Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:41   #1
BHPian

Honda India gone nuts?

Honda to jazz up small-car market in India

22 Oct, 2007, 0215 hrs IST,Nandini Sen Gupta, TNN

NEW DELHI: It won’t just be Jazz music for Honda in India. Even as it readies to formally premiere the GeNext Jazz at the Tokyo Motor Show, the Japanese auto major is working on a brand new platform for a small car that will use India as the manufacturing hub.

The new platform will be for a global car like all Honda platforms but will be primarily sourced and manufactured out of India. This will be a first for Honda which has a handful of basic platforms worldwide from which it spins out new models.

full Rtickle here :

Honda to jazz up small-car market in India- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Old 22nd October 2007, 19:55   #2
BHPian

i guess we all know about this new platform instead of the Jazz, but whss up with this thread title ?
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

yes i dont get the title either..
i dont think honda is a fool
cause as a matter of fact each and evey car they have sold has been a best seller in its category
OHC NHC civic,accord and CRV are highest sold cars in their respective segments
this shows they are interested only in best sellers not just selling in sustainable numbers
so i am sure they are waitnig for the right car maybe they dont think the present jazz is suitable for india as its likely to be overpriced
hence they are waiting to get a car of rigth combination of price and quality that will be appreciated here

there are many companies which makes cars and sells them in descent numbers but honda is the only one in india that sell only the best sellers

infact HONDA is the only company that proved that indian D segment is also active(with its accord and CRV) where other car makers are lagging far behind(comparatively ofcourse)
Old 22nd October 2007, 23:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

kpbhatt, nice thread - but please title your threads in English, it makes it so much easier for us. Thanks.
Old 23rd October 2007, 00:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Although the title does not make sense in terms of how launching a brand new platform can be madness, but the title is in our national language and shouldn't be difficult for our countrymen to fathom.
Old 23rd October 2007, 01:04   #6
BHPian

Wicked title thread. Got me stunned for a minute. Thought Honda has declared some car scheme . Anyways, coming back to the topic. Honda's investment in India has really been something to appreciate. Even though they have launched a limited number of models in India, still all of them have been the best in their respective segments. And with the new visions set forward by Honda for India, I feel the fight of Eastern Automotive Giants to be the bag the title of the best in India will get even tougher.
Old 23rd October 2007, 03:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Oh! Relax people. I just suggested that, because it makes it easier for people who can't understand the language in a flash. We're going really OT now.
JFYI, there are 22 official/national languages of India, Hindi being one of them.
http://www.rajbhasha.gov.in/8thschedulehin.pdf

Sorry mods, got everyone OT there.

Let's get back to Honda and its madness. lol.
Old 23rd October 2007, 18:49   #8
Senior - BHPian

A "almost" similar thread exists. Mods, I know this is the old one but can you merge the two?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks