Team-BHP - Are Chevrolet Cars In India As Reliable As Honda Or Toyota.. ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Are Chevrolet Cars In India As Reliable As Honda Or Toyota.. ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/32065-chevrolet-cars-india-reliable-honda-toyota-3.html)

Can the Matiz be compared with the 800?

Although it also had similar engine capacity, Matiz was priced higher, and not near 800.
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 645534)
Just a little problem. But uncle banged his head into the hatch from the otherside and it went back in place.

lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by rr_zen (Post 644300)
I would opine that though the build quality might be a forte of the American cars in the likes of the Chevy

I have seen a few posts talking about better build quality in American cars compared to Japanese. Assuming we are talking about genuine Chevy's, I was, personally, very disappointed at the build quality of Chevy's that are avaliable in North America. I have seen Cobalt's, Pontiac G6's and Impala's with inconsistant panel gaps. If by build quality we mean heaviness then maybe American cars score over Japanese but not in even panel gaps. I must add here that the Daewoo's that many of us slam for being Korean are actually built better then Chevy's. It was interesting to see the korean Optra having even panel gaps compared to a Pontiac G6 and even a Cadillac.

if we are only discussing reliability of the cars then we need a long term picture of these cars we are discussing and as far as GM is concerned its too early to discuss their reliability since most of their cars are just a year old. This apart as far as short term reliability is concerned GM cars are pretty good and their A S S seems to be going the ford way with good maintence plans. I personally feel Honda is too overrated while toyota is trying to look as upmarket as possible before the real boys bring their real cars to India. Currently the competition is just hotting up. We can discuss their reliability in India may be two years later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aks316 (Post 643650)
hi..
are chevrolets as reliable as honda or toyota.. ?

No, they are either Korean or American lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by chittybang (Post 646111)
I personally feel Honda is too overrated while toyota is trying to look as upmarket as possible before the real boys bring their real cars to India. Currently the competition is just hotting up. We can discuss their reliability in India may be two years later.

Honda and Toyota are competing with your 'real boys' around the world. They have won there and there is no reason why they wouldn't in India.

Hey buddy, who are the real boys and what are the real cars they haven't brought them to India?
Quote:

Originally Posted by chittybang (Post 646111)
before the real boys bring their real cars to India. Currently the competition is just hotting up. We can discuss their reliability in India may be two years later.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbir (Post 644470)
Will it be the Captiva thats a rebadged Daewoo Winstorm? If so, then its not american designed.

Yea, your right its a rebadged Daewoo Winstorm that was designed in Korea at by GM's design centre there.

Being an owner of an aveo for 1.5 yrs, I would really say GM has no seriousness for Indian customers. They do have no product plan, marketing plan and ofcourse service plans.
I am a highly dissatisfied customer of a GM product and GM service dealship. :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 646598)
Being an owner of an aveo for 1.5 yrs, I would really say GM has no seriousness for Indian customers. They do have no product plan, marketing plan and ofcourse service plans.
I am a highly dissatisfied customer of a GM product and GM service dealship. :Frustrati

You are in Coimbatore and dissatisfied. I am an owner in Delhi (where GM's sales and service infrastructure is `better and more'. But I am also dissatisfied. GM's philospphy seems to be: fool each one once, with the hope that some portion of those may be fooled again.

thats the problem with GM , the aveo hasn't done well , the spark is losing steam

Any way out of this mess for GM?

They don't seem to have any new models for launch as well...

Quote:

Originally Posted by agbenny (Post 646598)
Being an owner of an aveo for 1.5 yrs, I would really say GM has no seriousness for Indian customers.

Agbenny, could you please let us know what exactly are the issues you faced? Just so the rest of us know. I thought GM woes ended with the Opel disaster and they were buckling up with the Chevy brand in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1100D (Post 645534)
The rear hatch caved in after an enthusiastic coolie, knee banged the rear hatch door to accomodate a non conforming luggage. Just a little problem. But uncle banged his head into the hatch from the otherside and it went back in place.

Gosh---you mean he banged his head, and not his hand? Is he a martial artist?

Quote:

They don't seem to have any new models for launch as well...
There is the new Optra, Epica & Captiva coming soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 647378)
Gosh---you mean he banged his head, and not his hand? Is he a martial artist?

Tubelight...(20)!!!!.....