Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 14:42   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
maybe just have the manufacturer and the model, nothing else...why do u need a variant at the back.
Instead put the variant on the quarter panel (Matiz for ex)
I agree. Just manufacturer and the model should be enough. How in the world does it matter which variant is it? You should know the you are owning. why bother about publicity???
Old 7th March 2008, 15:47   #17
BHPian

It certainly looks a lot better without those numerous badges all over.U can buy a BMW with the model designation deleted (for eg. 730Ld).
Old 7th March 2008, 16:17   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I agree. Just manufacturer and the model should be enough. How in the world does it matter which variant is it? You should know the you are owning. why bother about publicity???
Absolutely only the name and model should be there rather than ex, lx etc which looks weird
Old 7th March 2008, 16:25   #19
srh
BHPian

All that badging is indeed required. Even today when I go to the petrol pump to fill petrol into my Indica, all those attendants want to push me to the diesel dispenser inspite the big 'Xeta' badging
Old 7th March 2008, 16:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

We are talking about "bling" vs "understated" looks. who wants understated looks on a budget car? a budget car should always have "CRDI", "ABS", "*Xi", 20th Anniversary Limited Edition, Protected by RATS, "Diesel Only", "K&N filter" and so on..
Old 7th March 2008, 16:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
All that badging is indeed required. Even today when I go to the petrol pump to fill petrol into my Indica, all those attendants want to push me to the diesel dispenser inspite the big 'Xeta' badging
So is it really required? Anyway it is being ignored!!
Old 7th March 2008, 16:49   #22
BHPian

Guys, please - the marketing guys need to earn their increment also you see. So along with a minor upgrade, they upgrade (minor of course) the name of the vehicle too ;-)
Old 7th March 2008, 16:55   #23
BHPian

Zen estillo seems ok, I mean Maruti wanted to make use of Zen's brand value and it was bieng positioned at the similar customers, but Sumo Grande thats funny, Sumo does not have a great brand recall and I am sure it has been positioned in the different bracket too
Old 14th March 2008, 12:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Longest list in india...?

guys... small opinion poll.. what is the most badged rear you have seen on a indian manufactured car...

My memory always goes to this

Hyundai
Accent
Tornado
GTX
ABS

all this with a big H in the middle...

No offense tornado owners... just that even you may accept it was way too much advertisement on the rear..!!!
Old 14th March 2008, 12:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
guys... small opinion poll.. what is the most badged rear you have seen on a indian manufactured car...

My memory always goes to this

Hyundai
Accent
Tornado
GTX
ABS

all this with a big H in the middle...

No offense tornado owners... just that even you may accept it was way too much advertisement on the rear..!!!
Ahh!!!, recently i saw brand new Delhi Govt Ambi with following badges
  • HM
  • 1800 ISZU
  • MPFI
  • Bharat Stage III
  • Power Steering
Actually there were couple more but out of my mind now.

Amit
Old 14th March 2008, 13:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gods-envy View Post
maybe just have the manufacturer and the model, nothing else...why do u need a variant at the back.
Instead put the variant on the quarter panel (Matiz for ex)
I guess the ford displays it in the quatrer panel below the indicators a well as at the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsurfer View Post
I find it quite good. Without badging, cars will look plain IMO. Also the rears generally have the manufacturere logo at the centre and the car name and the model which is quite ok.

I personally look at these model badges to see which models are popular and it helps differentiate a diesel from a petrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
It certainly looks a lot better without those numerous badges all over.U can buy a BMW with the model designation deleted (for eg. 730Ld).
hehe a BMW has so many thins to look at.... what will you see in an estilo/wagon R??
Old 14th March 2008, 14:42   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
When I was in Belgium I was amused to see majority of the cars there didn't have thier model designation displayed on them. Only the company logo will be there.

Here's the reason I got from a colleague there,
1. People who buy lower versions don't want to display it because they don't want others to know they have the lower version!
2. People who buy the high end versions don't want to display it because it will attract the thieves!

It actually looks good.
Old 14th March 2008, 14:53   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
We are talking about "bling" vs "understated" looks. who wants understated looks on a budget car? a budget car should always have "CRDI", "ABS", "*Xi", 20th Anniversary Limited Edition, Protected by RATS, "Diesel Only", "K&N filter" and so on..

My car is protected by CATS. I-CATS
Old 14th March 2008, 15:28   #29
BHPian

As if its not enough, some dealers in Bangalore, started to put their own badges .

Yes i saw quite a few Swifts with "BIMAL" (the dealer name) inserted as a badge(not a sticker) along with their regular manufacturer, model and variant badges.

-vaspro

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks