Team-BHP - Flair v LXi v IndigoGLS v Corsa 1.4GSi v Petra1.6
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Flair v LXi v IndigoGLS v Corsa 1.4GSi v Petra1.6 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/2895-flair-v-lxi-v-indigogls-v-corsa-1-4gsi-v-petra1-6-a-3.html)

Just go for petra best VFM and solid car.

well guys
looks like fiat is finally trying to make us aware of their petras presence but onlythe diesel,
im sure many of us have seen their ads on the tv.
the sad part is that even though they have realised the need for ads , their ads do not focus on the strong points of the car...
also having a petrol car ad will not hurt too much also..
they could show a person racing the petra on mountain roads with all the cars occupants in perfect comfort and not even feeling the speeds ....
as for their showrooms.
i have visited 3 but apart from the gloominess of the showrooms, the staff seemed knowledgeable except for one - fortpoint - where the person actually had the nerve to start promoting the corsa and talking crap about the siena/petra .

I like Flair as it is so driver friendly and responsive.I think it is the best VFM in this segement.I do not think a bigger engined Accent GLE worth even if it is priced equal to Flair, as i test rode both and i felt Flair more responsive and quick, even though the power difference on paper.(70 bhp vs 94 bhp).i took them on rough roads, kuccha roads and i found ikon better to ride and handle.Interiors of Ikon are also better, and the anniversary edition has only added to the VFM

while test driving the viva also, i found the space in the back as less as in the palio..
this was with my dad in fromt who is 6.1 .
even the palio was tewsted the same way and it felt samwe..
man unfortuneatly hundreds of inocent people are going o get an accent as it was the same price and looks more elegant..
i wish they test drove the car before buying one ..
sad but true

i would definetly pick the esteem for its superb performance and amruti network.. after takin the esteem lxi i would add a tc and wider ruber wid alloys on low profile tires.. the esteem will cum in vtec league then.. its a car which goes 100 in 2nd gear which even the city vtec was not capable on doin and in 3rd it goes all the way upto 160 kmph.. u can juss hear the engine purr wen u floor the pedal to the metal the car rocks in performance and is the fastest C segmenter in the above catogery in one of overdrives tests.. only prob wid the esteem is tat its chassy is but outdated but un flat out acc its even faster than a baleno..:cool:

Maruti Esteem Vxi 0-100-0 time: 16.91 secs 0-100-0 distance: 273.28m 9

The lightest of the 17 cars we tested for 0-100kmph-0 has an impressive power to weight ratio of 96bhp/ton even though it boasts of an engine with the smallest displacement of the lot. The other problem areas for the Esteem, especially when it is a test of straightline speed and braking power comes in the form of spindly tyres as well as the small diameter discs and drums.

MARUTI ESTEEM Vxi
Engine type : 4-cyl in-line SOHC
Displacement : 1298cc
Max power : 84bhp@6000rpm
Max torque : 105Nm@3000rpm
Power to weight : 96bhp/ton
Brakes (F/R) : 194mmDisc/200mmDrum
Tyres : 155/80 R13
Wheels : Steel
Kerb weight : 875 kg

The new Esteem Vxi that we tested got to 100kmph in 12.27secs, the 6th fastest time. But poor brakes combined with the thin tyres lead to one of the slowest braking times, with only the Accent taking a longer time (just 0.08secs more) to stop. The distance which the Esteem travels before coming to a standstill though is the longest at 64.07m with the Accent coming to a stop nearly a metre before. No wonder car rallyists crib about the Esteem's brakes.

why is the base baleno not included .
when it cums to advising others most of us including myself always vote for the petra.but frankly how many of us do actually have a petra.the ans will be very less.
dont get me wrong guys,but when it cums to spending my savings on a car i will definitely never spend it on the petra ,not because i doubt the car ,but its because of the Fiat name.
if the above budget cud be stretched a little to maybe 6.5 lacs,i will vote for the baleno.
and among these cars if i have to buy,it will be the hyundai accent marginally over the esteem ,as i dont have any other option.

unfortuneatly speedsatya
i too agree with u but the only reason i wont buy it is because unless i have a license and can drive legally it would make no sense giving such a good car to my drivers
same with my palio which is rarely used and that too to get vegetables and take the dog to the vet
besides
im slowly changing to economical cars except perhaps one which will be owner i.e me driven

cheers
lambo

Quote:

Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]why is the base baleno not included .

Speedy, the Baleno was not included simply because it doesn't come in the 4.75-5.5 lakh entry level band like the others. Atleast it was so when the poll came out. Even today, the car is available for 5.68 lakhs and nearly 6.05 on-road Mumbai (give or take a few thousand here and there).

The 1.6 Zxi/EXi wasn't included because the prices werent exactly reduced when the poll came into the picture as well. There has been no deliberate attempt to exclude any cars. The criterion here is only the price-band. Not engine capacity or performance or space.

Revvmaster

guys,

with 70% of the vote here - the fiat petra wins outrite... but i wud like to know how many people out of those who voted for the petra , own a petra ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
when it cums to advising others most of us including myself always vote for the petra.but frankly how many of us do actually have a petra.the ans will be very less.
dont get me wrong guys,but when it cums to spending my savings on a car i will definitely never spend it on the petra ,not because i doubt the car ,but its because of the Fiat name.

hey NC,
i agree with u.

Well,

I can vouch on the fact that if I need a 5 lac car today...I will certainly pick up the Petra. And Team-BHPs love for this car has led to a lot of people purchasing it too.

GTO

i m jst too late

but i completly agree with satya and nc , how many people who voted for te petra wud actually buy one considering its resale !

and gto maybe one doesn't mind things going haywire for a couple of days in a year ( cud happen with just abt any car ) , but the resale of the petra is gonna keep you thinking all the remainin days in the year too , so what s the point ?

and the accent gle used to be there way back in 2000 , does not have any extra features over the gvs like someone on the previous pages said ( cnt remember who ) infact it doesnt have anything , it just comes with a power steering and an ac as features no pw , cl , etc and fog lamps arent there in any of the two models !

my pic would be maybe the esteem or the indigo and if the baleno lxi was here there d be no need to think !

manson .

[font=Times New Roman][size=4]i too agree with nc when it comes to advising everyone here advises for the petra and i wonder if even 1 of us have a petra[/size][/font]

Quote:

and gto maybe one doesn't mind things going haywire for a couple of days in a year ( cud happen with just abt any car ) , but the resale of the petra is gonna keep you thinking all the remainin days in the year too , so what s the point ?
Manson, I use each and everyone of my cars till they fall apart. Previous averages have been until the 2,00,000 km mark, but now with modern designs...this may well go up. As such, I couldnt care less about resale value.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy
guys,

with 70% of the vote here - the fiat petra wins outrite... but i wud like to know how many people out of those who voted for the petra , own a petra ?

NC,

I own one , Count me in!!!