIGO XLs , TATA is selling ( i think its rear space even MATCHES a ECLASS )

were u referring to the OHC VTEC ?.....i dont think u will find a good seating postition in another 3 years !!!
Old 6th September 2007, 12:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

One of the biggest shortcoming of WagonR - the car i drive most. Even my 800 has better seats than it!

Last edited by DCEite : 6th September 2007 at 12:57.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
One of the biggest shortcoming of WagonR - the car i drive most. Even my 800 has better seats than it!
I heartily second you on that DCEite. Isn't it shocking how makers seem to not notice such flaws?! The WagonR seats offer no lateral support at all, and lumbar support is also practically missing - even in the so called 'new' WagonR. And now the time has come to retire the blessed car. Soon to be superceded.
Old 6th September 2007, 13:32   #6
BHPian

and how it is no exaggeration to say that back seat travel in a petrol ambassador would be a most comfortable proposition! i find the palio and indica seats to be extremely comfortable as well.
Old 6th September 2007, 14:42   #7
Team-BHP Support

I actually find my Wagon R seats very comfy.

Love the fact that I dont have to drop myself into the seats, like in most sedans.

Its the easiest car to get in and out off.
Thats a statement from my Uncle who is over 75 years old and drove quite a lot of cars in his heydays.

Please note that my seat is usually pushed all the way back with slightly more incline than most people would use.

Only grouse, would have liked the seat a lil longer under my thighs.
This is felt only when I am in a traffic jam.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:00   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Huh???

I compared Indica and WagonR before settling on WagonR. I was evenly decided about seating comfort at the time of actual purchase, but in last few days, had to use both cars, often on same day (granted, all indicas were actually indicabs), and I am certain that the back seat on WagonR is more comfy than all Indicas; and you get a good view of the road ahead on the WagonR. In the indica, you are staring at the rear of the front seats' head rest.
Not sure how other cars compare.
Old 6th September 2007, 16:09   #9
Senior - BHPian

Whenever I sit in the rear seat of a Indica and read something, at the end of the journey I feel awful. Some sort of disorientation I guess with the wobbling around.
Old 6th September 2007, 23:28   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Whenever I sit in the rear seat of a Indica and read something, at the end of the journey I feel awful. Some sort of disorientation I guess with the wobbling around.
the disorientation could well be because of the reading while in motion. Your eyes constantly need to readjust to the varying focal lengths. Lots of people are very sensitive to this and it causes them nausea and general disorientation.

or, of course, it could just be the indica.
Old 7th September 2007, 10:09   #11
Team-BHP Support

srishiva, ideally you shouldnt be reading in a moving vehicle. Among the things i learnt while in school.

In practical experience, faced similar problems when i involved in some last minute cramming before an exam while travelling in my school bus.
Old 7th September 2007, 12:04   #12
BHPian

WagonR seats SUCK!! My BIL's car have the wooden beads thingie on it, and that one makes it worse.

Even I am not exactly happy about the leather seats of the Fiesta. Can't point out what is wrong, but I feel a bit uncomfy in it settling in. But feels kind of OK after settling in. It takes moving the butt around a bit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks