Team-BHP - 2008 New Honda City
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2008 New Honda City (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35182-2008-new-honda-city-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 716991)
How is the more powerful DDIS engine a chink in the SX4s armour? I would think its an advantage over the petrol Honda City.

Though 1.9L would be exremely good for power/torque freeks like us bhpians. The aam-junta wont care about the power/torque.

The 1.9L will be less FE then the 1.3, will weigh more and cost more and can cost more then the City.

This cetainly looks good. Hope it has all the features SX4 is offering. If yes, then it will take on its competitor SX4 headon if this launched.

All Japanese auto majors does the new car launches first in Thailand and then it will come to India. Even Toyota did the same thing for Corolla & Innova. Hope the volumes there justifies doing so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 717001)
Though 1.9L would be exremely good for power/torque freeks like us bhpians. The aam-junta wont care about the power/torque.

The 1.9L will be less FE then the 1.3, will weigh more and cost more and can cost more then the City.

knowing Maruti they will probably detune to get max fuel efficiency out of it. I think, it'll be a 1.9L in name only.

Honda line up for 2008

1) The new Accord - May 2008

2) The Civic minor face lift - May/June 2008

3) The new NHC - October 2008.

Accord V6 not expected this year, will come in next year. And it still will not be offered in M/T.

No diesel option being considered for India as of now.

The Jazz should be out 2nd half of 2009 or early 2010.

If the new City is going to be inspired by this design, then it's going to be a 'CHARTBUSTER'.clap:
The tail looks similar to that of the Supra.[/quote]

its rear looks more like the VW pheaton or the going to be launched skoda superb

Do car companies internally use the same dies ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarScream (Post 717008)
knowing Maruti they will probably detune to get max fuel efficiency out of it. I think, it'll be a 1.9L in name only.

then you should know that Swift DDIS is 70 PS in UK and 75 PS in India !!!

If that is how its going to look, I think my second car may very well be yet another NHC. (till now I was more inclined towards Optra Magnum).

Quote:

Originally Posted by normally_crazy (Post 717132)
Honda line up for 2008

1) The new Accord - May 2008

2) The Civic minor face lift - May/June 2008

3) The new NHC - October 2008.

Accord V6 not expected this year, will come in next year. And it still will not be offered in M/T.

No diesel option being considered for India as of now.

The Jazz should be out 2nd half of 2009 or early 2010.

Any hybrids coming inline?

if the tires are are as big as shown in inspirational pic then it'll be a great looking car.

I'm already sold to this design :)

Does anybody have any idea about the engine power and all ?

Check out the car in this picture. The side panel and rear view mirror look very much like the city.

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.au...a_heat_opt.jpg

Coming from an ex-Honda fan. Anything will look better than a monovolume MPV with a boot sticking out. So lets hope the change happens soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaserQ (Post 716901)
I should think not. The Jazz has an MPV-ish stance. The new City will hopefully have a better integrated boot.

The Jazz concept at the expo:

I am not quiet sure Jazz is an MPV, in UK it is sold as a City car
--
Honda has their diesel cars in UK for a while, still can't understand why they are not launching it in India

i believe that Honda would have to really get the product right esp in terms of pricing and product features. Otherwise its not going to be easy to trouble the SX4......

Trouble from what :uncontrol? Check Jan 2008 sales :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Hurricane (Post 732828)
i believe that Honda would have to really get the product right esp in terms of pricing and product features. Otherwise its not going to be easy to trouble the SX4......