Team-BHP - 2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2008 Ford Fiesta Facelift. EDIT: Now launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/35411-2008-ford-fiesta-facelift-edit-now-launched.html)

Ford is expected to facelift its hot selling sedan Fiesta. Expected to
be launched during the 1st half of 2008. There is no official news
from Ford on the launch date. But the facelift was launched in
Brazil last year. Many people had complained on the plain looks
of the Present Ford Fiesta. The facelift answers all the critics
and makes it look sporty to an extent. Also expect the 1.6 TDCI
diesel engine to be fitted !!

arent there a front pic.they have gone the edge way,more rakish cuts and a edgy charecter for the car,the question is is it enough to bring back the sales chart we had seen almost a year back.
ram

Is This a speculation? If not then whats the source ?

Good to hear that. What's your source Karan?

That looks like more than a face-lift. There would have to be sheet metal changes which I dont think Ford would do. Likely changes - revised bumpers, head/tail lamps, drivers seat adjustment in ZXi, different seat fabric and maybe airbags.

Anything else is bonus.

I think the 1.6 diesel should be launched in india. that would further increase the presence of fiesta in india.

Ummm..looks like they are making they are incorporating the looks of the Mondeo into fiesta..... like how it happens with dSLR cams... features of the old semi pro cams come into the latest advanced amateur cams...eg features of the 40D to the 450D...haha
looks good.
Any pics of the front?

i am not sure whether this is true..because i asked the consultant in ford who is very well known to me and he said , the fiesta is coming with change in interiors only .. Also the service techs went for training at chennai plant and they have seen the car from a distance and they say , the exteriors look the same... i think u asked from Rajshree Ford CBE , right .. ???

The car seems to be like a baby Ford Focus, isn,t it?

This looks more like the Focus Sedan sold in the US than the Mondy.

Quote:

....Also expect the 1.6 TDCI diesel engine to be fitted !!
If this source is to be believed, it will be a good feast for all the diesel fans.
IMO the present Fiesta (in terms of looks) is not that boring also.

i doubt it, the Brazilian Fiesta pictured above came out before the one we got over here. Front end is the euro fiesta.

I really have no clue why they bothered wth two versions of the same car

Dunno why , but I think the tail lights don't fit in very well.well, it's personal opinion.The car definitely looks more racier than the current one. Eagerly waiting for the front pics and of course what's under the bonnet.

I don't like it, I had seen the this version in some pics earlier, and was hoping they redesign rather than get this. The current one looks more rounded, and better IMHO. This looks more squarish and more like the Icon.

yep the existing one looks looks more sporty.
1.6 diesel would be welcome but not the rear tail lamps, but im really curious to see how the front is.

Any one got hit by an army truck?
My 118ne just got trashed 20 mins back... how do i go about registering a complaint ? the police guy advised me to forget about it and let the guys go who were ferociously fighting with us coz are car was not moving so the plowed in. & it was a red signal....