Team-BHP - Hyundai introduces CNG variant of 'Accent'
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai introduces CNG variant of 'Accent' (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40852-hyundai-introduces-cng-variant-accent.html)

Guys,

Hyundai Motor India on Monday introduced CNG variant of its mid-size sedan 'Accent', which will be costlier by Rs 56,500 than the existing version.

Check out the whole story at

DNA - Money - Hyundai introduces CNG variant of 'Accent' - Daily News & Analysis

Well Thats great news. Already the car rocks and now this CNG. Good move by Hyundai to beat the price hike

Well hope there isnt considerable drop in performance.

Good news & Good move by Hyundai ! This should have some takers.
Do we sense a Dzire to get the CNG?? hmm Should be interesting.

How has the Snatro CNG been performing ? Does anyone on the forum have it ? Any known issues ?

Not bad at all. The Accent has been a steady seller all through and this option should put to rest any FE issues which folks might have been worried about. Any idea what is the loss in boot space?

Accent is going to be a dead model in next couple of years. Looks very old. They are just reviving the old models. Hope this will have enough takers.

but do we have cng availble on every pump?especially during intercity travel??

only if cng is easily available the car is worth buying

CNG is available in Delhi quite easily. I wish every car would have option of CNG. I am just Dreaming about Swift ZXI CNG. I guess it will be better then Diesel As i get feautres of ZXI.

Its pouring CNG at the moment!!! First the Santro now the Accent. Hyundai trying to bump sales here. Apart from Delhi which other places have CNG easily available? Not many I guess. Until that changes, the volumes in this segment will be low.

People buying CNG fuelled car would do well to ponder on the following points before taking the decision to go in for CNG fuelled car.

1) Do they require a lot of booth space.
2) Do they travel outside thecity very frquently.
3) Are they willing to refuell every second day.
4) Are they willing to spend 30 min for each refill. ( Long queues, non availability of Gas, Low pressure).
5) Are they willing to accept a small drop in performance

If these expectations are realistic, they will do fine.

Regards,

Rajneesh

The Accent sure has better appeal than the Ikon & now the CNG & LPG (to be introduced soon) options are definitely going to be a success. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 861090)
The Accent sure has better appeal than the Ikon & now the CNG & LPG (to be introduced soon) options are definitely going to be a success. :)

Only if the CNG and LPG are available in abundancy and in every cities where the car is going to be launched.:)

In Delhi I have often seen 20-30 Vehicle lines outside fuel pumps. I guess thats the only disadvantage of CNG, you have to wait for an hour to get fuel filled.

Not one hour actually but yes 20 mins or more on an average. It depends upon station to station. I've been using CNG on one of my car for almost 2 years now and i think the max time it took for me to fill up the gas was 45 mins and that too because it was a peek time.

Quick reaction to the fuel price hike, eh? I am seeing Hyundai act so fast after a long time. Hopefully, they get back to the good 'ol aggressive days.