Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2007, 16:47   #31
Ram
Senior - BHPian

A picnic in the mountain wilds

Besides chilled drinking water and a refrigerator, this Cielo coupe has a cute little picnic table, and a micro pantry with a hot plate to cook a quick meal for the outdoorsman and his outdoorswoman.

Ram
Old 18th October 2007, 17:04   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
With all due respect, I would call him the "Xzibit of India" rather than "Caroll Shelby".
This guy is just pimping the ride .
I agree....this car in particular looks like it has `officially been pimped`.
Old 18th October 2007, 18:17   #33

This is a fantastic mod!! Seriously speaking!! I don't understand how people can put halogens and neons and add those lil itsy bitsy things thinking their lancers become evo's in the process!! THAT is pimpin ur ride!! This aint!!
Old 18th October 2007, 18:21   #34
Senior - BHPian

I would love to know what trips have been made in this car. Particularly if he has done the Leh trip already.
And if there are some photos or triplogs, that would be even better.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:40   #35
BHPian

Hello!

please ,please boys ,stop critisizing an auto buff who is doing what he loves to do .
its his car, his passion, his love, his money and his tastes/ideas. please dont critisize him by sitting on the pc and doing nothing otherthan nagging!
thats the reason we dont have access to people like randive . if those kinds are not respected for what they are doing , we will end up buying so called power chips , so called performance filters and so called performance lamps to boast auto buff image.
in fact we should support him in every possible way, learn as many possible things from him< am sure there are more than thousend things to learn from>and help him get recognisation what he deserves !!<am sorry , i forgot , he is already respected by the international auto giants for his knoledge and contribution towards the auto field, but poor randive , he has yet to impress the most talented auto wizards on the planet-team bhpians!!!>>>>
please he is an engg and not any so called tuner who doesnot understand the abc of engg and u pay him thousends of rupees to fool u!
AT LEAST RESPECT HIM IF U CANT UNDERSTAND HIM .

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 24th October 2007 at 08:45.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:52   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well said Turbosam!
In fact, I am waiting for him to join TBHP, as indicated earlier.
Meanwhile I really wanted to know what trips have been done in this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
I would love to know what trips have been made in this car. Particularly if he has done the Leh trip already.
And if there are some photos or triplogs, that would be even better.
Old 24th October 2007, 08:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOSAM View Post
please ,please boys ,stop critisizing an auto buff who is doing what he loves to do .
its his car, his passion, his love, his money and his tastes/ideas. please dont critisize him by sitting on the pc and doing nothing otherthan nagging!
thats the reason we dont have access to people like randive . if those kinds are not respected for what they are doing , we will end up buying so called power chips , so called performance filters and so called performance lamps to boast auto buff image.
in fact we should support him in every possible way, learn as many possible things from him< am sure there are more than thousend things to learn from>and help him get recognisation what he deserves !!<am sorry , i forgot , he is already respected by the international auto giants for his knoledge and contribution towards the auto field, but poor randive , he has yet to impress the most talented auto wizards on the planet-team bhpians!!!>>>>
please he is an engg and not any so called tuner who doesnot understand the abc of engg and u pay him thousends of rupees to fool u!
AT LEAST RESPECT HIM IF U CANT UNDERSTAND HIM .
I second that wholeheartedly!! People like Randive deserve a LOT more respect. They have true knowledge. OEM simply does'nt tell any tom, dick or harry to install superchargers (& carry a warranty) unless they know the man & have researched his background. That in itself is an achievement.
Old 24th October 2007, 16:11   #38

No offense but Carol Shelby made a really gorgeous looking vehicle (called the GT500).
rghai6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2007, 21:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghai6 View Post
No offense but Carol Shelby made a really gorgeous looking vehicle (called the GT500).
He had a Gorgeous base vehicle (called the Mustang)
1100D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2007, 23:51   #40

India's Carol Shelby

More info on India's Carol Shelby..Put it as bullets, read on.
  • Rajeev Ranadive owns and runs AUTOMOTIVE ROBOTICS ( INDIA).
  • This is the INDIAN arm of Automotive Robotics (USA ). WOW !! Immediately I see some guys sit up cause of the magic word USA. So much for patriotism.
  • Rajeev spent a good number of years at GM in Phoren countries
  • He has fixed a ROTREX supercharger from Denmark in the SRV.
  • Performance is up 25 %. Intentionally kept @ this level so the general Aam-Admi can drive in regular traffic.
  • The SRV project is one off but he is developing DIY kits of this type for other Indian vehicles.
  • His company is investing US $ 3- million and is spread over 5 acres in Pune.
  • It is fully equipped with Dyno ( Yes a Dyno) and other critical testing equipment.
  • To quote Ranadive " Building niche cars, performance wise or configuration wise is my dream "
  • One of his dreams fructified as the Cielo 2 Seater.
  • More on this look up Automotive Products Finder - APF April 2007 issue.
  • Finally to sum up ... Why at Team - Bhp do we have an inherent ridiculing and sarcasm from some members ? Has it got anything to do with their inadequecies that they question and pass unworthy comments on good work. please do remember "With age comes wisdom and wisdom comes only when you are well read " - OSHO.
  • Remember your post counts but let it not be for the sake of COUNT.
  • So lets raise a toast to those geniuses out there and try to emulate them.
Old 26th October 2007, 14:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ turbosam - The post that i made in this thread was completely based on seeing the pics posted here and to Me that looked like a pimped (for lack of a better word) out car not an engineering marvel.!
Read my post again.....

Quote:
I agree....this car in particular looks like it has `officially been pimped`.
@Godspeed - I have never heard of Mr.Ranadive before so i just `commented` about the work done on this particular car....thanks for enlightning us with these facts.
Now please guide to me some other thread where i can peacefully increase my post count.! (oooopps is that sarcasm ?)

Cheers

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 26th October 2007 at 15:02.
Old 26th October 2007, 17:38   #42
Team-BHP Support

Check out the following links:

Swift Supercharged

automotive-robotics.com
Old 7th November 2007, 19:14   #43
BHPian

some added info!!

kind attn FAITHLESS 1984
in autumn of 1961carrol chelby approched AC cars of great briton with the idea of fitting the ford 4.2 litre ford v8 engine into their lithe and handsome light alloy sports car by 1962 AC cars built the prototypes and then dispatched 100 cars for completion .the range was 4261/4727/6997 cc engines producing 164/195/345/490 bhp no of cars built 979 units.models were known as ford cobra/shelby cobraand homolohated as shelby american cobras .so in short it was a little sports car with huge engines ...
engines from one us company fitted in to the chasis of another british small sports cars..
do u think its a sort of pimped or sort of things done by shelby himself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rghai6 View Post

Last edited by TURBOSAM : 7th November 2007 at 19:15.
Old 7th November 2007, 23:50   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
@-GS- : you are right. This black SRV was worked upon by Mr. Ranadive himself. I had met him at Pashankar auto in pune, but did not know that he is tuner/ manufacturer of this kinds.

I guess the 'performance upgrades' offered by GM on their cars ( it is somewhere else on the forum, i couldn't find the linky ) were to be done by Mr.Ranadive
this reminds me about mustang saleen rather than shelby cobra!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks