Team-BHP - Saw a Maruti Swift ZDi !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Saw a Maruti Swift ZDi !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34070-saw-maruti-swift-zdi.html)

Saw this silver ZDI in Tippasandra road,Bangalore(to be precise, near the kanthi sweets).. couldnt believe my eyes .. even the maruti website describes only LDI and VDI..

when did the maruti launch ZDI variant of diesel model ?

it also has DDis written on sides.. and the car looks used(not new for sure) and doesnt look like a test vehicle too..

Can Anyone throw more light on it ?

Dude, most certainly the owner has replaced just the badge from LDi/VDi to ZDi ;)

just another case of 'custom badging'. :) no reason to panic here.

Did it have registeration number plates on it?

Maybe some enterprising guy removed the Z from Zxi and fixed it on his L or Vdi. lol:

lol:

It just looked like a normal family car except for the ZDI and DDis so was curious.. not sure if someone played around with alphabets but what i saw was 100% true.. guys staying in this part of bangalore can check

i myself saw couple of times..

Did u look at the wheels. Did it have zxi alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 682658)
it also has DDis written on sides..

I believe its for all DDIS. But of late, I am seeing more DDIS in BLR on Swift. Let me keep my eye ***** open for ZDI, if it exists :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed_devil (Post 682689)
Did u look at the wheels. Did it have zxi alloys?

It surely had broader wheels.. but dont think alloys were OEM.. since the Zxi alloys suck big time.. my VXI wheel cap looks more cool lol:

and i have seen very few ZXI owners changing their alloys.. nice observation..
perhaps this guy thinks he is too smart to play with the alphabets :Frustrati

I also felt something fishy.. just wanted to know if ZDI was out or not..

Mods, i leave this to you..

i have seen a new DDIS with ABS and Alloys in hyd. I think it was Zdi and not Vdi

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 682774)
i have seen a new DDIS with ABS and Alloys in hyd. I think it was Zdi and not Vdi

its would be the vdi. abs is optional on the vdi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaxy (Post 682774)

Yesterday when I was at RNS for service, I saw a non-ABS VDi getting an ABS conversion done. That too for Rs.15/- only!! Im wondering why I paid 20k extra for my ABS ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 682784)
Yesterday when I was at RNS for service, I saw a non-ABS VDi getting an ABS conversion done. That too for Rs.15/- only!! Im wondering why I paid 20k extra for my ABS ;)

:uncontrol in that case, this one would cost even more.. Replace(steal!!) V of VDI with Z from some poor guys Zxi

anyways next time i see this, i ll try to take a pic.. it had DDIs,ZDI and ABS being a passionate Swift owner.. i notice all the details of a new car..

Woah!!! cannot be Zdi otherwise MUL would have made a hue and cry when Fabia was getting launched. They would have put the advts in papers and tv's about zdi. Better look at the car next time LOL.

They are trying to cope with the demand for LDi and VDi and hence wont do something like this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajshenoy (Post 682789)
:uncontrol in that case, this one would cost even more.. Replace(steal!!) V of VDI with Z from some poor guys Zxi

Iv taken off the badges on my car except for the DDiS/S & ABS.

What car is this? I clicked it a while ago on the way to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 682862)
They are trying to cope with the demand for LDi and VDi and hence wont do something like this.

Exactamondo.