Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: What is "Incidental Charges"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
IMO the incidental charges are the charges levied by the dealer for the godown/warehouse charges. You should contest these charges and get them waived off from the dealer. The dealer in a way is actually recovering the yard expenses from you in the form of Incidental charges
Dont worry, your car will still get registered.
OK, but supposing the Incidental Charges are waived off, I would need to register it myself right? That way, how does the road tax I paid to the deal reach the RTO?

Related thread, worth a read: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rges-scam.html

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 23rd July 2012 at 16:15.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
OK, but supposing the Incidental Charges are waived off, I would need to register it myself right? That way, how does the road tax I paid to the deal reach the RTO?

Related thread, worth a read: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rges-scam.html
no. you do not need to register your vehicle yourself so long you are paying the road tax + registration charges (which normally include some amount that is used as bribe to RTO and you don't get reciept for the same) to the dealer.

incidental charges are something you won't get a reciept for too. what i suggest is, leave the registration hassles to the dealer but negotiate hard on minimising the amount that you pay and don't get the reciept for, and try to get the handling charges waived off.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
no. you do not need to register your vehicle yourself so long you are paying the road tax + registration charges (which normally include some amount that is used as bribe to RTO and you don't get reciept for the same) to the dealer.

incidental charges are something you won't get a reciept for too. what i suggest is, leave the registration hassles to the dealer but negotiate hard on minimising the amount that you pay and don't get the reciept for, and try to get the handling charges waived off.

Good tip. Will do the same. Thanks!
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks