Team-BHP - Deal : Audi A4 @ 22 lakhs on the road
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Deal : Audi A4 @ 22 lakhs on the road (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/34422-deal-audi-a4-22-lakhs-road-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by V-16 (Post 693013)
A total of 14 cars were available. Under the EPCG scheme, its a yummy under 11 lakhs.

So do I see four rings in your garage ? :)

The current A4 is quite boring actually. The new one looks fabulous but I dont know if we will get the model with the LEDs ala the R8. The new model will definately come with a good price hike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 693134)
So do I see four rings in your garage ? :)

The current A4 is quite boring actually. The new one looks fabulous but I dont know if we will get the model with the LEDs ala the R8. The new model will definately come with a good price hike.

Id love to have one parked in my Garage but it then it would be wearing a badge of an RS4. I am in contact with them regarding that.
At a price below 11 lakhs, its cheaper than a Skoda or even an Optra Magnum Td although I agree that it does nothing to exite my senses, still at this price, very buyable. I guess by the time they finish their paperwork they wont have the model want.. lets see
Well actually Evo6 told me about it much earlier but these guys at Audi have no follow up. If before selling their car they are behaving hard to get i wonder what the service later will be.

For 22 lakhs, I take this as opposed to a fully loaded Camry plus change.

Can someone enlighten me on what is EPCG scheme? And how can I get the 4 rings for 11L :-) - If it is doable, I'll get it over the weekend! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer (Post 693254)
Can someone enlighten me on what is EPCG scheme? And how can I get the 4 rings for 11L :-) - If it is doable, I'll get it over the weekend! :D

EPCG is Export Promotion Credit Guarantee scheme. Under this, certain industries like hotels, etc can import used cars duty-free.

If you are an eligible buyer, you can shave half the price the vehicle is going for. Tempting??

And, engineering isn't included in that list of industries :(

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkapoor777 (Post 693452)
EPCG is Export Promotion Credit Guarantee scheme. Under this, certain industries like hotels, etc can import used cars duty-free.

Im not sure about the used cars bit but I know its also applicable to new cars. Also arent the cars imported under this scheme supposed to be used for the business, i.e. as a taxi to pickup and drop guests.

For a 1.8L? Still almost double of what even Chinese pay for it.Good deal in India I guess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 693508)
Im not sure about the used cars bit but I know its also applicable to new cars. Also arent the cars imported under this scheme supposed to be used for the business, i.e. as a taxi to pickup and drop guests.

It only applies to new cars from factory. One cant buy from dealer. The car has to be used for business which includes leasing to anyone, thats why they have to have yellow plates. So whats the big difference? The cars still the same

gogi, what happens when you have to sell these cars bought under the EPCG norms?

manson.

I guess there is a lockin of 3 years (or is it 5) after which you can sell it just like any other car.

A4 at 22 lakhs is sure mouth watering.
Lets face it Merc are quite common on our roads and 3-series are bit flashy.
But A4 is very discreet, perfect for those who want luxury without getting too much attention.