Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2005, 19:41   #1
Team-BHP Support

at last.....

Today on my way back , I saw for the first time on the road........wait for it .....A Skoda Superb - nearly a ye\ar after it was released, someone bit the bullet. It has presence no doubt and it is long. Width seemed to be the same as my City

Was admiring it and then I got distracted ....................... why ? .............at last Bangalore's first Bangled 5 series 530 drove out of the UB headquarters. Looked a bit disappointing from the back. Must be one of the MD's (not Vijay) - he had a an old 5 earlier and another person had an old jag. They pay them well in terms of cars. One senior VP has a company Camry, Merc and a santro.

Beer and BMW's anyone ?
Old 28th February 2005, 19:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

So ajmat u see your first new 5 today. Lots of em running around Mumbai nowadays . I guess they will become common sooner or later. Now waiting for the first M5 to hit the roads

Beer I dont drink but can surely join you for BMWs over ice tea

Dippy
Old 28th February 2005, 20:09   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Beer and BMW's anyone ?
Yet to see a Superb. What colour was that Ajmat?

BMW and beer can happen only on weekends. Otherwise my regular but that too after I get back from Bombay. What say?
Old 28th February 2005, 20:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
but that too after I get back from Bombay. What say?
Rudra are u in bombay or are you coming here . If yes lets catch up sometime if possible

Dippy
Old 28th February 2005, 20:25   #5
Senior - BHPian

What a coincidence. I too came across a Skoda Superb today for the first time, though in Hyderabad. It was ivory color.
Old 28th February 2005, 21:07   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Yet to see a Superb. What colour was that Ajmat?

BMW and beer can happen only on weekends. Otherwise my regular but that too after I get back from Bombay. What say?
Black as in "label" blah blah blah (reply too short so filling in)
Old 28th February 2005, 21:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

I was there at superb's launch party in delhi on 14th Nov 2003 (my birthday!) but just begain to see the car on the roads for the last 3-4 months, seen about a dozen so far in delhi.. and a friend's superb in which we put 17inchers and an awesome music system worth a couple of lacs. Probably gonna design lower fog lights and grille for him in sometime.
Old 28th February 2005, 22:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Not a bad looker, way too many similarities in terms of Octy's looks. Only ever seen a Beige coloured one running about. Noticed it because it was stuck in traffic, then switched my attention to .........wait for it.......an Octavia. Sorry, but it's blinged wheels distracted me.
Old 1st March 2005, 01:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

Have seen some here in Paris. Not the car that someone would want to show off, IMO.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen a nice beige Superb which i suppose belongsto autobahn and my friend has a nice black one.
Its quite a cool car but i would go for a C-Class (self driven) or an accord V6 (family) any day.
Old 1st March 2005, 18:41   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, it happened to me and maybe to some of you too. Passed a couple of Superbs and mistook them for Octavias. Until a second glance.

GTO
Old 1st March 2005, 19:25   #12
BHPian

Haven't seen one on Cochin roads as yet.. but there was this motor show by ICICI to promote car loans... All the cars here in India were for display there..
Kphilips and I went there cos we were pretty jobless...
The RS and Superb were parked next to each other.. The black RS looked as stunning as ever.. The superb is huge.... We got into the superb and when i opened the door to get out it knocked against the RS rearview.. I hope nothing happened, just adore the RS..... She looked the most stunning among all the cars there..
Then some second hand cars were for display.. Some mercs(old S class), a cera, lexus etc...

I'm sure here in cochin many would go for the Superb.. Unfortunately no one goes for sporty cars.. Mercs are what all go for.... ggrrrrrrrrr
Old 1st March 2005, 19:27   #13
BANNED

NOT yet seen any superbs on road yet.. guess people who buy a car of that cost prefer to go for the three star merc.. i would love to buy a superb but prefer to go in for a C200K any day as the Merc is tried and tested
Old 1st March 2005, 21:43   #14
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Well, it happened to me and maybe to some of you too. Passed a couple of Superbs and mistook them for Octavias. Until a second glance.

GTO
Ditto. Seen the Beige Superb twice.
Old 2nd March 2005, 03:33   #15
Senior - BHPian

Seen a few Superbs on road.But seriously this car has no looks or styling whatsoever.
Its more like a plain jane car from the outside.I hope they consider relaunching it before it turns out to be another Mondeo.

X

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks