Team-BHP - BMW launches 320d Highline
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW launches 320d Highline (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35288-bmw-launches-320d-highline.html)

Saw an ad in TOI Bangalore about 2008 models of BMW cars. Seems they have added Xenon and Sunroom to 320s. Does anybody know more about it?

Also saw another model 320d highline! Somebody tell me that it is manual transmission!

Seems like BMW has heard what Team-Bhp has been longing for ... a 320d with all the gizmos that the 325i comes with.

Todays TOI features the ad, surprisingly they did not harp much on the the new launch its just been mentioned in the model line up.

Two thing that are not very clear from the ad- Xenon now standard across all 2008 models? And the ad features a white 3series so is white color now available too?

It also featured a Sunroof. Did it have this before ?

Looked neat.

the white 3 series featured in the TOI looks sweet...i think the updated features include a sunroof, 17 inch alloys, idrive,bi-xenons,updated sound system.

Any idea what the price increase for the 320d highline is ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkochar (Post 715552)
It also featured a Sunroof. Did it have this before ?

Sunroof was always available on the 325i.

Looks like Xenons. I drive , sunroof etc will be added to the 320d. Merc and Audi better watch out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 715505)
Seems like BMW has heard what Team-Bhp has been longing for

Then they should come up with manual transmissions here. I am sure, many of us are waiting for that.

Any idea how much more the highline will cost as compared to the regular 320d?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakishRam (Post 716020)
Then they should come up with manual transmissions here. I am sure, many of us are waiting for that.

Are all the 3 series model's Transmission Automatic?

I think BMW took a while to come around to the fact that even a powerful 6 cylinder petrol cant snatch Indians away from a competent diesel. And that someone who spends 30 lacs on a car still cares about FE.

Good to see the 320D finally getting the kit it deserves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 (Post 716318)
Are all the 3 series model's Transmission Automatic?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RakishRam (Post 716020)

No BMW in India comes with Manual Transmission, with the exception of the M3

No matter how good the BMW 3 Series is, there is one reason why i would blindly choose the Mercedes C Class over it, and that is Manual Transmission in the Merc. I dont know why Audi and BMW think themselves smarter by giving all those auto tranny, agreed the Audi DSG is faster then then Manual, but ill prefer to control the gearbox manually. I know some of them have paddles, but they just dont cut in like normal manual trannys do.

Quote:

No matter how good the BMW 3 Series is, there is one reason why i would blindly choose the Mercedes C Class over it, and that is Manual Transmission in the Merc.
My thoughts exactly. A slick 6 speed manual is the way to go with high performance diesels.

The last i had heard of BMW 330d/325d (If that was ever launched in India about 10 yrs ago), It used to have 2-mode transmission, sports and economy. And the overall best FE mentioned in that mag review was above 18/20 in economy mode. It used to cost about 25 odd lacs. Can someone clarify if I misread something.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khanak (Post 716097)
Any idea how much more the highline will cost as compared to the regular 320d?

News From today's ET.
Quote:

Luxury carmaker BMW thursday launched a new variant in 3 series - 320d Highline - priced at Rs 30.70 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Thats 36 lakhs on the road in Mumbai! And to think you could buy a brand new E-Class for 22 lakhs in 1996. D+ segment cars have certanly beaten other segments with % increments over time, and who better to start this trend than M Benz? The C180 used to retail for 22 lakhs in 2003. In 2005, the C200K OTR price was 28 lakhs!

Milk 'em dry, eh?