Team-BHP - changes in Euro-3 cars with respect to Euro2
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   changes in Euro-3 cars with respect to Euro2 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3480-changes-euro-3-cars-respect-euro2.html)

guys ,
we can use this thread to specify the chnages in the various cars after they have been changed to E-3.

maruti has already started production of the euro-3 zen and its already in trasit.
the major diffrences are:

1. 32 bit ecm inplace of a 16-bit ecm
2.a valve called 'Purge valve' used to recirculate the exhaust gas to achieve the emission norms.

many other chnages cud be there,but this was all i cud get out of my horses mouth.

guys,

this is froma very reliable source in maruti. clap:

maruti has sent a letter to its dealers in mumbai and mabbe other places also ,urging them not to deliver the E-3 zen as its got some problem with its brake booster.

so dunno wat happens to the vehicles in transit or to those that have already been delivered.

regarding the brake booster,even my car had a similar problem and the braking was really poor .whenver i had pointed this,i was tolod that all mpfi cars had this problem .as a result i had to change my pads,and brake shoe,wheel cylinder thrice.
but recently Navnit accepted that my brakes did actually have a problem and after 3.5years they replaced the brake booster ,as my car was under extended warranty .
the plus point abt this was that i have learnt to control my car on engine braking.
:OT

All the Diesel engines will be replaced by CRDIs or they will be Turbocharged to meet Euro 3 norms. Tata is working on the CRDI for Sumo and Safari and Toyota Innova(qualis) will have D4D (Direct-4 Stroke Diesel Turbo Commonrail) engine.

The Mahindra Scorpio is also going to be CRDi. The Benefit in terms of power is just 3~4 hp and in the case of Tata Safari it is 115 up from 90 bhp..

maruti diesels will only be sold in rural markets .
indica is going to be turbocharged
no changes to petra D or palio D (would have liked a turbo however)
theres talk of a change in the boleros heart too

EURO-3 Norms

Source : http://www.marutiudyog.com/bp/bpfaq....2&ct=10&sc=6#4

1. What is Head Lamp Leveling (HLL)? Why is it required?
Alignment of head lamps is done without considering any load on the car. When people sit inside the car, the load on the car increases and as a result the beam of the car tends to goes up. To neutralize that effect leveling mechanism is to be provided in the cars. HLL is a mandatory regulation which will be enforced from April 2005 in all categories of cars.

2. How can the driver use HLL in Maruti cars?
The driver will have a switch which will be able to adjust the beam in 4 levels depending on the load in the car. There is a motor in the headlamp, which will be controlled by the switch.

3. What is Bharat Stage III? How is it different from Stage II (E2)?
Bharat Stage III norms are emission norms that car manufacturers in India will now have to adhere to. In Bharat Stage III, the emission limits are reduced by 50% in comparison to Euro II for HC & NOX. In addition to the limits, the test procedure has also become severe. Hence, it is much more stringent in terms of emissions. Only Euro 3 compliant vehicles will get registered in 11 cities, (NCR, Chennai, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Secunderabad, Kanpur, Pune, Agra & Surat).

4. What are Bharat Stage III norms?
For India, the Emission Norms to be applicable have been named as Bharat Stage III. The difference in the Bharat Stage III and Euro III is that the maximum speed at which the vehicle is tested on the chassis dyno is limited to 90kmph for BS III, whereas it is 120kmph for Euro III. The emission limits are the same.

5. Can Bharat Stage III be registered in cities OTHER than the 11 cities mentioned above? What about Stage II vehicles (E2) in these 11 cities ?
Other Cities : Yes. But it is not mandatory.
11 Cities : Also Euro II compliant vehicles can also be registered in these 11 cities
(mentioned in Answer 4) after 31st March '05 if produced before 1st April '05.

6. Will WagonR, Zen and Baleno continue to be available under E2 norms?
Yes, WagonR and Zen will be available in both E2 and Bharat Stage III but Baleno will be 100% available under Bharat Stage III norms only.

7. When will MUL introduce Bharat Stage III in its various other models?
This will be done in phases till 1st April 2005. For e.g. Bharat Stage III compliant WagonR and Zen will be produced from 3rd January 2005 while Baleno will be produced from 5th January. Production for other models will subsequently start in due course of time by April 2005.

8. Will compliance to Bharat Stage III have any effect on the performance or maintenance cost of the car?
No

9. How has Maruti made its cars Bharat Stage III compliant?
Maruti has made certain system changes in the engine to make it BS III compliant. These changes have been made over and above the BSII Engines.

10. What parts has MUL added in its engine to make it Bharat Stage III compliant? What system changes has Maruti done in the engine to make it Bharat Stage III compliant?
The major changes made in the vehicle are
a) Changes in the exhaust systems. Addition of a Maniverter (Catalyzer which is close to the engine exhaust - a combination of exhaust Manifold and Catalyzer)
b) Upgradation of the parts like O2 sensor, Purge valve, Canister
c) Upgradation of parts to reduce evaporative emissions.
d) Changes in the ECU to make the vehicle compliant with BSIII.
e) Addition of EGR in some vehicles to meet the norms.

11. Why have we put a 32 bit ECM in all our cars (except Omni and Versa)?
A 32 bit ECM has been put in the car for faster processing of data for more precise control of various parameters.

12. The new car will have a 32 bit ECM? Are we upgrading the existing ECM or are we installing a new ECM?
Bharat Stage III will have 32 bit.

13.. What are Bharat Stage III norms? Would these be production norms or registration norms?
BSII
Test Cycle:
40s gap between Engine cranking and sampling of exhaust gases.
Emission Limits:
CO: 2.2 g/km
THC + NOx: 0.5 g/km

BS III
Test Cycle:
Exhaust Gas sampling start at Engine cranking.(cold start.)
Emission Limits:
CO: 2.3 g/km
THC : 0.20 g/km
Nox: 0.15 g/km

These are Production norms.

:confused:
please help. utterly confused.
hi there,

i've placed an order for e-3 zen on 14th jan. i came across this thread today only. i tried speaking to the dude who'll deliver my car on wednesday about the problem you've quoted. he just shrugged his shoulders and said that he's never heard of this problem. i'm a new member to this forum, so if u or ne1 else could take some time and reply to this thread. will be much appreciated. as of now, i've put the order on hold. please reply ASAP.

Regards to all
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
guys,

this is froma very reliable source in maruti. clap:

maruti has sent a letter to its dealers in mumbai and mabbe other places also ,urging them not to deliver the E-3 zen as its got some problem with its brake booster.

so dunno wat happens to the vehicles in transit or to those that have already been delivered.

regarding the brake booster,even my car had a similar problem and the braking was really poor .whenver i had pointed this,i was tolod that all mpfi cars had this problem .as a result i had to change my pads,and brake shoe,wheel cylinder thrice.
but recently Navnit accepted that my brakes did actually have a problem and after 3.5years they replaced the brake booster ,as my car was under extended warranty .
the plus point abt this was that i have learnt to control my car on engine braking.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revhard
:confused:
please help. utterly confused.
hi there,

i've placed an order for e-3 zen on 14th jan. i came across this thread today only. i tried speaking to the dude who'll deliver my car on wednesday about the problem you've quoted. he just shrugged his shoulders and said that he's never heard of this problem. i'm a new member to this forum, so if u or ne1 else could take some time and reply to this thread. will be much appreciated. as of now, i've put the order on hold. please reply ASAP.

Regards to all

hey revhard,
i saw this mail from maruti sent to friend who is a works manager .he had forwarded that to me.it said that the E-3 cars delivered to that dealer(mabbe only that dealer or mabbe that particular batch of cars) has that problem

mabbe the batch of cars in delhi dont have that particular problem.its nothing serious and it happens with almost every manufacturer,as the parts are from diff vendors.and its happened even with Honda

so go ahead with ur buy and let us know.

cheers

satya

This is what TATA said -
BSIII (EIII) norms relate to the emission norms of the enigine only. Here too, we meet the specified norms. The BSIII emission norms came into effect from 1 April, 2005 and our vehicles were designed and manufactured to meet those norms from that date. The CMVR norms for headlamp leveling device norms came into effect from 1 October 2005 and we have complied accordingly.

That means they were selling vehicle from apr-oct without giving all euro-III norms and charging us for euro-IIII. Great TATA :-)

hey i read somewhere on some website of a news agency that Euro IV norms have been preponed for the cities to Jan 2007 on the request of manufacturers to the Indian Govt. and they are all geared up to roll out Euro IV passenger cars before Jan 2007. Can somebody enlighten. Please. Dont you think its worth the wait then to buy a car with Euro IV norms than now ?

Bharat Stage III norms kick in from April next year nationwide.

Does this mean those people having BS II cars won't be able to sell their cars in the future ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD_dude (Post 205793)
hey i read somewhere on some website of a news agency that Euro IV norms have been preponed for the cities to Jan 2007 on the request of manufacturers to the Indian Govt. and they are all geared up to roll out Euro IV passenger cars before Jan 2007. Can somebody enlighten. Please. Dont you think its worth the wait then to buy a car with Euro IV norms than now ?

Which are the cars in hatch back and Sedans which are EU4 compaitible.
Think Ritz is one in hatchbacks

@Yves: EIV is expected in the select cities next year from March-April. The PSU oil firms of their standard lament that they are still to gear up for EIV fuels. Thid time they are blaming late delivery of compressors by another PSU!