Team-BHP - Pics: DC Ambierod & Super Car
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Pics: DC Ambierod & Super Car (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/33911-pics-dc-ambierod-super-car-10.html)

Divert your attention to the elements in the Ambierod rather than its price or unsuitability. It carries a direction for HM. The car has no connections with the Amby, but carries its elements,like the nose, the rear quarter panels the wheel arches and the domed roof, into a modern interpretation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 708432)
:thumbs up Yes my friend, you are correct.
You have a fine taste in car design and similarly DC is a great car designer.
Everyone should applaud DC for his designs..

Thank you. You are far too kind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikibusa (Post 702374)
Guys i would also like to add my 1 cent..If you all can think you can put your thoughts on sheet metal & from concept to reality than praising yourself or trying to praise other 100% for doing goos in paintbrush or photoshop, then i would seriously respect all & also bow down...

Dude, do you think DC sits and beats metal panels and welds stuff? Get real. He started off with a pencil, paper, and a couple of good tinkers and metalworkers. I mean, does Lowie Vermeersch sit and hammer panels all day long?

DC's forte lies in the same direction as Infosys, or a thousand other BPOs. He is able to offer cheap services, with skilled manpower, at a fraction of the cost that is the norm in the West. Which is why AM asked him to prototype their Vantagequishguard (they all look the same to me). Unfortunately, there will always be some people with more money than (what we think is good) taste. DC, like any good businessman, is happy to cater to such people. If the Sultan of Brunei can have an RR with gilded edges and some sort of palanquin built into it, I'm sure your average Arab sheikh deserves a Gaia/Al Araba or whatever exquisitely grotesque creation DC conjures.

There's no denying he is a pioneer, and has carved out a niche for himself. But to say he is a pioneer of design is pushing it. He just does stuff for cheap, and lately his finishing skills have improved. I've seen the older DC Tempo Travellers, and their finish is pathetic. Addedly, his PR skills leave something to be desired. Noble refuses to talk to him after the M12 GTO fiasco, and I hear AM aren't too happy with him either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chetanhanda (Post 708432)
:thumbs up Yes my friend, you are correct.
You have a fine taste in car design and similarly DC is a great car designer.
Everyone should applaud DC for his designs..

Please share with me these so called great designs. I have not seen one. From his qualis limo to his ambeirod they have all been below average custom jobs. Even the desi limo designers in Punjab do a better job on stretching cars.

Stop bigging him up just because he is Indian. Recognise talent and then applaud it rather than recognising nationailty and applauding for the sake of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 708468)
Dude, do you think DC sits and beats metal panels and welds stuff? Get real. He started off with a pencil, paper, and a couple of good tinkers and metalworkers. I mean, does Lowie Vermeersch sit and hammer panels all day long?

I think some people bought into all the AM hype and began to believe that DC had actually designed the car. This was all down to the press he received.

I bet he could not panel beat anyway. The guy is a poor designer not a panel beater. Panel beating is an art in itself which takes time to master. Poor DC has not mastered the art of design so I don't think he would have time to master panel beating.

With all due respect, might I point out that there is more to it than panel beating. There is a prerequisite - a sense of esthetics/lines/beauty, call it what you will.
Alas, our DC never got close! :)

There is an article in Autocar about the AmbieRod :

:: AUTOCAR INDIA - CAR AND BIKE MAGAZINE ::