Team-BHP - AUDI to launch R8 in India. EDIT : Launch pics on Pg. 3
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   AUDI to launch R8 in India. EDIT : Launch pics on Pg. 3 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/42804-audi-launch-r8-india-edit-launch-pics-pg-3-a.html)

Read it in newspaper today morning.

German luxury car manufacturer Audi would launch its acclaimed sports car R8 in India in October-November as it seeks to build the brand in the Indian market, a top official of Audi India said.

"We will launch R8 in October-November in the last quarter. We already have the first order (in India)", Audi India vice-president marketing Martin Birkner told PTI here.

Audi sold 350 cars in India in 2007 and has a target to nearly triple that number, mainly driven by sales of A4 sedan that was launched in India this month. "As we target sales of 1,000 cars in India by December, the new Audi A4 will be a crucial product to help us achieve this goal", he said.

Source: The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Business

PS. I searched in the forums, but couldn't find anything related to it. If the topic already exists, please merge it.

Thanks

wow audi is really taking indian market pretty serious..and the R8 looks awesome.

The R8 has got a level of practicality that may render it as one of the useable sportscars on Indian roads. More than anything, it will give Audi's image a shot in the arm....something the brand desperately needs.

Good move Audi. Nice to see you guys waking up!

I'm sure the Diesel R8 will be a hit :D

Thats great news about an awesome piece of machine. Would love to own one some day. The diesel R8 will make things much better for Audi in India

great news that, Glad that we dont have to pay those massive excise and customs clearance and dealer fee for owning one of these in india. Any guess what would be the pricing and how much if differs if one had to import it thru some dealer. ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 911871)
I'm sure the Diesel R8 will be a hit :D

thats when they launch it here. first let them find a small enough gearbox that can take that insane torque.

I can afford one too, but i am not sure if we have roads for driving :-)

Not fun driving in the traffic

Spotted an R8 on MG Road Delhi near Chhattarpur abt a month back - all black. It looks awesome - but rather out of place on Indian roads !!

So BMW (5 series highline) and Audi (R8) are getting hyper active in India clap: This gonna be a good scene to look at.

Audi R8 in India.
Wonder what will it be priced like
Hell the car is great and in deisel 1000nm or torque. Ravishing
Thumbs Up Audi!

Well I hope they keep their word and do this.

Like GTO said it will definitely do wonders for Audi's rep.

I am also wondering what the price will be like, around 1.2 CR?

DIPPY...Now we know where to go next!! I will definately be going for this launch party!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerohit (Post 912223)
I can afford one too, but i am not sure if we have roads for driving :-)

Not fun driving in the traffic

This aint the car to take out in traffic bro. Like all other r8('s) in mumbai take them out whens roads are lest crowded.

I really like this car, it would be my chariot if only I could afford it!