Team-BHP - Urban SUV Shootout: CRV vs Tucson
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Urban SUV Shootout: CRV vs Tucson (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/3799-urban-suv-shootout-crv-vs-tucson.html)

With the launch of Hyundai's new urban SUV, the Tucson (:Too Saw), just around the corner, does Honda need to be worried?

The CRV has been on sale for a few years now and is a great package, everything you would expect from a Honda. Jewel of an engine, spacious well built interiors and steadfast reliability. And ofcourse, the appeal of that Honda badge!

On the face of it, the Tucson seem's to have it's work cut out to win over the public. It's the same size as the CRV, with similar interior room. The exterior design hints of Korean origin with the in-your-face styling cues thrown at you with exaggerated creases and curves. However, this sort of styling does seem to appeal to a large segment of car buyers in India.

The trump card for Hyundai would have to be the terrific 111hp CRDi engine, the same one as found on the low selling Elantra. Now buyers of a Rs.14 lakh vehicle may not have fuel consumption as his top priority, but, as the Octavia has shown, if you offer the public a choice of a petrol and diesel at the same price, diesel will come out on top.

So, can Hyundai overcome its only major handicap, its image, and fight with the CRV on an even battlefield? Or will the Honda badge prevail over what could be a better VFM package?

And yes, let's confine ourselves with these 2 vehicles ONLY. No Endeavour's, Scorpio's etc.

I guess only time will tell. But, if you look at the C+ segment, the Elantra Crdi hasn't really made waves. The Corolla and the Optra (which don't have a diesel option) are still doing pretty well.

The Elantra topped in sales when it was launched but, a month later it was demoted to 3rd place (after the Corolla and the Optra). The Tucson will surely sell in it's initial stages, what happens after that cannot be predicted.

Shan2nu

Right now I would say the CRV but thats not it cause the Tucson still has to hit the roads. Should be able to make choice after expereiencing the Hyundai.

Dippy

As of now i'l go with the CR-V!!
This might be of help!!
CRV Link

Tucson Link

COMPARE

Quote:

And yes, let's confine ourselves with these 2 vehicles ONLY. No Endeavour's, Scorpio's etc
clap:
Good you mentioned that or it'l turn out to be like the sania thread which mainly talked about narain!! :D

I would not dicousnt the Tuscon totally - styling is good and it handles well. End of the day, its attraction is gthe diesel. The Honda still has the class !

The ELantra flopped because it looks like a bloated Accent with braces on its teeth

Tucson, for the CRDi alone.

GTO

P.S. What the heck is up with the Koreans? First the Optra 1.6 over the NHC, now the Tucson over the CRV. Damn I gotta go and read the Honda book again!

Tucson is more expensive than the CR-V, but after I read through the camparisons, I'm affraid i'l have to change to Tucson.....
But we'l know ones it is out on the roads!!

Well as of now its definetly the C-RV its ibbeatble,but one cannot discount the Tucson,as Hyundai has time and again proved to be a tough competitor to be it Honda,Maruti or any other Co. accross all segments

The CRV hands down even after the launch of the Tucson. Honda has a loyal fan following here in India !! for that reason alone its the CRV !

Its the CRV, primarily because the CRV is a tried and tested model. The Tucson is a new ambitious launch by Hyundie but they are chartering into untried territories. Hyundie is not known for its SUV's. But the CRDI engine in the Tucson sounds good..

I personally prefer the CR-Vs styling to the Tucson. Engine wise the honda is brilliant but it lacks a diesel option, and the hyundai has a wonderful CRDI. So overall , with tears in my eyes, i would pick the Tucson over the CR-V.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat
The ELantra flopped because it looks like a bloated Accent with braces on its teeth

lol: Drat, you made me spill my coffee!

Well, this is a tough one, but I think that CRDi would make me swing in favour of the Hyundai (can't blieve I just said that!!).

It's not about FE though, it's just an easier fuel to find when travelling long distances. Also, the Tucson has a better 4-wheel drive system with a locking diff. While I would probably hardly ever use that, but it's good to know it's there!

Also, I'm sure Hyundai are not stupid enough to launch the Tucson at the same price (forget higher) as the CRV. I think they've learnt an important lesson with the Elantra. So, the Tucson would be approximately Rs.1 lakh cheaper, and to me, that makes it a better all round package than the CRV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtech
Also, I'm sure Hyundai are not stupid enough to launch the Tucson at the same price (forget higher) as the CRV. I think they've learnt an important lesson with the Elantra. So, the Tucson would be approximately Rs.1 lakh cheaper, and to me, that makes it a better all round package than the CRV.

But Rtech, did u see the links i'v attached in my post.. Just check the comparison... I think it is costlier..

Hey vin, thats in the US. And those are MSRP's given. Actual street prices would be different.

Look at the Elantra and Sonata, both priced less than their competitors. Hyundai knows nobody is willing to pay the same or a premium for it's products, CRDi or no CRDi.