Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:13   #31
Senior - BHPian

Todays TOI (not the e-paper) says the probable price increase for Petrol will be Rs. 2/- per liter and Diesel will be spared. Hopefully the prices dont change and the Govt. reduces the tax, duties etc. Its the common man that bears the brunt everytime.

Mod's - please merge with http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...5-lt-hike.html

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd May 2008 at 13:22.
Old 23rd May 2008, 13:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

They have ensured that this news comes out after the elections in Karnataka aren't they smart .....

Yes, crude oil price is shooting up....but they need to reduce the tax and duties so that the common man is not hurt.....10bucks is a steep hike:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Guys, why are we blaming the Govt when the international crude oil prices are rising skywards?
I thought most of us here are well educated!

However, Govt (both Central & State) needs to do its bit by reducing the tax, excise on Oils, which is is quite high in states like Karnataka etc.

Last edited by lohithrao : 23rd May 2008 at 13:57.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:08   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
The spokesman making this statement is surely on drugs! 5 rs. hike for diesel in an election year. The policy makers will not be allowed to do so even if they were fantasising about it
Sir ji, we are all privileged to be paying for our petrol indexed at USD 65 to a barrel - and now crude is USD 135 a barrel. This is the exceses of tthe past catching up. This Govt totally did away with the earlier pricing mechanism of adjustting retail fuel prices once every 15 days, which would have lessened the impact and made us pay little by little....all the way to USD 135. By all means, price of petrol should be somewhere around Rs 90 per litre, assuming that same tax structure is maintained.
Old 23rd May 2008, 14:13   #34
BHPian

Yes I agree with you Mr. Kumar, but this is India and we are run by crooks in the form of politicians!! No govt. in their right frame of mind will dare to increase fuel prices by 5 rs. in an election year. If they do, well then, we will see them donning the oposition benches after the election results.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:15   #35
Senior - BHPian

I was just speaking to my partner in UK and he said the cost of Diesel is GBP 1.30 ( x 83 Rs ) Which means 108 Rs for a Litre of Diesel !!!

We are way better off than most other countries are. But not far away from such prices. Hike of 5 Rs. & 3 Rs. is very much possible really soon.
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:34   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
just now the flash news report that Petrol to be hiked to by 10 rs and diesel by 5rs.
from where did you check this ?
Old 23rd May 2008, 15:56   #37
Senior - BHPian

Rs.10 for petrol is too hi at one shot,They will play the same game as they do increase it by Rs.10 and there will be havoc in the country and they will cut doen by Rs.1.50 and yess everyone is quite again,till the next shock

Anyone from Mumbai is interested to buy a bicycle,we can pick it up in bulk and we will save some monies together hehehehehe,I will start using public transport now even for short distance trip
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:12   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

first let them bring parity in pricing across all states and union territories for FUEL by rationalising the import duties taxation and excise duty structures
next let them raise the prices where required to be able to handle the rising price of crude
BTW just an hour ago ET ONLine was reporting the Brent Crude prices fell from 135 to 130 - same in Singapore
therefore we hope.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
AAM Janata is not only earning lots of money but also spending more money on AAMs. If global oil prices rise, we all pay - and Govt helps by cutting taxes, duties and octrois. Communism is dead, we pay as we earn.....and don't expend on petrol/ diesel if you can't afford.
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:15   #39
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

if anyone is serious about biking try this site - Firefox Bikes - join the trail!
superb bikes - priced from Rs 7000 upwards - for 10000 one can get a 6 gear All terrain Bike - absolutely superb. my colleague in office has one which he rides to work thrice a week and possibly this weekend I will go there and buy one too! It looks BRILLIANTO!!!!! and IS FUN to RIDE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Rs.10 for petrol is too hi at one shot,They will play the same game as they do increase it by Rs.10 and there will be havoc in the country and they will cut doen by Rs.1.50 and yess everyone is quite again,till the next shock

Anyone from Mumbai is interested to buy a bicycle,we can pick it up in bulk and we will save some monies together hehehehehe,I will start using public transport now even for short distance trip
Old 23rd May 2008, 16:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Guys we are forgetting one thing. The transport cost from the port to other places. This also plays a major role in the fuel prices. For Eg: The price of fuels will be always cheaper near the port cities than the others where they are located further away.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
if anyone is serious about biking try this site - Firefox Bikes - join the trail!
superb bikes - priced from Rs 7000 upwards - for 10000 one can get a 6 gear All terrain Bike - absolutely superb. my colleague in office has one which he rides to work thrice a week and possibly this weekend I will go there and buy one too! It looks BRILLIANTO!!!!! and IS FUN to RIDE!!!!

Looks good but where's the mud-guard? That is essential in India unless one wants the road on his shirt!
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:29   #42
BHPian

Tatas need to launch the Nano really quickly now. With expected efficiency of 25Km to a L it will probably be my only savior, else resort back to the good old days of train travel. Guess will retain the Zen also for now... Returns quite a decent mileage.
Old 23rd May 2008, 17:39   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Guys we are forgetting one thing. The transport cost from the port to other places. This also plays a major role in the fuel prices. For Eg: The price of fuels will be always cheaper near the port cities than the others where they are located further away.
If this be the condition, then costs of fuels should be one of the lowest in the countries in Mumbai, after all majority of the ships empty their crude output here.
Fuel pricing is a very complicated thing, with every state Govt getting an assured income from the taxes that are levied on them. Hence the Govt doesn’t want to reduce the duties either, thus pushing up the losses.
Old 23rd May 2008, 19:22   #44
BANNED

It would have been more sensible to increase price of Diesel more than that of petrol.

It will reduce chances of adulteration, and keep the environment clean. It will improve the health and well being of rural poor and farmers. It will keep our forests green. It will improve morale of the defence personnel. And higher increase in diesel than petrol will mean that monsoons arrive and end on time.

Statutory disclosure:- I own a petrol engined vehicle!!!

(Me grins, ducks, and runs!!!)
Old 23rd May 2008, 20:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
from where did you check this ?

ASIANET NEWS @11 am was the source.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks