Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2009, 12:34   #46
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...yet-again.html

you might be interested in this thread as well
Actually this current thread only repeats all that has been said in the earlier thread.

Actually when to big organizations tie-up like in this case TATA would be very offended with reports of poor service for FIAT cars, and they would hence under pressure to save the tie-up work harder for the FIAT service, with newer and better processes etc, This in turn should rub off back on TATA and improve their service.

The Tie-up should be good for both TATA as well as FIAT as well the customers. But it will take some time and improved numbers from FIAT.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:42   #47
BHPian

Definitely Fiat is making efforts to be in the right track. I'm getting numerous calls regarding how's the car's performance, both from Fiat and Tata since I got my Punto serviced. Hope they put their words into action!
Old 6th October 2009, 17:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

They are doing a good job. However, they need to keep refreshing their cars every year to stay in the competition. Also, 1-2 lauches a year will keep them in the limelight. They should focus on the segment where Uno once was. Revive the Uno brand and phase out the Palio with Panda/Idea
Old 7th October 2009, 09:48   #49
BHPian

It's easier to build a positive reputation from the scratch than to regain the lost reputation! Honda/Toyota has gotten to where they are now over years and has gained customer confidence greatly whereas Fiat has lost quite a lot over years. It will first have to "undo" the bad reputation it has won and then regain the confidence back.
It's not easy, but if they are willing to, they will surely bounce back. Continious improvement is the key.
Old 7th October 2009, 12:28   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
They should focus on the segment where Uno once was. Revive the Uno brand and phase out the Palio with Panda/Idea
Does FIAT have a vehicle that can fit into the Alto/ Spark category? I dont think so. The Panda on the other hand seems a very good bet. Is there any info about Panda coming to India? I could give a tough fight to tall boys in India. Although logic says that at the moment FIAT has to consolidate their position with the Linea and Punto. numbers have to be imrpoved with a better sales pitch. As of now there is a still a lot of people who dont even know that there are cars like the Linea and Punto. As far as their tie up with tata on the sales front I believe its the best bet they had. FIAT alone was not an option because of the numbers they sell and add to it the image. TATA may not be great shakes when it comes to A** but they have a large set up with a better image.
Old 7th October 2009, 14:17   #51
BHPian

I have collected and published online the registrations of the Fiat Group in major countries worldwide. For anyone interested, I leave the link for FIAT data on the Indian market, I write from Italy:

Sales of Fiat cars in India
Old 7th October 2009, 16:51   #52
BHPian

@Bluefiat. Is it possible for you to put up comparative data on your site?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks