Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2004, 02:10   #1

Hi Guys,

Just wanted some feedback from all you guys who own Ikons, Accents, Petras/ Sienas, Corsas, Esteems and Indigos on the average amounts spent on Maintenance (Lubes, parts, general servicing etc.), what sort of mileage do you get in city riding? etc.

Any other issues one should be aware of when going in for any of the above models.

The reason being I had decided on going in for the Ford ikon Anniversary model but heard a lot of negative feedback from exisiting customers on the maintenance costs associated with Ford and the extremely bad after sales service especially here in Bangalore.

I have heard that the Accent GLE has very good VFM at its present price. The resale is also good as compared to the other C segment cars. Maintenance costs are low but mileage is not so hot...

Opinions anyone?

- Zazu
Old 20th November 2004, 02:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

the esteem wud have the lowest maintainenece costs along with the best FE figures.the engine is a gem but then its a decade old design.

the indigo is too crude to be included wity these cars.
the corsa has a good ride ,but its too cramped .
the petra 1.6 has a great engine ,it being the only one having DOHC and 100bhp ,and with fiats improving service it shud be good buy.
the accent crdi is the best.the 1.6 has abt 100bhp ,but seems like its horses are too weak compared to fiats 100 horses.

my choice among these cars is the ikon sxi.its a superb drivers car with its 1.6 engine.if FE is not an issue ,then its the car .
Old 20th November 2004, 14:21   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey zazuza

i own a ford ikon1.6 sxi for the past 2 years abd am getting an FE of 11.5 - 12 KMPL ( 60% highway-40%city , ac on full time) and the maintainence - havent spent a penny other than the regular servicing. i actually dont remember the amount spent but change of brake pads in the last servicing cost me 2500 i think !!

so u can assume an avg of 10 KMPL city driving - and if u enjoy driving go for ikon ..

only one point of concern - i find the braking poor , dunno whether they have improved the brakes in thge nxt versions..check those out !!

cheers
Old 20th November 2004, 15:07   #4
bhp
BHPian

i am also using a ford ikon since past 2 years now but i think the maintainence is more than other cars in its class .
Old 20th November 2004, 17:24   #5
Senior - BHPian

How much does a reguler service cost for an Ikon 1.6?

Shan2nu

Most Viewed