Team-BHP - German Mag "AutoBild" all set to hit India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   German Mag "AutoBild" all set to hit India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29695-german-mag-autobild-all-set-hit-india.html)

Didnt want to break the news before things went out official in the media

Read
German auto magazine, Auto Bild, to make its debut in India

agencyfaqs! > news & features > ‘India Today’ to drive ‘Auto Bild’ to India

They might see Auto Expo 2008 as a good platform to come out.

Thats good news. Hopefully, they wouldn't get into the '35kmpl from XYZ car' kind of articles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 586238)
Thats good news. Hopefully, they wouldn't get into the '35kmpl from XYZ car' kind of articles.

lol: and we would have viable alternatives to (IMHO) biased Indian car mags... But I hope they concentrate on the Indian scene more than the international one.

@ Bunny : Do you have anything to do with Auto Bild? I do remember you posting somewhere that you are working on a new mag. If so, congratulations!

GTO: Nah.. Im working with an upcoming motorcycling portal :)
b/w , AutoBild may just be only a car mag (they do not have 2wheeler stories abroad..)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 586238)

Thats what i thought when i heard top gear was coming:Frustrati .

One more to choose from. Good.

India today is behind them. Naaah! I've lost hope.

How very interesting.

Is this a good magazine, internationally? I mean would any of you have spent 200 bucks and bought it yet? Irags? Rtech?

Hope they adapt some local flavor like Autocar and not stick to just international news like Top Gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 588045)
How very interesting.

Is this a good magazine, internationally? I mean would any of you have spent 200 bucks and bought it yet? Irags? Rtech?

It's a good mag Sam but it's only published in German & since I can't read German, I've never bought one :p

Problem is that even good magazines, when launched in India get tainted due to politics & sponsorship/advertising issues. The journos thus start making compromises on their reviews & this is not an isolated case in our market but more or less the norm, only the degrees vary from one publishing to the other.

For eg. I quite like Autocar UK & enjoy reading it as they are quite good with their scoops & other events like 0-100-0 challenge. But the same standard does not get translated to Autocar India. Mind you though, even Autocar UK has had it's fair share of controversies regarding favouritism in the past.

So in closing for this mag, I would like to see who they appoint as their editors/columnists & read a couple of issues atleast before taking a call. But one hurdle is that this mag does not have any brand awareness in India, even among the enthusiasts, so would need some good marketing effort from the India Today group.

P.S. No good international auto mag costs Rs. 200 nowadays! Cheapest is Car & Driver at Rs. 405!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 588058)
Hope they adapt some local flavor like Autocar and not stick to just international news like Top Gear.

I also have the same concern !

I dunno if I'm the only one here; I like Topgear better than some other mags.
I would be very happy to see this new one (Autobuild/bild whatsoever) follow the same way too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 588128)
P.S. No good international auto mag costs Rs. 200 nowadays! Cheapest is Car & Driver at Rs. 405!

And you go and buy them?? Hey wait a minute! Who is supposed to be thefreak around here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefreak (Post 588820)
And you go and buy them?? Hey wait a minute! Who is supposed to be thefreak around here?

Hehehehehehe having a simple username does not mean one is not a freak! And like I said that is the cheapest one available!!