Team-BHP - Dzire some josh? Ford cuts Ikon price by Rs 36,000
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Dzire some josh? Ford cuts Ikon price by Rs 36,000 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38446-dzire-some-josh-ford-cuts-ikon-price-rs-36-000-a.html)

source: Inflation, what? Ford cuts Ikon price by Rs 36,000- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
MUMBAI: This is a price war of a different kind. While steel companies are busy taking on the government by raising prices, car majors have decided to cut prices to spur slowing sales.

Ford India has reduced Ikon price by around Rs 36,000 to Rs 4.49 lakh through a limited edition offer to take on Maruti’s recently-launched DZire, Renault Logan, Hyundai Accent and Tata Indigo.

“New launches and competitively-priced models in the upper mid-size and premium small-car segments have been putting pressure on this segment for the last two years,” said Tata Motors passenger car unit president Rajiv Dube. Some of the upper mid-size cars are Ford Fiesta, Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Chevrolet Aveo and Suzuki SX4.

The US auto major, which has only one variant (1.3 litre Rocam) of its Ikon model, is offering power steering, central locking and power windows at this reduced price. “This is a variable offer for a limited period. We want to create some excitement by attracting youth through this offer,” said a Ford India spokesperson.

Sales of Ikon have been under pressure for a while and the company has discontinued other variants. Sources indicate that Ikon price cut is a reaction to Maruti-Suzuki’s latest launch Dzire.

Looking forward for Mahindra to cut prices further on Logan... if the car comes on road below 4Lac, i'll surely buy one ! :thumbs up

Looks like good days for the consumer.
BTW, apart from a price cut, I think they should also bring in a TDCi version of the Ikon if they want to really make a dent in Dzire/Accent/Logan sales.

That really is a great price for the 1.3 Ikon. This puts it bang in Swift territory, doesn't it?

SB is right, if they launch the 1.4 Tdci in the Ikon with a minor facelift (which was discussed in another thread) they could expect some serious volumes

Quote:

Originally Posted by supremeBaleno (Post 797698)
I think they should also bring in a TDCi version of the Ikon if they want to really make a dent in Dzire/Accent/Logan sales.

Absolutely right. The dzire diesel is VFM product. Unless Ford brings the TDCi for the Ikon, nothing much is gonna change.

Even though the Ikon has been around for ages, it still is a competent entry-level sedan. And it is pricing like this which has led to a surge in the C segment, at the cost of hatchbacks.

The Indigo (CS too), Logan petrol, Dzire, Ikon, Accent....5 lakh rupees can buy you a pretty decent sedan, alright!

P.S. : Awesome thread title.

Good decision by Ford. It puts it right on price league of Swift VXi.
Ford Seriously has to upgrade interiors and plonk the 1.4tdci engine price it as mouth watering as the Dzire.

great! I was surprised though that there are no price cuts yet on Logan Diesel.

And then i checked the March sales chart by vasudeva and saw more Logan sales (3068) sold in March despite Swift Dezire and Idigo CS. In fact its the first time Logan is crossing 3000 since launch.

i think Logan has increased sales because of taxi operators going for it.

Logan is gaining popularity among Taxi operators, even BIAL (new Blore Intl Airport) will be having 500 Logans as taxis by Meru Cabs.

In Noida and Delhi also you will get to see a very large number of Logans. :OT I too have booked the Logan 1.6 GLS model.

The Ford Ikon is past its prime now. Its begging for a facelift. New set of interiors, new body design, platform, a new heart maybe! A limited edition price-cut is not going to help Ford a whole lot. Are they listening? Maybe not!

The Ford Ikon looks a bit outdated IMO. A simple price cut without a face-lift is unlikely to make too much of an impact on the sales charts. The 1.4 Tdci could do wonders though.

I agree all novelty value of Ikon is lost, and not many people who are not enthusiasts are keen on buying a Ikon..

I still feel Ikon has the josh to keep moving but certainly at a slow pace. The model is not dead yet. Ford has done a good thing by sticking to the one model clear choice. A diesel will help to revive the sales. If not the the 1.8, atleast the 1.4 one. Extremely good value for money at the entry level sedan category.

I wish they bring down the spare prices of the model. Ford may still be making good money on the spares and I feel this is the strategy in the long run. Large number of Ikons in the second hand market has also dampened the chances of the car.

And the good thing: all the better for the consumers, others will have to pull up their socks.