Team-BHP - Hyundai i10 & the santro
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i10 & the santro (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/31061-hyundai-i10-santro.html)

Hi,

Went to book a santro today. The salesgal said Hyundai has instructed dealers to withdraw discounts/freebies so that the price difference between the santro and the i10 doesn't look too great.

Is this true?

She offered free insurance and a 5k discount, which she herself said was very little as they had been offering an additional 15-20k discount till a week back.

Also, can you guys tell me what's the deal with a 4% finance payout?
She said ICICI's rate is 13.25% and the EMI would be Rs5,171 (2 lakh/4yrs)
But SBI is giving @ 11.25% and the EMI quoted is Rs5,193.

Well, according to me,
It seems like Hyundai is planning on discontinuing the Santro.
If there is no price difference, people will go for the i10 and once the i10 proves itself and is getting sales of its own, people will stop buying the Santo and Hyundai will discontinue it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 620476)
Well, according to me,
It seems like Hyundai is planning on discontinuing the Santro.
If there is no price difference, people will go for the i10 and once the i10 proves itself and is getting sales of its own, people will stop buying the Santo and Hyundai will discontinue it.

Interestingly, the sales reps said this was unlikely to happen anytime soon. They claimed they had booked more santros that i10s since its launch.

And, I was told that I should wait if I wanted to go for i10, because, "by all indications, the discounts would start flowing in very soon".

I think Hyundai is planning to slowly discontinue Santro once i10 proves itself.I myself kept the option of either going for Santro xo or i10 once it was released. But when I had a look at the Santro GLS interiors I had no option but to go for i10. They have not only stripped down the features but the quality of the interiors has deteriorated as well... the fabric used on the seats, the quality of the plastics used on the dashboard, the switches used for power windows almost everything inside was looking cheap. So finally settled for i10 Era. sadly no discounts or free accessories on the i10.:Frustrati

After the launch of Hyundai i10, Hyundai is in the process of developing a 'public car' which will be reasonably priced. The car could be expected to be priced below Rs three lakh, Mr. Lheem told reporters here last night after the launch of the i10 car. "But, it is still in the concept stage. From concept stage to translating into a real car, it will take four years. The car will be for both the Indian and export markets," he said, adding that it would meet all international safety and emission norms.
The company had no plans to phase out the Santro. Hyundai will be launching LPG version of its Santro car and they expect to sell 3.20 lakh cars by the end of calendar year 2007. The company had already launched CNG (compressed natural gas) version of Santro this year in the country. The company would increase its dealership network to 250 from 196 at present this year.

Confused Programmer: Hyundai's Big plans, Lpg Santro, i30

one of my friend own hyundai dealership he told me there is no such plan to discontinue santro and it is still selling in good numbers he also told me they are getting very good bookings for i10 and regarding santro discount he told me they are giving free ins worth 11000/ + 5000 plus 3.5 per payout what else do you want this also dealer is giving not the company and all dealers will give same discount so know rather than discount we should look for the best service i think they want to change there image but still very good discount

Quote:

Originally Posted by rravik (Post 620628)
But when I had a look at the Santro GLS interiors I had no option but to go for i10. They have not only stripped down the features but the quality of the interiors has deteriorated as well... the fabric used on the seats, the quality of the plastics used on the dashboard, the switches used for power windows almost everything inside was looking cheap. :Frustrati

Yeah, I noticed that, too. The interiors have now have become really tacky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aman345 (Post 620628)
one of my friend own hyundai dealership... regarding santro discount he told me they are giving free ins worth 11000/ + 5000 plus 3.5 per payout what else do you want... i think they want to change there image but still very good discount

Not a good discount at all if you compare with the deals on WagonR and Spark.

A barebone santro should be an ideal weapon against the Tata 1L. Maybe Hyundai will only sell the basic variants of the Santro to battle it out with the Alto & the 1L (the more expensive top end variants of the 1L) and position i10 as the premium alternative to the Santro/WagonR/Spark brigade.

Santro sold 12,990 units in September!
I think that alone speaks for itself.

As for the possibility of two models in the same segment. Maruti Suzuki sold 12,573 units of WagonR and 5,688 of Zen estilo. Why not Hyundai?

Just got my i10 yesterday....
compared to santro...its .....awesome...
the silent engine, the pickup and the interiors...
santro is no match...

Congrats achopraa!
Please give us your initial impressions after using it for few weeks.

Seeing Santro's sales figure, i do not think Hyundai will discontinue Santro in near future. Plus i10 has to prove itself in the market.

Had a close encounter with an i10 the other day. I have to say, they (Hyundai) have the run of the segment with this car. The interiors are heads and shoulders above the rest. I really liked the brushed wood grain textures inside. The exterior would probably look better with some nice 15"ers.

End of the day there is a market for everything. I think Hyundai are aiming at a different segment of the market with their range now. They arent looking at the absolute VFM segment IMHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 621421)
Santro sold 12,990 units in September!
I think that alone speaks for itself.

As for the possibility of two models in the same segment. Maruti Suzuki sold 12,573 units of WagonR and 5,688 of Zen estilo. Why not Hyundai?

Would be really interesting to see if i10 can outsell santro. I think the base model Era (no PS) is 75k costlier (factoring in discounts) than the base santro (with PS). Worth it? I don't think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by achopraa (Post 621462)
Just got my i10 yesterday....
compared to santro...its .....awesome...
the silent engine, the pickup and the interiors...
santro is no match...

Congratulations for your i10. Please post photographs!

speaking about outselling Santro I dont think so. It is just priced too damn steeply.