Team-BHP - Safari not goin CRDi
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Safari not goin CRDi (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/4154-safari-not-goin-crdi.html)

Tata is not putting CRDI in the safari as yet. They are making it meet BSIII with conventional indirent injection. :WTF:

where did you hear about this? wouldnt a more powerful /cleaner/more advanced engine mean better export sales?

Its sad to know this...

CURSE AND BLASTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT OH MAN THIS SUCKS.

Damn I finally thought the Safari was gonna rock, now its just gonna get another noisy, lazy, slow oil burner.

haha - if its true then i was expecting this from tata. and they still claim to be improving !

rite Stratos ?

Please give the source from where you have heard this news
Well thats really sad news, IF TRUE. I just hope the BSIII engines are refined than the current one.
Secondly, I saw the graphical image of the new look Tata Safari in Autocar India and the design I am afraid in my personal opinion is dissappointing!! Only front has been changed to some extent!!

Well the source is Autocar India march 2005. Page 39 reads: Safari meets BS III with conventional indirect injection

ya decite ur rite..
stratos which ACI month did they show the image of the safari?

what the heck its not working with TATA at all

mahindra has a better technology now

in the safari they have a lion with no teeth

i really wonder how they are moving forward with this move...... :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vance0712
what the heck its not working with TATA at all

mahindra has a better technology now

in the safari they have a lion with no teeth

i really wonder how they are moving forward with this move...... :confused:

M n M usuing same thing for its Bolero. They did it before as well from BSI to BSII and NOW TO BSIII and then they finally plan to call it a day for the Bolero :D

M an M are going to discontinue the Bolero from the urban markets guys.
The Scorpio CRDe on the other hand is going to be a sure shot winner and with its price clashing with that of the Innova it is going to be an intresting battle - SUV vs UV, and i get a feeling toyota is going to win.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
M an M are going to discontinue the Bolero from the urban markets guys.

Mahindra & Mahindra are not going to discontiunue the Bolero. From where did you get this news?

Wrong move. Does TATA really expect to make a comeback, with an IDI BS-3 diesel engine, against the CRDe? What are their plans now? Launch the CDI engine in 2007, with their new platform? With their current strategy, they would probably incur enough losses to scrap the SUV range (read one model only)all together.

HEY just read in the economic times that the oil companies have asked the govt for time till october 2005 for fuel for euro-3 vehicles . they say they dont have enuf stock ! and hence have asked for extension - major problem is for the interiors where the vehicles are going from euro-1 to euro-2 , in the metros its fine ......

the car makers are in a fix as they have started production for the euro-3 norms !

lets c now what happens !

Really not surprised about this. TATA after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjkulkarni
Really not surprised about this. TATA after all.

agree: lambo they are not discontiuing the bolero they making it BSIII the tat way lol: