Team-BHP - New VW Jetta
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New VW Jetta (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/38687-new-vw-jetta.html)

Just launched in China.Could this be the model to be launched in India soon?

The air dams look good,though a tad bit on the bland side.
Any changes under the hood?

Reminds me of the current corolla.

Based on the VW Bora - type 4 platform. China produces the Jetta in three generations

1: Based on the Golf 2
2: Based on the Golf 4
3: Based on the latest one called the Sagitar

Wow! Love the lines!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 803928)
Based on the VW Bora - type 4 platform. China produces the Jetta in three generations

1: Based on the Golf 2
2: Based on the Golf 4
3: Based on the latest one called the Sagitar

I think this is based on Golf/Jetta Mk5

it looks nice- but i just hope that VW get the pricing right. AT ~$16K, in the US, i think we can look at this coming in at about 10L - 12L...I just wish they can bring this in at about 8L, ideally this would quite rock the toyota and Optra boat!

nops it seems to be based on the upcoming Golf Mk 6. Mk5 Jetta/Bora is already in production and the new lights are a part of the new Mk6 Golf. check link below

Golf Mark VI heads for Paris - What Car?

Jetta will be launched in July'08,to be priced around 13 lacs.

Source:VW

Will get more details later,maybe tomorow itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhirajs (Post 803989)

Are you sure?Dont make us sad.It will be around 13 or more than that.

It would be fine if it is pitted in 8 lakh category. It just cant take the fight to the Civic. Thats immpossible with these looks. But they can easily eat the Civic if they come with a new 2.0 ltr diesel. If they try to cut cost by using the present 1.9 from A4/A5 Octavia, then they will surely fail.

If it arrives with around 1.6 ltr diesel at 8 lakh, City, SX4, Verna are killed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aaggoswami (Post 804127)
It would be fine if it is pitted in 8 lakh category. It just cant take the fight to the Civic. Thats immpossible with these looks. But they can easily eat the Civic if they come with a new 2.0 ltr diesel. If they try to cut cost by using the present 1.9 from A4/A5 Octavia, then they will surely fail.

If it arrives with around 1.6 ltr diesel at 8 lakh, City, SX4, Verna are killed.

The question is are they willing to do it for lesser margins and higher initial setup cost.... obviously no!

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 803924)
Reminds me of the current corolla.

Same opinion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhirajs (Post 803989)

Skoda, Laura, Bora...what a bore! 13lac. Hope its got a good diesel engine to take on the Civic, Corolla and the Octavia/Laura.

Then they are bound to fail. They just cant position VW as high end brand above Skoda with this car. After Passat, it will be shock. The buyer in 13 lakh category will go for Honda or Toyota or Skoda. It is now clear that Skoda brand has made the entry of VW difficult. the best option is to launch this car with Skoda badge.

Spending more and attacking the 8Lakh category with diesel will give them sufficient numbers to sustain and justify their investments.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 804137)
Same opinion.

Skoda, Laura, Bora...what a bore! 13lac. Hope its got a good diesel engine to take on the Civic, Corolla and the Octavia/Laura.

13L will make it 15L on road in Bangalore! Disappointing.