Team-BHP - New Tata Indica this Diwali? EDIT : Turbo with ABS + Airbags in select showrooms
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Tata Indica this Diwali? EDIT : Turbo with ABS + Airbags in select showrooms (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/29933-new-tata-indica-diwali-edit-turbo-abs-airbags-select-showrooms.html)

Tatas launching the New Indica this Diwali, according this report.
Now will this be the next gen Indica or an upgrade of the present one?
It also says about the new Sumo.

source: Roll out rush this Diwali- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

@mods: Please move the post appropriate thread if it didn't warrant an thread of its own.

Ya there is a chance I think the new Sumo will be here(heard it was called the Sumo Pheonix inside Tata). I doubt the Indica bit though, unless they launch yet another variant right now to keep it's model fresh.

Maybe it'll be the Dicor version. If anyone has more information please post.

oh no!! please dont bring All New Indica this Diwali.. my new Indica is coming on monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 592479)
Tatas launching the New Indica this Diwali, according this report.
Now will this be the next gen Indica or an upgrade of the present one?
It also says about the new Sumo.

source: Roll out rush this Diwali- Auto-Specials-The Economic Times

@mods: Please move the post appropriate thread if it didn't warrant an thread of its own.

Yes, this is a rumor. I am not sure. I guess TATA may launch new models as they see bad sales figures for long time now. New launch will help them better. Some people say, wait and watch this Diwali, its raining. :D

i read in autocar that i will be 2 qtr 2008 only. they are still working on their dicor engine. will take time.

Dont worry, perhaps they will only take the bookings, the "New Safari" is yet to see the lights of the road even after a week of launch.

So going by this example, the "new others" might take some time too, to come to their owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 592655)
oh no!! please dont bring All New Indica this Diwali.. my new Indica is coming on monday.

I doubt they might release an all-new product; variants yes. There just isnt the necessary time for a large-scale PR campaign blitz required for a new product launch before Diwali

Its definitely not the all new Indica...that chassis is atleast a year away. This could be the DICOR version.

Quote:

If I remember your thread correctly, didnt you decide on a Swift?

Chances are good that Indica may come out with a variant, in all probabilities the NA and the Dicor version of engines this Diwalu. They need something to boost up the volumes of their bread and butter car.

The way I was told a few days back Tatas are planning to spoil people for choices. Indica, once all its variants and models are launched, will have a wide set of specs to choose from. They do not plan to take any of the variants off the market as yet.

So you already have the Indica Xetas in two flavors. Indica NA in two flavors and then the turbos in two flavors. Tatas plan to upgrade the NA Indica with a 1.5L engine to tackle the power issue. They also plan to have a Dicor Indica. Later the bigger Indica (codename X1) will also make its appearance. This will sport the Fiat 1.3MJD engine.

Wide set of specs to choose from, and something you do not have in any other car in India. Two different petrol engines, NA engines, Turbo engine, Turbo with Intercooler engine, two flavors of Common Rail engines. Whew! Thats a lot of options Tata.

About the diwali launch I think the higher volume NA engine will make its appearance. At max the Dicor may also take a bow and make its entry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 592845)

If I remember your thread correctly, didnt you decide on a Swift?

yes, it was swift, but my family felt Indica's rear seat is more comfy than Swift. and we are got GLX 1.4 in only 3.51 lakhs on road. we went to tata showroom booked an Indigo, next day again we booked Indica Turbo DLX insted of Indigo. again next day we canceled turbo indica and booked GLX xeta. and forth day was last day of discount, then we decided to go for indigo.. but after sometime suddenly we changed our mind and choosed Indica GLX 1.4, now finally it is coming in monday.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo (Post 592897)
Chances are good that Indica may come out with a variant, in all probabilities the NA and the Dicor version of engines this Diwalu. They need something to boost up the volumes of their bread and butter car.

The way I was told a few days back Tatas are planning to spoil people for choices. Indica, once all its variants and models are launched, will have a wide set of specs to choose from. They do not plan to take any of the variants off the market as yet.

So you already have the Indica Xetas in two flavors. Indica NA in two flavors and then the turbos in two flavors. Tatas plan to upgrade the NA Indica with a 1.5L engine to tackle the power issue. They also plan to have a Dicor Indica. Later the bigger Indica (codename X1) will also make its appearance. This will sport the Fiat 1.3MJD engine.

Wide set of specs to choose from, and something you do not have in any other car in India. Two different petrol engines, NA engines, Turbo engine, Turbo with Intercooler engine, two flavors of Common Rail engines. Whew! Thats a lot of options Tata.

About the diwali launch I think the higher volume NA engine will make its appearance. At max the Dicor may also take a bow and make its entry.

All this sounds great but what about QC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 593075)
yes, it was swift, but my family felt Indica's rear seat is more comfy than Swift. and we are got GLX 1.4 in only 3.51 lakhs on road. we went to tata showroom booked an Indigo, next day again we booked Indica Turbo DLX insted of Indigo. again next day we canceled turbo indica and booked GLX xeta. and forth day was last day of discount, then we decided to go for indigo.. but after sometime suddenly we changed our mind and choosed Indica GLX 1.4, now finally it is coming in monday.lol:

I read in the newspapers that a sales executive who worked for the dealership you booked your car in committed suicide.

Quote:

Agreed. The Indigo is available with what? 4 engine choices! Two petrols and two diesels.

Most probably.. i think its gonna be the DICOR version.. i remember seeing some pics of an Indica with a DICOR badge on the side (same place where the swift has the DDIS one).

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 593161)
Agreed. The Indigo is available with what? 4 engine choices! Two petrols and two diesels.

Doesnt it have 3 Diesel options:
- Non Turbo
- TDI
- Dicor

:confused: