Team-BHP - New Mahindra-Logan 'Edge' launched
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   New Mahindra-Logan 'Edge' launched (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/42872-new-mahindra-logan-edge-launched.html)

More information at -
Mahindra Renault launches Logan Edge- Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times

Website still needs to be updated, I guess. Any news on variants pricing and features?

Just the parking sensors are new? Wide body car!

Btw, I liked the new website design

" The car would come with some additional features like reverse parking censor and better fuel efficiency, he added. "
Why should reverse parking be 'censored' ;)

Hope they have rectified the wiper blade, remote boot release etc.

when they say better fuel efficiency, what changes could have been done?

Ah finally the Logan feels the Pinch of the Dzire ! Hope M&M brings the facelift Logan imm. !

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 913454)
Hope they have rectified the wiper blade, remote boot release etc.

What are the issues with wiper blades and remote boot release?

wiper blades work in the wrong direction i guess ( a la RHD cars )
similarly boot release was on passesnger side. wasnt a dealer fix involving a remote trigger from the driver side made available ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 913487)
What are the issues with wiper blades and remote boot release?

wiper blades:
orientation.
They are using the LHD style of orientation on a RHD car.

EDIT: sorry did not see Greenhorns post on the same.

Whoops i meant LHD in mpy previous post !

Have they introduced door handles?

For a while there I was concerned that if it got any more edges it could cut paper.

Its just a limited edition - a la ford :DHere's a link:
Mahindra Renault launches Logan Edge at Rs 500,000

what i really don't like is the 1.4 lac difference between a 1.6L petrol & 1.5L Diesel. They're just milking the diesel variation. This's where Maruti got it right - the price diff is under 1L for Dezire petrol->diesel.

I think its reasonable enough to expect the Diesel under 6.5 L. Come on Mahindra - you can do better!

A limited edition of Logan ? Its amusing.
The car was supposed to be facelifted first and then the limited edition would be more welcome.

Here is the reason behind all this hullabaloo!

Have been a bit lazy in posting this. Informative article! -

A year after its joint venture with Mahindra & Mahindra got off the ground, French car maker Renault has decided to revise its sales strategy for India following the Logan's lacklustre performance.
The JV begun selling the mid-sized sedan in April-May last year through M&M's dealerships across the country.
Patrick Blain, executive VP (sales and marketing) Renault, who was quoted in a report, said, "The (mid-size) segment has turned out to be smaller than we thought and we may need to revise our product strategy for the Indian market."
Renault had earlier targeted sales of 50,000 units in the local market by 2008-end. The company sold 12,715 cars in the first six months of this year, falling way below the target of 25,000-30,000 units.
Blain further said that it is unlikely that the targeted sales will be achieved by the joint company, Mahindra Renault Private Limited (MRPL), this year. The company produced less than 1,100 cars in June, a sharp decline from the earlier monthly production tally of more than 2,500 cars. Sales, too, fell by 11 per cent in the last quarter.
The fall in expectation of sales is generally due to the fact that the Indian market has been dominated by compact and fuel efficient cars, which constitute about 70 per cent of the total vehicle sales.
Nalin Mehta, VP (sales and marketing), MRPL, said, "The automobile sector is facing difficult times; the situation begun to tighten four months ago. No vehicle manufacturing company, including us, is thinking of expanding operations currently. The slowdown has impacted our sales as well."
Last year, the company planned to have 100 Logan dealers across the country but managed only 94. The target for the year is to have 150 dealers in place and company officials say that the dealer expansion programe will move ahead as planned despite the slowdown.
Accentuating the slowdown worries, the company doesn't expect the entry level mid-size segment to grow as planned, which, according to some analysts, should have been in the range of 12-14 per cent. The small car segment, meanwhile, grew by nearly 15 per cent in the April-June quarter.
The Logan, an entry level midsizer priced at Rs 4.25 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai), is pegged against the Maruti Suzuki DZire, the Ford Ikon, the Hyundai Accent and the Tata Indigo. MRPL claims to have garnered a market share of 12 per cent in the segment through the Logan.
The company is also planning to introduce the Sandero, which is based on the Logan platform. However, these plans have been pushed to next year as the focus currently is fully on consolidating the Logan in the local market, added Mehta.

Source: afaqs! > the complete Indian advertising, media & marketing site

Elito