Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2008, 01:26   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanak View Post
1.Sure the H1 is an awesome vehicle but I don't think that anyone will be able to live with it on an everyday basis.

2. The H2 has a lot more presence than the H3 but its also a lot more expensive and a lot thirstier. Besides the H2 hasn't been offered as a RHD anywhere in the world, what makes you think India will get one? Besides anyone who really wants an H2 can still get it through a gray importer.

3. The H3 makes up 75% of Hummer sales which should tell you something about how much people like the H3. Hummer sales are going down 20% every month and were going down 30% every month before the H3 came along. That should tell you a bit about the popularity of big huge gas guzzling SUVs

4. Celebrities get the H2 instead of the H3 because they can afford to. Thats like saying the C Class is a crap car because all the celebrities buy an S Class.

5. The H3 may not be the best car in the world but you cannot argue with its brand value. Everyone knows what a Hummer is and everyone thinks of it as an big macho truck.

6. Remember when the H2 first came out how everyone went bananas talking about how they would never be seen dead in an H2 and it was the H1 or nothing. Now everyone is saying its the H2 or nothing and the H3 just isn't a Hummer. The H4 should be out soon and Im sure it will get similar treatment.
1. I agree with you, the H1 is not a daily driver, some people do drive it everyday, but it is highly impractical and plain annoying to drive and find parking, living with an H1 on a daily basis in India is quite a challenge.

2. True.

3. Just because the H3 makes up 75% of the sales does not mean people like it to much for being a hummer. They buy it because its an suv thats all....and also becuase it is affordable, at $30k in the US it is a mere 12L would you buy an H3 for 12L? I know I would but not because it is a hummer and I can go off roading and be comfortable, but because its not a bad SUV, I just wouldn't get excited and think "wow look at me I have a hummer".

4. I did not say the H3 is crap, I said the H3 is not a real hummer, its like going to a small Indian retaurant in a small town in mid-western america and eating Indian food, the food tastes nothihng like Indian food, its just called that.

5. No one thinks of the H3 as a big macho truck. The H2, yes.

Last edited by spawnofsatan : 5th April 2008 at 01:28. Reason: Typos.
Old 5th April 2008, 03:59   #62
BHPian

I must say that the Cadillac CTS (especially the 2009 model) is the best looking sedan in its class in North America. To launch it in India is a big thing for GM. And the sound from the 6.2L supercharged pushrod in the CTS-V is just like heaven.

And as far as the Hummer is concerned, the amount of road presence it commands is unmatched by any other truck in the market right now. So it might just be a success in India.

But I must applaud GM for bringing all these vehicles into a growing market like India. Shows how much confidence they have on the country's economy.
Old 5th April 2008, 08:16   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPKDMFF View Post
If that is the price of an LC out there in US, which it is, then I guess we people in the Middle East are getting a real nice deal on the LC , cause you can actually get the top end LC at around that cost.
The top end LC in UAE has a 4L, 262 hp engine. (H3 has 3.7L, 242 hp engine).

The one which i m talking abt in the US has a 5.7L, 380 hp engine, which can be in the same category of the H2 (6.2L, 393 hp)
Old 5th April 2008, 09:06   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRider View Post
The top end LC in UAE has a 4L, 262 hp engine. (H3 has 3.7L, 242 hp engine).

The one which i m talking abt in the US has a 5.7L, 380 hp engine, which can be in the same category of the H2 (6.2L, 393 hp)
The top of the line LC in the UAE is a 4.7L/250bhp with 431nm Torque. They don't have a bigger engine size, most of the vehicle in the UAE with an engine size above 5.0L are mainly the American SUVs and 4x4s.

The 4L, 262hp is the entry level LC, in the UAE this competes with the H3 pricewise. The 4.7L is currently the top-end LC in the UAE, and it just about makes it near the H2 price range.
Old 9th May 2009, 00:18   #65
BHPian

What happened to the H3 launch plans? Anyone with updates?
Old 9th May 2009, 09:21   #66
BHPian

Hat's off to anyone who has the guts to actually put money down when these bankrupt progeny of a bankrupt business do make it to this country.
The only reason GM is in the condition it is in is due to the continued reliance on "cars" such as these. And now they want us to buy them?
Old 9th May 2009, 11:49   #67
BHPian

the H3 is superb offroader and a strong car

here in the gulf its starting from 13lakh rupees and considering the options its excellent
Old 9th May 2009, 13:10   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
the H3 is superb offroader and a strong car

here in the gulf its starting from 13lakh rupees and considering the options its excellent
I wish you would've have warned me before you say something that funny. I was eating and almost threw up !!!!

The H3 is a good buy at 13L and like I have said before it should be bought because its a decent SUV and not an offroader.
Old 12th June 2009, 05:26   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post
Hat's off to anyone who has the guts to actually put money down when these bankrupt progeny of a bankrupt business do make it to this country.
The only reason GM is in the condition it is in is due to the continued reliance on "cars" such as these. And now they want us to buy them?
I heard that GM sold hummer to some chinese company.Is that a fake news

Source:
GM to sell 'Hummer' to Chinese company - Express India

GM to sell Hummer - International Business - Business - The Times of India

Last edited by Rude7 : 12th June 2009 at 05:41.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:24   #70
BANNED

Forget the Hummer. As for GM itself, I will watch and wait before going for any of there products. remember Daewoo (now part of GM).
Old 12th June 2009, 09:28   #71
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Forget the Hummer. As for GM itself, I will watch and wait before going for any of there products. remember Daewoo (now part of GM).
I think i read somewhere that someone big from GM India saying that the indian operations were safe considering the fact that they were in the top 3 of Indian Car Sales.
Old 12th June 2009, 11:16   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
If you go through the links I posted,it says gm is selling other brands also.That article says,hummer is sold to a chinese company and they will help GM in manufacturing hummers by the end of 2009.And other brands will be out of GM by 2010.GM is keeping only 3 brands for itself
Old 12th June 2009, 12:29   #73
BANNED

Location: Gudaibiya; BAHRAIN/ Vandiperiyar; KERALA/ Wuhan; CHINA

Seems like the Chinese government doesnt approve the sale of Hummer to the Sichuan Tengzhong Group. Some time ago SAIC (another automobile giant in China) purchased the Ssangyong brand form the Koreans and kind of failed during the recession. So the government thinks its unwise to go and buy the Hummer brand just because you have the cash influx and see it fail gradually!!
Lets wait and see what happens next!
GM India Hummer H3 to be launched Mid 2008 and Cadillac 2008 end-chinesepolicehummer.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks