Team-BHP - HM to launch a new model in October
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   HM to launch a new model in October (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/40908-hm-launch-new-model-october.html)

Another new car in the Indian market but this time from an unexpected company.
Hindustan Motors are launching a new car before Durga Puja.

Anyone with more information?

source: Hindustan Motors promises new model in October

i eagerly looking forward to this, a new car from HM.

i just hope at least this car wont sport decades old technology or designs.

Just wish that its just not another new-age tin-wrapper, but something befitting the aura of the Ambassador. However, that will not happen.

Quote:

Originally Posted by safari_lover (Post 861944)
Another new car in the Indian market but this time from an unexpected company.
Hindustan Motors are launching a new car before Durga Puja.

Anyone with more information?

source: Hindustan Motors promises new model in October

I bet its an old ambassador with rain sensing wipers :D:D

Quote:

The technology used for the car will be partly in-house and partly from a partner, said Ravi Santhanam, managing director of Hindustan Motors Ltd (HML).

Could it be the new Lancer/ Outlander?

However, since HM still thinks its in the early 90s, dont be too surprised if the above post comes true. :D

An amby with Voice Prompt, Rain Sensing Wipers, Single press power windows and SatNav.

My Landmaster will still be better !

Let's give HM guys' a break, atleast they are trying, and who knows if they really come up with something great, maybe a competitor to the TATA NANO. Anyways let's just keep our fingers crossed and hope this time around they come up with something that would put HM back on the map.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 862006)
An amby with Voice Prompt, Rain Sensing Wipers, Single press power windows and SatNav.

My Landmaster will still be better !

Hi Steeroid, by the way is the Landmaster project complete?

I am hoping its the outlander. And a small prayer GOD please please give it a diesel engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 861974)
Could it be the new Lancer?

I doubt New Lancer will be out this year. Mind you if HM does announce Lancer will be out this year i bet half of them will start saving it up for it.

I don't think it would be the Outlander or the new Lancer. The article says they have developed the car inhouse and the prototype is ready. Going by that, it should be a all new vehicle.

Hindustan Motors Ltd (HM), which manufactures the Ambassador car and Japanese automobile major Mitsubishi Motors Corp.’s vehicles in India, is set to launch a new passenger car in October—its first entirely new car since the Contessa, which was launched in the early 1980s and officially withdrawn in 2003.

“The company has, on its own, developed a new platform for the car. Though we have taken some technical inputs from others, the design is entirely our own,” said R. Santhanam, managing director of HM, in Kolkata on Tuesday. The car, he added, would be manufactured at HM’s factory at Uttarpara in West Bengal, and launched in October

“To cope with competition, we have to launch new products. We have been planning this (launch) for quite some time,” Santhanam said. But asked about the specifications of the new car, he said, the company wasn’t ready to announce anything.
The prototype of the car is ready and has been tested extensively at the Uttarpara factory. “It has now been sent for mandatory tests...,” said an HM official who spoke on condition of anonymity

Full Article / Source - Hindustan Motors set to launch new passenger car in October - Corporate News - livemint.com

Elito

ok... so now the HM new car (???) will surely hit ARAI in Pune. Tushkey or anybody who has access to ARAI ofc in Pune can post spy pics..

I somehow get the feeling that this will be a MUV

It is hightime that other players too enter the MUV market. Lets hope that it is a good quality MUV

I wish/hope it'd be a RWD sedan. Only if God had knocked some sense into the HM guys.

How I miss the Conty.

An MUV, IMHO, would be pointless now. We're already spoilt for more options than one can contend with. Another needle in the haystack is off the course for HM.

Want reliability & refinement? Innova it is. VFM & performance? Scorpio. F.E & utility? Tavera. Lowest markup/vehicle cost? Rhino.