Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Vectra v/s Camry v/s Mondeo - Which car rules!
Opel Vectra 16 29.09%
Toyota Camry 11 20.00%
Ford Mondeo 28 50.91%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2004, 03:50   #1
Senior - BHPian

Well,here it is.Three of the most under-rated cars on Indian roads.All three had something good about them,but somehow never got the required credit they deserve.

Opel Vectra,despite being a perfomance machine and sturdiness to match the looks it was signed off due to its high pricing,low FE,and the tag it carries along,Opel.

Toyota Camry had the performance and the comfort,the luxury feel in its favour.But was royally messed up on the looks and ofcourse the pricing.Toyota got it all wrong after the much appreciated Corolla.

Ford Mondeo,a true performance car with the built that can put many to shame.Those sharp xenon headlamps indicating the arrival of a panther on the street.But the pricing,the FE was not in Ford`s favour this time around.

So keeping in mind ur daily drive,ur maintanence cost and ur performance requirement,if u have to zero-in on one car amongst the above three which one would you pick and why.

X
Old 30th September 2004, 04:18   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is accord left out? Probably because it will win by a big difference eh?
Old 30th September 2004, 04:28   #3
BHPian

i was going to ask the question with the same rhetorical remark

but out of these.none..i hate the camary, vectra is alright and modeo isnt that exciting..
Old 30th September 2004, 04:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

I did not include Accord cos its not under-rated in any regards.

And moreover it wud`ve definately killed the competition.

X
Old 30th September 2004, 08:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

Ford Mondeo for me. I've heard stories about how expensive it is to maintain, but, atleast it's a known devil. Hardly anyone has bought the other too as personal vehicles for us to receive reliable feedback. The Mondeo also looks good and is the best to drive.
Finally, it's beaten by the new Honda Accord.

Old 30th September 2004, 08:46   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (_Crazi4Speed_ @ Sep. 30 2004,02:58)]

but out of these.none..i hate the camary, vectra is alright and modeo isnt that exciting..

Old 30th September 2004, 10:08   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mondeo isnt exciting? You guys should try driving it on a good winding road. The car is built around the driver, and is an awesome handler. Autocar reported it even beats the C Class in handling!!

I love the Mondeo, and the good thing is that it depreciates so fast that it makes for a steal at 7 lac rupees for a 2 year old example. Hey, didnt Grimreaper have a Mondeo? What are his experiences with the car?

GTO
Old 30th September 2004, 11:14   #8
BHPian

Hy guyz mondeo.. is a good 1 but .. theyy have stopped production of the mondeo ... i was at shakti ford day before as we planned to buy 1 ....so wanted to test drive it ...but they stopped .. well i guess we got camry as an option coz accord comes in only 4 colours acc. to the sales guy ....which is black ,white silver ,golden out of which white is the only option we prefer.... rest are out of the question ..but white will b delivered after 3.1/2 months.. so wemight go fer the camry ..so my personal choice camry
Old 30th September 2004, 11:42   #9

I reckon out of the options given above i will go in for the camry ... its not a bad car at all ... its the best seller in its class in australia and certainly u can rely on toyota quality ... u can certainly reply on its brand name "TOYOTA" ... i hate ford cars ... they r just bulky on chasis and heavy on maintenance ..... had an ikon before ... i simply hate ford cars
Old 30th September 2004, 11:44   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Sep. 30 2004,02:20)]Toyota Camry had the performance and the comfort,the luxury feel in its favour.But was royally messed up on the looks and ofcourse the pricing.
C'mon the Camry is not a bad looker considering we have the Santro (that people simply love).

With the Camry, they did mess-up the rear end...

I'm going with the Vectra... make mine black. (though I couldn't offord one!)

- mvk

Old 30th September 2004, 12:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Its the Mondeo for me ......have driven it for a relatively short distance but what a ride !!!

awesome handling and good power with sexy looks and well built and great interiors ...what more cud one want ??

cheers
Old 30th September 2004, 12:47   #12
Senior - BHPian

I'll go for the Mondeo . The other two just dont appeal to the racer boy image . Its fast handles well and I love the engine revs. Sure its heavy on maintainance ( yeah the damn cd player as well) but that aside its a fantastic drivers car. A black Mondeo with those Xenons has awesome road presence.

Dippy
Old 30th September 2004, 13:16   #13
BHPian

Mondeo for me. The true driver's car in this segment.
I like the vectra too.
Old 30th September 2004, 13:19   #14
Team-BHP Support

I'll take the Vectra over the Mondeo.

Yes, I know the Mondeo is supposed to be the drivers car of this group, but the Vetcra is not too far behind according to reports. Plus, I'm sure the build quality of the Vectra is much better than the Mondeo. I've heard of way too many problems with the Mondeo.

The Vectra looks way better too, and is a bit more exclusive. I can't stand that camry, its not even a consideration for me.

BTW, has anyone ever seen a Vectra in the used car market? I know I haven't, but I was wondering how much it would go for.

Rt
Old 30th September 2004, 13:32   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

its the mondeo for me.
preferebly pre-owned.
hopefully i will has a job where i get free petro - not that the FE is bad its just avg but durin racin it may be a bit bad.
i just love its looks, solid build , engine , handling etc.... ( i can go on about its pros)
hopefully ford will localise the new mondeo to make it cheaper - both spares and new car price
ford should launch the hatchback version of the mondeo for around 13-14 laks.
it will kell its competition.
the could continue with the sedan also but no estate...
oh yeah - no forgetting the st220

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks