Team-BHP - New Indica Launch 16th May EDIT:Indica LPG launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Indica Launch 16th May EDIT:Indica LPG launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/39640-new-indica-launch-16th-may-edit-indica-lpg-launched-5.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist (Post 831146)
Here are the costs of swift diesel variants in Bangalore, on-road.

SWIFT DIESEL LDI (DIESEL) 532560
SWIFT DIESEL VDI (DIESEL) 573159
SWIFT DIESEL VDI (DIESEL) WITH ABS 600080

GenuineOptimist Since you have tried most of the Indica models, can you get the price difference for the with & without Dual airbag + ABS model?

Just to compare how much these safety stuffs costs together (Swift ABS alone 37K)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 831178)
If you are looking at a discount now is the time to Buy a Indica, They are reportedly offering 50 - 75K Off on the current lot... But if you want a Multijet Powered Tata then wait for a couple of day's ....

Ha.. can you tell me how and where you got this information that 50 to 75k discounts are offered on Indica? I think its pure 'guesswork' if you know what I mean.. :Shockked:

There is this thread where official dealer/tata discounts on Indica is available.. I checked personally with multiple dealers and its true.. Nowhere its 50-75k.. not even close my dear.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...er-prices.html

INDICA DLX TCIC 467,897
INDICA DLX ABS = DLX TCIC+ AIR BAGS & ABS WITH ROOF RAIL 532,959..

As per the above prices abs, airbags and roof rail is charged 65k more in Tata. I guess these are reasonable costs..

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUV (Post 831178)
If you are looking at a discount now is the time to Buy a Indica, They are reportedly offering 50 - 75K Off on the current lot... But if you want a Multijet Powered Tata then wait for a couple of day's ....

Are you sure about this?

I checked up with one of the dealers on Monday and there was no disocunt other than 20k discount + 4k corporate + 4k employee discount.

However the launch of X1 should change all that. But as things stand now, there is no 'panic selling' by Tatas. :)

One of the dealers told me that Indica would be 35k/40k costlier to Palio MJD. And considering that most of their propective customers have been asking for atleast the ABS in Palio MJD, they are sure that X1 will come with it in higher version.

I will probably get to check the X1 in next couple of days (although test driving will not happen any soon). atleast hope to get some idea on in-cabin noise. Will keep you updated.

do you guys have got any pics of front and interiors. Just curious. I hope the engine will be the MJD, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snaronikar (Post 831335)
do you guys have got any pics of front and interiors. Just curious. I hope the engine will be the MJD, right?

Check the previous pages... Quite a few pictures are uploaded...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenuineOptimist (Post 831295)
INDICA DLX TCIC 467,897
INDICA DLX ABS = DLX TCIC+ AIR BAGS & ABS WITH ROOF RAIL 532,959..

As per the above prices abs, airbags and roof rail is charged 65k more in Tata. I guess these are reasonable costs..

Thanks friend, Yes it is reasonable.

Surprising how many guinea pigs waiting for Tata's new Indica! No offence! Usually the history says, the new model from Tata always gets fixed only in V2! :-P

Pardon my ignorance, is Tata still planning to call it Indica or will it get a new name?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon (Post 831421)
Pardon my ignorance, is Tata still planning to call it Indica or will it get a new name?

It seems like the name Indica will be retained...

Had seen this car couple of months back on my way back to Pune from Kolhapur, at the HP Pump. Had taken a halt for Petrol and some snacks at adjacent Hotel.

It was the same color, and again no covers to hide the car. I somehow did not like the looks of it, so dint take any pictures. I also noticed that there were marks of fuel leaking from the fuel lid.
Sould have asked the driver about the engine, whether its MJD or what.

Didnt like the brakelights of the new indica as shown in the pics. I am waiting for the release pics. Anyone going for it?

From the picture below it is clear that wires are coming out of the bonnet. So my guess is that testing is still going on. These pictures were taken last week so it begs the question whether they will be launching it any time soon. Or is it normal practice for the cars to be tested so close to the launch date assuming the date to be in this month.

New Indica Launch 16th May EDIT:Indica LPG launched-testing.gif

What about foreign markets? TATA should have considered the European market if it wants the new Indica to be successful. Or maybe they have gotten cold feet after the City Rover debacle. Though it seems the perfect opportunity with the purchase of Land Rover and Jaguar.

The bloated look really spoils it for me and so does the design of the rear bumper. After the Xenon the least they could have done was give some muscular lines.

an update: tomorrow there is a fleet launch party of marina VS TDI for taxi market and the xeta LPG, say some dealers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 831619)
an update: tomorrow there is a fleet launch party of marina VS TDI for taxi market and the xeta LPG, say some dealers.

bummer :(. so no new indica/indigo for some time?

I think the new Indica is going to play on the strengths similar to the previous one, thats space, fuel efficiency and VFM. Get these bang on with decent looks (although not gorgeous its nay offensive) I dont think Tata will have any problems selling these. As far as quality and reliability goes, keeping fingers crossed for the best.

The CityRover's faliure is not exactly Tata's fault. Rover went greedy and tried to package what is essentialy an economical car for the masses into a premium compact, pricing it close to newer generation cars like the Fiat Panda. They were then discounted heavily towrds the last days of Rover and you can see quite a few CityRovers running about on UK roads.