Team-BHP - Alfa romeo is coming
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Alfa romeo is coming (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/30434-alfa-romeo-coming.html)

Alfa Romeo is coming to india.
:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::

Tushky,

My most reliable source for any product launches is you! Thats how much more reliable your pics are than any magazine's print.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tushky (Post 604982)
Alfa Romeo is coming to india.

RUN !

thats great i wonder if there are good number of people appreciating it

i hope it doesnt end up like the maserati quattroporte

i know alfa 159 is a lot cheaper but still i mean in relative terms competing against the c-class,bmw and audi

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 604995)
Tushky,

My most reliable source for any product launches is you! Thats how much more reliable your pics are than any magazine's print.

:) thanks for these words. i will surely try to find this mule.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 605009)
RUN !

For your lives !

I was elated when i read the article on auto car india. But it all came crashing when they mentioned that it would be priced in the C-class, 3 series category

Quote:

the 159 should be launched with an entry price of Rs 28 lakh.
:Shockked:

Having to compete with much bigger cars like the Passat, Camry and with the snob value of Merc and BMW, what will be Alfa's chances at that price? To add to that the Alfa's will have Fiat legendary marketing skills to promote them. Looks like Fiat have found another brand that they can murder.

Quote:

Dealerships will be given to the best Fiat dealers in India
I would really love to see who these dealers are!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit (Post 605035)
:Shockked:

Having to compete with much bigger cars like the Passat, Camry and with the snob value of Merc and BMW, what will be Alfa's chances at that price? To add to that the Alfa's will have Fiat legendary marketing skills to promote them. Looks like Fiat have found another brand that they can murder.

I would really love to see who these dealers are!

Probably will end up with the Tata dealers...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 605009)
RUN !

Apparently, they have come a long way from what you had experienced, as far as I know. At least, 159 seems to have got a good press till now.

First let us see Punto and Linea in the showrooms before dreaming of Alfa Romeo etc...

With such a poor reliability record even in developed countries, I wonder how Alfa will survive in India!

No doubt they make sexiest looking cars, but wish only if they could fit Japanese parts inside!
:eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon (Post 605051)
Apparently, they have come a long way from what you had experienced, as far as I know. At least, 159 seems to have got a good press till now.

They always get good press Deepak, there's no problem there. The problems lie with Reliability & Quality of service at the dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thefreak (Post 605041)
Probably will end up with the Tata dealers...

:) i have a feeling it will end up in ferrari/maserati showrooms
as they dont have any plns of locally assembling it they will only aim at selling a few units first through the ferrari/maserati showroom

Do we need an Alfa Romeo in our market? Or would Lancia be a better proposition, after maybe reminding people of the indestructible HF Integrale's exploits and saying that from that stable comes this Ypsilon.