Team-BHP - New 2L Honda CRV
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New 2L Honda CRV (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34135-new-2l-honda-crv.html)

The pointer below talks of a more spirited CRV 2L version coming soon.. Wonder if it is a new diesel variant? The Civic has a 1.8L engine and the others are 2.4L, so wonder which one is this?

Honda Car India :: Future Line Up ::

Also talks about the new Accord to come..

Its a petrol version, which was in the previous gen CRV, this way they can price it a bit lesser. No diesel yet and wont be too in the future.

Its Priced At 17,15,000 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

And its also a 2WD and Not a 4WD. The company claims better efficiency without compromising with the Performance. Diesel with CR-V would have been a great combination but guess Honda's Not Too Intersted In Deisel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 684753)
Its Priced At 17,15,000 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).

And its also a 2WD and Not a 4WD. The company claims better efficiency without compromising with the Performance. Diesel with CR-V would have been a great combination but guess Honda's Not Too Intersted In Deisel.

HSCI LAUNCHES NEW 2.0L 2WD CR-V

(10 January, 2008, New Delhi)

New Delhi, Jan 10: Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI), leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, today launched a new 2.0L 2WD (2-Wheel Drive) Honda CR-V. A premium urban SUV that deliversa rare-in-its-class driving experience. With its unique combination of new age urban styling and sporty drive and handling, the CR-V is superior both in terms of versatility and sophistication. The new lighter engine gives good fuel efficiency, without compromising on performance. The CR-V is priced at Rs. 17,15,000 (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
The website states 143ps (vs 161 of the 2.4L) and 190nm toque (vs 218nm of 2.4L)

So its 143PS @ 6000 v/s 161 @ 5800
and 190 @ 4200 v/s 218 @ 4200.
But, is the 2.0 CRV FWD or RWD? And, would there be much of a difference in FE? Its just 70kgs lighter and the peak power comes in a tad higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 684744)
Its a petrol version, which was in the previous gen CRV, this way they can price it a bit lesser. No diesel yet and wont be too in the future.

The previous gen that is type1 did have a 2L engine but this is certainly not the same engine. It is the new 2L engine found in the civic 2.0L engine abroad.

@shuvd - I guess it's FWD. The site doesn't mention anything though.
It's 17.35 ex-sh at Kolkata. Which is 1.25L less than the 2.4L version.

2.0L would be almost 18.5 OTR. Spending that kind of money, maybe it might make sense to add a bit more and go the whole hog :)

God bless competition - Chevy Captiva's launch expedited Honda's launch.
Although i still think the Captiva is a better buy and far more fun to drive than even the 2.4L CR-V, not to forget the diesel economy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangaraj (Post 684736)
The pointer below talks of a more spirited CRV 2L version coming soon.. Wonder if it is a new diesel variant? The Civic has a 1.8L engine and the others are 2.4L, so wonder which one is this?

Honda Car India :: Future Line Up ::

Also talks about the new Accord to come..

Its a 143 bhp petrol unit and according to auto journos its lacking too much in power when compared to 2.4.

I just saw on the news that it is front wheel drive only. Honda opted to remove the AWD for weight reduction for the smaller engine. The engine is smaller but the car is now lighter as well.

Quote:

Honda opted to remove the AWD for weight reduction for the smaller engine.
Thats their version. Price is the real factor, the 2.4 CRV is pretty steeply priced.

what happend to Jazz, Are they not going to show case?

I'm totally Nanoed. I read that as 2 lac CRV over :)

Jazz is in one of the photos from Steeroid (Guess you were looking at the other model)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballkey (Post 685568)
I'm totally Nanoed. I read that as 2 lac CRV over :)

LOL!!! well u just might have discovered the new catch phrase!!!:D

Nanoed!!

Elito