Team-BHP - Fiat Palio 1.3L Multi-Jet Diesel - Launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Fiat Palio 1.3L Multi-Jet Diesel - Launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/32554-fiat-palio-1-3l-multi-jet-diesel-launched.html)

i recently heard that that Palio 1.3 is going to launched in Feb, had a talk with some FIAT employees, i tried posting this news some time back in some other topic the moderators did not approve,
anyway
they say the interiors would be the same
there might be some last minute changes maybe
anyway thought i'll just post this info. :)

I've also heard that.
The car will be positioned above the new Indica in the Tata-Fiat model line up.

Yes it's coming surely on next year but dont know the exact time.
It will be having the same engine as Swift diesel and same look as stile.
MF can put more light on this.

I don't see a point of placing a new engine between a 1.2 and 1.6. I think this introduction is purely to compete with Swift and Getz.

Now, Palio will have 1.1,1.2, 1.3 and 1.6. Shouldn't they be thinking of filling the gaps?lol:

Even I dont undrestand their policy. if GP is coming so why palio 1.3??
And If I'm right both have the same engine huh??

Guess it must be the 1.3 MJD (Multi-Jet Diesel) that is being referred in this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 656458)
I don't see a point of placing a new engine between a 1.2 and 1.6. I think this introduction is purely to compete with Swift and Getz.

Now, Palio will have 1.1,1.2, 1.3 and 1.6. Shouldn't they be thinking of filling the gaps?lol:

GP would compete with high end hatches like the Skoda Fabia and Ford Fusion while Palio 1.3 MJD will compete with Swift, Getz and Indica.

Fiat has lost the game to Swift; Maruti with their biz acumen came out with Fiat's 1.3 MJD engine and beat the crap out of everyone... look at the Swift DDiS numbers - simply amazing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 656474)
Even I dont undrestand their policy. if GP is coming so why palio 1.3??
And If I'm right both have the same engine huh??

But as i've heard palio 1.3 will be around 5_5.5lac something like GP and if its true Fiat has to change the price of palio diesel if wants to compete with swift.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirWind (Post 656481)
Guess it must be the 1.3 MJD (Multi-Jet Diesel) that is being referred in this thread.

Hmm, then it makes sense. If its petrol, god save Fiat's strategists

No no,it's 100% diesel.it is confirmed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 656524)
Hmm, then it makes sense. If its petrol, god save Fiat's strategists

Fiat is no longer responsible for the marketing strategy which is now looked after by Tata. Fiat just manufactures the cars and hands them over to Tata - period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 656513)
But as i've heard palio 1.3 will be around 5_5.5lac something like GP and if its true Fiat has to change the price of palio diesel if wants to compete with swift.

Thats seem too high!

Palio 1.3 JTD should get small- car tax concessions. Then it should be around 70k more than petrol palio 1.1. Which leaves us with a figure of around 5L.

Yea 5 or 5.5 poit is it cant compete with swift by this price.

Quote:

Originally Posted by payam (Post 656555)
Yea 5 or 5.5 poit is it cant compete with swift by this price.

Why not?AFAIK, the Swift D retails for about 5.6 - 5.8 On road.

Why are you guys forgetting that Tata and Fiat cars now form part of one line up. FIAT cars have to be positioned not just keeping the competitors' cars in mind but also the Tata cars. So Palio 1.3 will be positioned (and priced) above the Indica, to keep Indica safe.