Team-BHP - Finally New WagonR with ABS/AIRBAGS!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Finally New WagonR with ABS/AIRBAGS!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3522-finally-new-wagonr-abs-airbags.html)

Just read today's newspaper... and ohhh.. what a surprise... didnt expect this from Maruti at all.....

The all new WagonR!
32bit ecu
Body coloured redesigned bumbers (even in LXI)
3 spoke steering wheel (finally!!...)
redesigned dashboard!!...
dual airbags!!!!!!!!!!!!
ABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Euro III

Thats great news!! Safety features - Finally in small cars. Though you have to credit the Palio with being the first mover.

GTO

clap: wow,

that is great news.
along with all these ,if only maruti cud give wider tires on its cars and bigger brakes.

i think the brakes in wagonR are good enough acc to the power the car has
and in the latest generation version the tyres are an upsize then the previous one 155/70/r13

with the crdi santro around the corner, i hope this isn't the end of innovations from maruti...

have they announced a price hike too?

All Maruti vehicles which are Euro III complaint are going to have a price hike..

Dippy

frankly the only maruti model that arouses any interest in me now is the upcoming Swift. I can't wait for that!

But, its good to see safety making its way into the A/B segment cars. So now the Wagon R has airbags, but the larger, faster more powerful Baleno does not....

just saw the ad in the mid-day today
wonder what the price will be ???
will go check it out later in the day...

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtech
frankly the only maruti model that arouses any interest in me now is the upcoming Swift. I can't wait for that!

But, its good to see safety making its way into the A/B segment cars. So now the Wagon R has airbags, but the larger, faster more powerful Baleno does not....

I fully agree about the Swift, but last week's Economic Times article says that the Swift won't be available before the second half of this year. And another ET article says that Skoda auto will launch the Fabia this year. If the Fabia is launched before the Swift, I may just buy a Fabia.

:OT It was three years ago, in 2002, that I first read in BS Motoring that Skoda was planning to launch the Fabia in India. If it takes them three years to bring launch a car in India, no wonder the Euro manufacturers are getting their b****'s kicked by the Koreans. While I don't care much for Hyundai's product line, you have to give it to them that they have consistently introduced their latest products in India, simultaneously or soon after their global launches.

Thats nice!! Hope to see some really loaded hatchbacks pretty soon!

WOW!!! thats really a great news, from now we will get international safety features in our cars, thanx to Euro III norms.

Stunned!!! I surely am.Maruti is finally growing of age.
Thats good news.

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtech

The Baleno does not have airbags?? I am sure that the european model has 2 airbags! Are you sure, rtech?

wow!! great news . clap:

but i think the santro A/T was the 1st small car to have ABS.....and wuts with the auto headlamp adjuster thing??

is it the new innovation that car makers are going after ?? the wagon -r and the 2005 limited edition corolla boast of auto headlamp adjusters !!!

i cant understand !!

anyways the santro now be very careful of the wagon-r !!

cheers

Man... if the soon to come Santro CRDI is priced rightly.... we may just have the end of TATA INDICA..(a car as heavy as a truck with no safety features at all..)
so i guess that will make even Tatas think of "safety first"...