Team-BHP - euro-3 in april 05,so y buy new car before that
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   euro-3 in april 05,so y buy new car before that (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3226-euro-3-april-05-so-y-buy-new-car-before.html)

guys,
with euro-3 norms due in april 05,the engine specs are definitely bound to change.
so dont u think one shud defer from buying a new car till april as the engine specs of all cars will be definitely chnaged for the new emission laws.
so maybe ,u can get the euro-2 cars at a bargain just before euro-3 starts here.

wat your say :confused:

Hey Speedsatya..just a funny thought !!Its like sayin... "Hydrogen Powered cars are coming in 2040..so why buy a car till then...LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
Hey Speedsatya..just a funny thought !!Its like sayin... "Hydrogen Powered cars are coming in 2040..so why buy a car till then...LOL

cmon stratos,
if thats the way u understand it ,then i am extremely sorry,i cannot help it.

i lol:

did not say that u shud not be buying a car at all before april.wat i meant to say is that if u already have one car and are looking for another one and planning to keep it for the long term,then maybe u cud wait as its just a matter of 4 more months.
maybe to do away with e-2 stocks ,we cud be offered a better bargain.

Yeh, i agree with SS. It'll be a much wiser decision to wait a few months regardless of wether you are buying a 1st hand or a 2nd hand car.

Ps: won't this thread be more relevant in the 'Indian car scene'?

it really wudnt matter for those buying a used car.

Quote:

Ps: won't this thread be more relevant in the 'Indian car scene'?
Moved to Indian Car Scene. Thanks Deep!

GTO

if u are going to buy a new petrol car then no need to wait but for diesel dont buy it now at any cost except accent crdi,elantra crdi,and mercs,(i dont know abt octavia 1.9tdi if that is euro 3 or not),scorpio crdi is here in jan or feb05,safari 3.0crdi will be out by mid march05,i dont have any idea about zen,indica,palio,ikon.diesels

If buying a Diesel It sure makes sense to wait till April/May Petrol cars I dont think there will be any difference, may be the ecu mappings might change for petrol but in Diesel I think atleast a few more cars will have CRDI/PD/JTD hearts

guys,
why do u think that petrol cars will not be changed.
when euro-2 norms were affected the zen got mpfi and changed from 8 valves to a 16 valved and the power changed from 50bhp to 59bhp.
similarly with the esteem which got 85 bhp instead of 65bhp.
so we can expect some changes in all models.
i think except the Volvo trucks,MB and maybe Skoda ,all vehicles are E2 at present

Satya
I dont think there will be a major shift in terms technology for petrol cars. If I remeber correctly atleast the opel range of cars is already E III compliant and there were no changes in the BHP/torque figures from E II ones ( or that was what the Sales person in Hyderabad claimed)

But for Diesels i think it going tobe a big leap in terms of technology used ( akin to the petrol ones moving from carb to MPFI for EII, diesel will now move from DI to CRDI/PD/JTD for E III)

I'd mentioned this query in another thread bu no one answered. Wht happens to ccars that are not Euro3 compatible? How long will they be allowed to remain on the roads?

at present ,cars more than 15 years old ,shud get a road worthiness certificate every 5 years.
so cars older than 1990 shud get it in 2005.

zen and esteem diesels are sure to be discontinued,as claimed by the autocar,indica will get the turbo from indigo,scorpio and safari will get a 115bhp crdi each.

the safari is also going to get a minor makeover as well with the new heart..
a car to watch out for..
even the indica will be fast now...
looks like things are working better for customers now...
the esteem and zen diesel will be sold in rural markets until the JTD heart comes in...
what about fiat diesels though ....
cheers
lambo ...
and SS i agree with u
its no poiunt buying a new car till then - specially diesel ...
oh and whats happening to the octi diesel ...
the petrol ones are getting the 1.8tp hearts but what about the diesel...
is it e3 compliant

any idea on what happens to the indigo diesel engine (dont know if its euro 3 compliant), palio/petra diesel.

what would be the price increase of the euro 3 diesel cars. wont there be a lot of discount in march to push of the existing diesel engine cars ???