Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 02:58   #61
BHPian

22 people in a Fiat Grande Punto !

You got that right. Here's the fact of the matter :-

Well its got a mini review of the car as well. It seems the car is a good handler and has good grip levels. The car tested here is GP 1.9 130 bhp Sporting, so its a sprightly performer. Pity we wont be getting that engine option here. And it looks like a million dollars in the black outfit. What a looker! Those alloys are mindblowingly good. Hope we get those atleast in the top end versions.Plus it is the roomiest, most comfortable hatch in its class.And I tell you what, having seen one personally (outside India), I can tell you that it looked a size bigger than the Swift, Getz or even Fabia for that matter. And it will do well if priced reasonably, and by that I mean it deserves a price tag of 5-7 Lakhs. I would buy one at those price levels.

Another one with just the driving shots :-

Last edited by roms : 11th February 2008 at 03:13.
Old 11th February 2008, 03:24   #62
BHPian

Found another lovely video.The studio shots are great. Ignore what the man is trying to tell you though. Fiat, can we please also have the panoramic roof, pleaseee!!

Last edited by roms : 11th February 2008 at 03:25.
Old 11th February 2008, 04:05   #63
BHPian

A bit OT here.

Schumi is appearing in Bravo advertisements on TV here in Belgium. The advertisement has both Schumi and Kimi in it. Its a black Bravo and the price that is quoted is 17,995 Euros.
Old 28th July 2008, 11:08   #64
BHPian

I saw this Grande Punto Avarth ads briefly yesterday in Star Movies during in between the movie Chestnut. So, when is the launch date? If Indica V3 is going to be launched with MJD next month, the powertrain factory is probably going production already.
Old 28th July 2008, 12:23   #65
BHPian

guys i agree with FINNEYP he's right i mean-its a premium hatch all right.u have to accept that it'll not sell in volumes so obviously only few people will think of buying it. well as far the car its a nice car-saw it way back in jan.08 at the auto expo it really is a well built car and fiat is famous for its diesel technology. so i think it'll be anytime 6
+ for punto. as far as the linea goes its really a good and a solid looking car (courtesy auto expo this year) the 1.6L mjd will rock the nation-but agreeing to the fact that its good and all-the price sure will shoot upto 8+ anytime or upto 10lacs.
Old 29th July 2008, 10:45   #66
BHPian

GP looks to be good car which can definitely beat Swift or Getz. Anybody has any idea when the highly hyped Liana will be released?
Old 29th July 2008, 11:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by biju_kp View Post
Anybody has any idea when the highly hyped Liana will be released?
Fiat has said the Linea will be launched in September and going by their recent launches, the car should be out in September on the dot.
Old 29th July 2008, 12:47   #68
Senior - BHPian

[quote=paddy77;918519 the 1.6L mjd will rock the nation-but agreeing to the fact that its good and all-the price sure will shoot upto 8+ anytime or upto 10lacs.[/quote]

1.6 MJD??? I thought we getting 1.3 MJD 90 BHP !! But pricing is the most important factor for GP & Linea.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:26   #69
BHPian

I read in ET couple of days back that Linea will be launched in the festive season (Diwali I guess) and the Punto early next year.
Old 29th July 2008, 13:38   #70
BHPian

The launch periods mentioned in site driveinside.com have been pretty accurate. Going by this, the Fiat Linea and Bravo would be out in September.

Ans yes the Punto will be out only next year.
Old 29th July 2008, 14:11   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshooli View Post
Ans yes the Punto will be out only next year.
True!

FIAT does not have a very good reputation in India and by launching a hatchback (premium or not), at a higher price, say around the Fabia, it is only scaring the masses from trying to sample its product. By launching the MJD Stile, FIAT has begun a comeback, but unless it can offer good deals with the upcoming models, all will be in vain!

I would say that the idea situation would be launch a large number of variants of the GP starting from 5L onwards. Once the GP would have managed to gain the audience attention, the lower variants can be discontinued.

Personally, I would love to get my hands on a GP, even if it retails around 7L...
Old 29th July 2008, 15:23   #72
BHPian

Personally, if Punto had been launched before or at the same time as Linea, I would have bought Punto, even at 7.5L for a top end diesel. A spacious hatch with decently big boot, suitable for both city and highway.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks