Team-BHP - New Civic
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Civic (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30276-new-civic.html)

Saw It in One Of the communities On Orkut that A New variant " J "

With electrically adjustable leather seating, sun roof, xenon lamps and fog lamps, 16" alloy wheels, AUX input and better stereo, traction control and cruise control

and also a 2.0 Ltr Engine Expected To be Launched At The Auto Expo

Any Confirmation About This News?:confused:

The Link To the Community Post on orkut is http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?c...115511&start=1

Quote:

Not sure how realible the source is but if they launch it, it'l change the way people look at the Civic.

And for all those who thought you'd be better off getting the Euro civic here (including myself) watch this - YouTube - Fifth Gear CTR JDM vs. EUDM

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 600503)
Saw It in One Of the communities On Orkut that A New variant " J "

With electrically adjustable leather seating, sun roof, xenon lamps and fog lamps, 16" alloy wheels, AUX input and better stereo, traction control and cruise control

Any Confirmation About This News?:confused:

The Link To the Community Post on orkut is http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?c...115511&start=1

my dream specs on a civic with my name alphabet on it wicked lol

Will be a really loaded Civic, if Honda does launch one. Havent read about it in any car magazine though. Well, I also hope that they sort out the suspension and the ride height problem. It will be like a cherry on the icing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 600503)

Wonder what would be the pricing on this one. May be RS competition!

I dont know why all the manufacturers go so skimpy on the equipment list and variants. so many things they dotn provide even as an option. Few things which actually may not make such a huge price difference, but definitely will be on wish list of many of us mortals.
1. Auto tranny with shifters like paddle shift / maual over ride- sonata( H Matic), laura( DSG), superb and Civic ( AT) only have this option. Heard that Captiva is coming with something like this.
2. Sunroof.
3. Mag/ alloys and upgrade / upsize.
4. Xenons (even with wash- skoda series)/ upgrade lamps with relays etc.
5. ICE- normal, mid range - high range with woofers etc.
6. LPG / CNG on petrol variants.
7. Rubber mats/ carpets, mud flaps etc.

I just hate taking car for after market fitments after taking the delivery/ after registration. Feels like just after marriage - taking the bride to a gynaec(ever tried getting fog lamps fitted by the local garage/ even head unit and speakers) . I would nt to let anyone else touch( and also put warranty at risk) her except may be her parents read factory and wishd the option list to chose from ( in my budget and not overly priced dealers stall prices).
Hope CIVIC comes with everything available pre-fitted on order / booking as an option. Based on Hyundai & GM( Chevvy) websites I can say that they are toying with this idea of enabling customers to order options online. Currently we have colors to choose from :) n the name of customisation and of course trims like fabric / leather etc.

It's very unlikely if honda will announce a new "J" version , it's been not long ago since honda have launched the "V" variant & if honda will announce "j" then it will cost around 2L more than current variant .

Hybrid Civic will be coming with the price tag of 19-20 Lakh, Petrol and Battery Operated. Once the battery gets exhausted it will automatically switch over to petrol and the battery will start charging.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyundai.Lover (Post 600856)
Hybrid Civic will be coming with the price tag of 19-20 Lakh, Petrol and Battery Operated. Once the battery gets exhausted it will automatically switch over to petrol and the battery will start charging.

Don't think it will be much of a success..

A person who will pay 20 lakh odd for a car would definitely want more power , better comfort. More Equipment.

For Me and People Who want the Above, its Thumbs Down

And Ya the battery wont charge automatically after shifting to petrol but will charge on braking.

Correct Me If I Am Wrong!

And ya Just Hope It Comes Up and Something happens to Honda and they install a turbocharger in it. An Rs Fighter Would Be Ready!

This sounds great! but the source is not reliable, so guys dont pin too much hope on this, especially the new engine!

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 601475)
Don't think it will be much of a success..

A person who will pay 20 lakh odd for a car would definitely want more power , better comfort. More Equipment.

For Me and People Who want the Above, its Thumbs Down

And Ya the battery wont charge automatically after shifting to petrol but will charge on braking.

Correct Me If I Am Wrong!

You are correct. The recharging occurs when you lift off the throttle, when you hit the brakes, or when cruising if the computer determines that the battery needs charging. Most of the electrical charge will be generated for the recharge while applying the brakes.

15 to 20 mph when cruising on a flat surface at a steady speed with a fully charged. lol i dont think so it is worth to buy it.

7 lakh extra. Let us take in terms of FE, spending 7 lakh just on petrol, how much a car can run? lol Dunno wht Honda is trying to do.
Price: 20 lakh

I dont belive on Orkut, I have experienced lot of fake post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88
And ya Just Hope It Comes Up and Something happens to Honda and they install a turbocharger in it. An Rs Fighter Would Be Ready!

Honda doesn;t need turbo charger to beat RS, as 2.0 K20 honda engine in stock form is good enough to beat RS in stock form (even after India detune).
This engine delivers upto 200BHP in stock tune with a decent FE.

Quote:

I dont belive on Orkut, I have experienced lot of fake post.
I agree, however it would be great if Honda reads this and decides to go with it. It will really change the way people look at Civic!!!
I would immediately go for an upgrade :D

Wont a Civic with all these variants eat into the Accord sales - after all the only difference after all these intros would just be the engine size - everything else would then be available on the Civic
For the chauffeur driven would it really matter if your car accelerates faster from 0-100 by say 1 second?
Unless the new accord next year really has some tricks up its sleeve - this could be honda cannibalizing the Accord