Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 11:12   #1

Logan MCV

Hi Guys,
Any idea of when logan MCV - 7 seater is going to be launched in India.

(Courtesy to Please Wait...)

Thought not a great one by looks, if launched, it could still dent Tavera sales. Moreover, it could create a separate new market segment for itself.

More details are here:
Dacia Logan MCV
Old 26th February 2008, 12:18   #2
srh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat79 View Post
Hi Guys,
Any idea of when logan MCV - 7 seater is going to be launched in India.

Thought not a great one by looks, if launched, it could still dent Tavera sales. Moreover, it could create a separate new market segment for itself.

More details are here:
Dacia Logan MCV
I would not mind buying one in a diesel avtaar. It would be a very practical vehicle. The only issue would be if Mahindra Renault launch it at Sumo Grande prices.
Old 26th February 2008, 12:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

if this cmes for about 5.5 to 6 lakhs.. this can be a winner.. but looks more like a European Ambulance to me.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

I would prefer either this or the Renault Kangoo. Now that Renault is very much committed to India, I don't see why we shouldn't be getting it. I remember seeing a couple of Test Mules long ago before the Logan was launched in India. Borivali guys too might have seen it! One of them was maroon in color with all the Renault logos masked. And yes, a Temp nos!

Lastly, I would not pay more than 6 for this car or the Kangoo.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

The MCV is the next in Mahindra-Renault's lineup. Expect it to be here in 2009. But, I think that MR should concentrate on the Sandero.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:27   #6
BHPian

waiting for good things in life
Old 26th February 2008, 13:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

the price factor will decide the success of this car. Got to keep the fingers crossed.
Old 26th February 2008, 15:43   #8
BHPian

This was displayed in the Auto Expo, and they had no idea about its price and the possible launch date. Also I dont know if it will ever be launched, it would directly compete with the Scorpio & the Ingenio (soon to be launched)
Old 26th February 2008, 16:04   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
This was displayed in the Auto Expo, and they had no idea about its price and the possible launch date. Also I dont know if it will ever be launched, it would directly compete with the Scorpio & the Ingenio (soon to be launched)
You have made a very valid point here. Now, even I am a bit sceptical of it coming here. But, if its made available as a 5 seater with some decent pricing, it should sell. I somehow feel that it won't directly compete with the Scorpio and Ingenio as they would be in a differnt league (SUV and premium MPV).
Old 26th February 2008, 16:23   #10
BHPian

Looks like Renault has Log ed OFF after the Log an(ON)
Old 26th February 2008, 16:54   #11
BHPian

I believe this will be answer by Renault to MPV segment failed by other automakers in India....
Old 26th February 2008, 17:20   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Hi,
Are you sure that this was displayed in the auto expo Delhi. Do anyone have pictures?
Old 26th February 2008, 17:48   #13
BHPian

To tell you the truth when I saw it in the Auto Show I was sort of impressed with its looks and the build quality, I would love to see it on our roads and yes if it is priced between the 6-8 lakh bracket it is bound to do very well and that itself can be the reason that M & M would not like to launch it (atleast not for a while till they have sorted out the Ingenio launch and its impending show down with the Sumo Grande). I feel it might come up from the Nissan-Renault stable instead of the Mahindra Renault stable and if that happens then we will not see it till 2010, I think their Chennai plant will get completed by 2009.
Old 8th April 2008, 10:20   #14

Hi Guys,
Some 2 months back, I read a news item where Mahindra and Renault have said that they are evaluating the feasibility of launching Logan MCV in india. Below is the link:

Renault, Nissan Maintain Their Plans for Greenfield Plant in Chennai | Auto Spectator

Have anyone seen any tests for logan mcv or have any spy photos?
Old 8th April 2008, 10:30   #15
Senior - BHPian

I have clicked few snaps of a car this monday while coming back from Mumbai. The reg no. was MH 15 which indicates it was a Mahindra vehicle.. My first impressions are it is Ingenio as few others have clikced it already... But it could also be Logan MCV.. I will upload the pics soon...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks