Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2VTT - Change in prices?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2VTT - Change in prices? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34262-tata-safari-2-2vtt-change-prices.html)

Hi,

Was just surfing the Safari Dicor website when I notced that the Price section says 'New prices will be declared soon'.

Anyone has any idea of this? Has any inkling been given in the Auto Expo 2008? Or is it to combat the Scorpio mHawk?

TATA Motors - Safari DICOR

If anything, its the mHawk that would have to moderate itself to the 2.2L Dicor, not the other way round. This is most likely a price revision to mirror actual costs, over what could well have been an introductory price for the first few months of the new Safari's launch.

I tend to agree with theMAG unless it's a soft launch of a V2 of the 2.2 with styling cues from the Sumo Grande's interiors such as integrated roof-mounted AC vents etc. Too early for the latter I think!

I am sure the 16-odd 2.2 owners in TBHP (I think) are very anxious to know :-)

Suncity(prospective buyer), confirms the price rise by 9k on the Safari 2.2 EX model, OTR.

The VX put up for display at the Auto Expo had quite a few changes including motorized ORVMs with built-in clear lens indicators on them. When I asked about it they said "it will be available on 2008 models" and the additions will be available as spares for older vehicles if you want them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 688050)
The VX put up for display at the Auto Expo had quite a few changes including motorized ORVMs with built-in clear lens indicators on them. When I asked about it they said "it will be available on 2008 models" and the additions will be available as spares for older vehicles if you want them.

dosent the vx already have motorized mirrors? or are the power folding mirrors? also what were the other differences that add the 9k to the safari?

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 688081)
dosent the vx already have motorized mirrors?

I think he's talking about the indicators which are not available currently -
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 688050)
The VX put up for display at the Auto Expo had quite a few changes including motorized ORVMs with built-in clear lens indicators on them.

No, it does not have a fully collapsable motorised ORVM's but can be electrically adjusted from inside.

I think this is a normal increase, not related to any improvements.
Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay1234 (Post 688081)
dosent the vx already have motorized mirrors? or are the power folding mirrors? also what were the other differences that add the 9k to the safari?

Saar

The LX OTR is up by 9K. But the good part is that it comes now with "tubeless tyres"

its suppose to happen but not in near future but sure after ists launch in indian roads

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 687826)
Hi,

Was just surfing the Safari Dicor website when I notced that the Price section says 'New prices will be declared soon'.

Anyone has any idea of this? Has any inkling been given in the Auto Expo 2008? Or is it to combat the Scorpio mHawk?

TATA Motors - Safari DICOR

Price Changed

Kerala Ex Showroom Price For

VARIANT OLD PRICE NEW PRICE

LX 738000 745000
EX 4X2 857000 865000

They should not have made these changes and asking the owner's of the 2007 models to purchase is something which Tata should not have done.

If they have done these small changes in the 2008 models
Atleast they should have given free upgradation for the owners who had purchased last year in 2007, hardly there were a few 1000 cars sold.

What say TBHPians ?????

- Raghu

Suzuki Shogun
Suzuki Samurai
Maruti Omni
Maruti Esteem
Tata Safari (Waiting for Jan 27th - Delivery Date)

Every manufacture is increasing the price as their input cost have increased. Be it Maruti, Hyundai or any other.

So the TATA also increasing the price of safari. It has nothing to do with M hawk coming...Sumo Coming..:)

Can anyone please confirm whether after the price increase the LX comes factory-fitted with tubeless tyres?

The new Sumo has come and boy is it rocking.I don't think many customers will be bothering with a Safari anymore now that the Sumo Grande is here.