Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2008, 13:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
What I meant in my post i... bringing in better European cars in, then there will be success written all over their faces. Bet!!
The problem was never with the car. It was with the manufacturer.

Quote:
And I don't want to go into GDPs and Per capita etc... But I think our country has matured itself into a better developed car market than many other countries in the world.
The devil is always in the details. What is a 'better developed car market'?

Quote:
There was no harm in saying that I don't like a car designed in some South american backyard. Do you think so????
The point was that the car was developed ground up for developing markets - bad roads etc. No harm in that. Or do you think so?

Quote:
It is my preference of seeing a true italian Fiat than a south american developed one! It is same like many people preferring the MADE in JAPAN Alpine than the MADE in PRC!
I think you will shudder to hear the stories about 'true Italian Fiats as well'. Ask Steer about his 'truly Italian' Alfa Romeo.
Old 11th April 2008, 13:58   #17
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
I think you will shudder to hear the stories about 'true Italian Fiats as well'. Ask Steer about his 'truly Italian' Alfa Romeo.
Hey!!! Not that I like those Italian bimbos! I just prefer them to be seen here than the south american developed ones!

Nice! Atleast you tend to understand my points. I agree that a car developed for bad roads etc... is always good. But can't they do the same with a proper European hatch than a poorly developed one??? If Opel, Merc, Renault and Peugot can do, why not FiAT???
Old 11th April 2008, 14:10   #18
BHPian

Currently it is code named B-compact and it is going to plug the gap between the 500 and GP

Fiat B-Compact en C X-Over - AutoWeek.nl

Sorry the link is in Dutch
Looks like the Uno name might return or we might also get a new budget brand

Here is another link

2009 Fiat Uno B-Compact & 2010 CX-Over
Old 11th April 2008, 14:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
This car, again is going to be developed with low cost R&D. It will never be a true European hatchback we all wish to see from FiAT.
You surprise me with your inference!

Developing for emerging markets doesn't mean that the car is under developed. What it means is that the platform has to be very versatile. Like the Palio / Indica platform.

The 178 platform supports various kinds of designs.
01. Hatchback
02. Sedan
03. Estate
04. Soft/Mini/ Pseudo SUV
05. Pick-up truck!!!

Now this is great for any manufacturer because several platforms share the same platform and hence reducing the cost of development.

When the so called under developed car was introduced in India, it was still way ahead of most other cars (truly Japanese) offered in India. Honestly, it still is better than most cars in the under 4-5L category in India.

Quote:
Why doesn't FiAt understand that India is a good developed market now.
You are joking aren't you? With due respect, I don't think people like you represent the majority of Indians. We still buy 10k Altos a month, 5k M Vans, 5k 800s etc and we are happy with what these have to offer us. I bet, 99.99% of these are sold without airbags and ABS. Lets not talk about traction control and other "developed" features. By the way 99% still don't wear seat belts.

Only a privileged handful can afford to buy moderately "developed" cars and a tiny minority the real "developed" ones. So how is India a developed country / "developed car market"?

Quote:
The local component manufacturers won't easily give in to manufacture those rare items
Seriously? What's their problem?

Quote:
the root of all the problem lies in this low cost R&D
IMHO, a correct example for "low cost R&D" is the Swift DZire, developed exclusively for Indians!

Quote:
Please give us a genuine European hatchback
We do have a few like the Getz. But then, we like to think Hyndai is stupid when it comes to pricing!
Old 11th April 2008, 14:17   #20
BHPian

Another link

Fiat new Uno (B-Compact)
Old 11th April 2008, 14:27   #21
BHPian

2010 is a long wait and fiat better make it worth it. Guess the Bravo should be worth waiting for. And if this is going to come into india as CBU's then pricing of the car is also going to be critical. Heard that the 500 2door small hatch is going to be sold upward of 20 lacs. Thats sheer overpricing considering the brand image that fiat carries in india.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 11th April 2008 at 14:28.
Old 11th April 2008, 14:33   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If those are still in driveable condition!! Or else will be in the garages! LOL!!!
Its truly amazing, the way you never let an idea interrupt the flow of your typing but then making sense isnt your expertise.. is it? When you dont have anything worthwhile to contribute to a thread, why not keep quiet? I see you hijacking every Fiat thread, bashing Fiat just for the sake of it, mocking everyone else's purchase and passing unwanted sarcastic remarks like the one above. I have a Fiat and I love it. Each one has an opinion and it is respected here, but please dont abuse the privilege.
I hope moderators are also watching it.

@mods... I know this is harsh but I just couldnt take it. Mocking, Passing remarks on someone's hard earned purchase should also be considered against the rules of posting in a forum and should amount to infraction.

Last edited by extreme_torque : 11th April 2008 at 14:37.
Old 11th April 2008, 14:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey!!! Not that I like those Italian bimbos! I just prefer them to be seen here than the south american developed ones!
Hmmm. Interesting.

Quote:
Nice! Atleast you tend to understand my points. I agree that a car developed for bad roads etc... is always good. But can't they do the same with a proper European hatch than a poorly developed one??? If Opel, Merc, Renault and Peugot can do, why not FiAT???
Excuse me, but which hatch?
Old 11th April 2008, 14:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@mods... I know this is harsh but I just couldnt take it. Mocking, Passing remarks on someone's hard earned purchase should also be considered against the rules of posting in a forum and should amount to infraction.
I second this!

Mods, it is high time we stop this unabated bashing!
Old 11th April 2008, 14:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry FiAT! Another disappointment!
I think he has a right to voice his disappointment. But I guess if they need a car just below the GP in 2 years, it has to have a certain amount of low cost engineering to hold it at the same price level as the Palio is now.

On the lighter side, the Fiat dislike club has got a bit more vocal these days.
Old 11th April 2008, 14:54   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
I think he has a right to voice his disappointment. But I guess if they need a car just below the GP in 2 years, it has to have a certain amount of low cost engineering to hold it at the same price level as the Palio is now.
If I am not wrong, the Bravo was developed in less than a year!
Old 11th April 2008, 14:54   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hold on! we are talking about a car that is on the drawing boards.

Tata's have a 50% say in whether its launched here or not. So it may not even reach Indian shores because it will clash with the Tata Indica.

Also, not that its important. But if India can claim to be a "developed" country, so does Brazil !!
Old 11th April 2008, 15:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Tata's have a 50% say in whether its launched here or not. So it may not even reach Indian shores because it will clash with the Tata Indica.

Also, not that its important. But if India can claim to be a "developed" country, so does Brazil !!
OT: Look where Brazil is in terms of alternate fuels + cars that can run these fuels italiaspeed.com
Old 11th April 2008, 15:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

@maser... goes without saying but not in each and every thread even if it talks of something completely different but has the Fiat name in it. We are speculating on a car which might be launched in 2010 and the guys says its a dissapointment.. already!
Then he mocks everyone who's driving a Fiat with his below the belt sarcastic remark. There's an end to everything but its a fresh start for him each time a thread on Fiat comes up on Team-bhp.
Old 11th April 2008, 15:31   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post

With JLR now in their pocket, Tatas probably have a 100% say in deciding whether it's launched here or not.

Fiat have already exhibited interest in JLR's rear wheel drive technology.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks