Team-BHP - Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/36784-palio-stile-multijet-vs-swift-ddis-vs-paliostile1-6-vs-indica-dicor-vs-getz-crdi.html)

So The war has started .
Within 3 years once a sleeping segment has become the battle ground for the brave.
What do you folks prefer taking into account their pros and cons

Let me tell you my preference.

I vote for Swift for being nearly a complete package.

+P r o s
  1. Good looks
  2. Cheap to maintain
  3. Good resale
  4. Awesome free revving engine (though its the same case with the new yet to be launched indica 1.3Dicor / Fiat 1.3JTD)
  5. Great Mileage
  6. Nice steering response
-c o n s
  1. By the time your car is delivere world might have already shifted to alternate fuel :Frustrati .
  2. Build quality of interior panels
  3. Cramped rear seats

For me Palio 1.3 Multijet is a Complete package - Ride comfort, Build quality, Handling, Space, Looks, FE, Power, Average Service!

My vote goes for Indica Dicor or X1 but it may got changed after taking test drives of alll the cars

My vote to Swift DDIS for the corner cutting abilities and the ABS.

My vote goes for the Palio. It is one of the best looking cars even after all these years, safe, spacious and a decent handler too.
And from what MoralFibre has mentioned in this thread, it seems the Palio is cheaper than the Swift.

Agian cant really make out which is better until the Indica/X1 and Palio are out.

I've voted for the Palio as it scores over the swift in the following areas.

1. Better buld quality
2. Spacious rear seats
3. Looks (well this is subjective)

Though it is a little early to take a call since the Palio and Indica are not yet out in the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 685886)
For me Palio 1.3 Multijet is a Complete package - Ride comfort, Build quality, Handling, Space, Looks, FE, Power, Average Service!

How can you comment on the handling, power and FE before getting a drive.

I'll reserve my vote till I drive the Palio 1.3 multijet and the Indica X1 1.3 MJD.

The Palio will be havin 17KGM torque as opposed to 19KGM from the Swift Diesel, plus the Swift is lighter. I voted for the Getz for its insane engine. Otherwise Swift it is.

In the looks, power & handling department the Swift has got the Palio trumped.

prefer Getz crdi might buy this one once the price comes down a bit after the market is flooded with all kinds of multijets from Fiat

Quote:

Originally Posted by finneyp (Post 685886)

Why is the service average?

Quote:

Originally Posted by burnt. (Post 685924)
How can you comment on the handling, power and FE before getting a drive.

Handling coz I have a Palio 1.2, so Palio 1.3 MJD should have the same Handling capabilites.
Power and FE coz Swift 1.3 DDis have the same MJD engine & everyone knows about its FE and Power. Though Palio's FE will be marginally less than that of Swift owing to Palio's weight factor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s0uljah (Post 685935)
Why is the service average?

Fiat-Tata Service is decent enough!

I drove the swift DDiS very briefly and loved it more than the Palio or the Getz. Loved the swift for its handling and braking (ABS).

My vote goes to Palio 1.3 MJD

isnt it premature to consider the new indica and the palio ? does anyone know what would be the specs of the engine in these cars? i have a feeling TATA and even FIAT for that matter might choose to detune the engine and extract better mileage ..so one needs to check the specs before commenting

Isn't it pretty obvious Palio will win the poll?

Its after all the latest launch in the market with a fantastic engine thrown into a decade-old car! :thumbs up

Wonder whats the sales target for the car.