Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 11:33   #1
BHPian

Cedia Brakes Issue

Hi Guys, need some help here. In my Cedia, whenever I am reversing and driving very very slow and press the brakes I can feel a shaking in the back of my car. I have noticed this when ever I am parking as my building parking is a bit cramped and need to reverse veryu very slow and then park with a column very close to the back of the car. So whenever I brake I can feel the back of the car shaking a bit. Is this normal with discs on all four wheels, or is there somehting I need to get checked? Thanks. My previous car was an accent, but I never felt this in that car.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi Guys, need some help here. In my Cedia, whenever I am reversing and driving very very slow and press the brakes I can feel a shaking in the back of my car. I have noticed this when ever I am parking as my building parking is a bit cramped and need to reverse veryu very slow and then park with a column very close to the back of the car. So whenever I brake I can feel the back of the car shaking a bit. Is this normal with discs on all four wheels, or is there somehting I need to get checked? Thanks. My previous car was an accent, but I never felt this in that car.
I am assuimg that by shaking you mean to say that you feel the vibrations on the steering? If that is the case, I guess its normal with any vehicle. Also, check if you have forgotten anything in the boot and if the music is too loud?
Old 9th May 2008, 13:13   #3
BHPian

Quote:
So whenever I brake I can feel the back of the car shaking a bit. Is this normal with discs on all four wheels, or is there somehting I need to get checked? Thanks. My previous car was an accent, but I never felt this in that car.
Never felt this while braking at any speeds, forward or reverse. So it is not normal. If you are concerned, better get it checked.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

Check the brake bias and get it adjusted accordingly. The issue could also be due to old brake fluid or clogged brake lines. Have the brake system checked at the service station and bleed the brakes if needed. Have the vehicle jacked up and check if all 4 wheels are freely moving. It is possible that the brakes have jammed the rear wheels and hence the wheels dont spin freely.

Dont neglect this as brakes are the most important part of a vehicle.

Last edited by n_aditya : 9th May 2008 at 13:16.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:41   #5
BHPian

Hi thnaks for the replies. The car has only run about 800 kms till date and I guess it could also be because of very very strong brakes as of now. Is that possible?

And no its not because of the music or anything in the boot. It just feels like the brakes are holding very tight and therefore the car at the back shakes.

Last edited by mav2000 : 9th May 2008 at 14:44.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:21   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi thnaks for the replies. The car has only run about 800 kms till date and I guess it could also be because of very very strong brakes as of now. Is that possible?

And no its not because of the music or anything in the boot. It just feels like the brakes are holding very tight and therefore the car at the back shakes.
In that case, please visit a service center and show the car to them. As others have pointed out, brakes are basic safety feature and should be be in mint condition
Old 9th May 2008, 15:34   #7
BHPian

Another way to put it. Feels like the old contessas braking and shaking. I guess you guys know what I am talking about now.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess it could also be because of very very strong brakes as of now. Is that possible?
Drive another cedia and check if it feels different.

Quote:
It just feels like the brakes are holding very tight and therefore the car at the back shakes.
Prop the car on jacks and check for free movement in the wheels.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:45   #9
Senior - BHPian

can it be the ABS intervening ? no matter what- during your first service, give the service engineer a demo.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:06   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
can it be the ABS intervening ?
I'm sure it's not the ABS. Mav mentioned the problem is noticeable even at very low speeds.
Old 9th May 2008, 16:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Dealer.

Quote:

Go to the dealer and ask him to check the free movement of the wheels.
Rest he can cure. At 800kms, the chances of the fluid or some other problems are less.
Old 10th May 2008, 18:31   #12
BHPian

Hi, finished my first service some time back. Let me add a bit to what I have said at speed there is absolutly no problem and the brakes work extremly well. Its only at very low speeds and specially when reversing. I will have it checked and update on the forum. thanks a lot.
Old 10th May 2008, 19:56   #13
BHPian

At very very low speed, while going down a slope in reverse and then when u brake, do u hear any loud metal scraping sound... mav2000? I had such an issue , thats why m asking. And when I asked the HM guys they said its normal...which was unacceptable!
Old 13th May 2008, 12:27   #14
BHPian

Nope no sound at all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks